• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what sells more Injustice 2 or Marvel vs Capcom: Infinity?

opricnik

Banned
Isn't the roster in MvC:I the same size as Injustice 2? I'm sure both rosters will get a lot bigger via DLC/season passes. I don't think the general public is going to care too much that niche Capcom characters like Okami and Viewtiful Joe aren't there.

In that logic general public aint gonna care for mobile game tier graphics bad content of MVCI , instead of superior game with shinny graphics and unlimited content

blakep267

Isn't the roster in MvC:I the same size as Injustice 2? I'm sure both rosters will get a lot bigger via DLC/season passes. I don't think the general public is going to care too much that niche Capcom characters like Okami and Viewtiful Joe aren't there.
The difference is that Injustice DLc characters are just icing on he cake. Everybody you want is already in the game. Why buy MVC with the promise that your favorites will introduced sometime in 2018

Compbros

People talked about a bump in sales thank to Marvel's popularity, there's no better test for that than this game. It is loaded with MCU favorites.

bryanee

First thread I thought of when seeing the UK sales lol.

Maybe MvC will do better in the US because I dont see it doing well across the rest of the EU.

Eidan

Now having played both games, this comparison almost feels unfair to MvC. It's not a disastrous game, but it's a clear step down from its predecessor, and really not in the same league as Injustice 2.

Injustice 2 is a better sequel to me. I actually hated the first game. Didn't love the roster and even if I did, the game was still really ugly. Same reason I didn't like MK9.

I don't really understand the complaints about the gameplay. Yeah it's different, but that doesn't mean it's bad or inferior to others. I enjoy playing it just as much as I do Tekken 7. NRS gameplay is clunkier for sure, but once you adjust to the rhythm, it's pretty satisfying. Hits sound good. I also feel like the only reason the NRS games burn out after 2 years is because they stop supporting it and fans know they will stop. I don't know if it's NRS or Warner Bros. That want to milk the series like this, but I wish the lifespan of the games were longer. I'm really sad that MKX appears to be done. I would have loved a KP3. Just seems like a waste of great work.

I do want MvC:I to get better, though. Not all the characters look like trash and I would like to see what they could do with newcomers. I really want see some Asura, Cable, or Psylocke DLC in the future. I feel like it just needs a better roster.

Flipping through the first page and it looks like a lot of people were on point with Injustice 2.

I like MVC:I but I am kind of itching for a new Marvel only fighting game from Capcom.

shaowebb

The real story is Pokken has outsold AAA Capcom fighters this gen twice.
Daaaaayum. It is what it is. Hell usf2 was a switch exclusive and its outsold mvci. They cant keep believin their sequels will sell like mad these days for minimal effort when there is so much competition in the market for these games. I made a list in community and there are around 30 different fighting games involved in tournaments thru next year right now. There are other titles to play and a lot of competition and they got left behind on many mechanics and on production values long ago. Folks still prefer to compete in many of the older games too so there are scenes that self compete even within there own library unless theres cash on the line.

Capcom hurt themselves. Theyre not gonna be on top in this genre againanyyime soon. It aint the 90s anymore. They may advertise their scene and put up cash pots that are high and have shoryuken folks and their tournies fall all over themselves to give them top billing but profits have long since went to the competition and THAT is what will determine what sticks around in the end.

Synth

Someone needs to do a wall of shame, I would but im at work

I can't be assed with compiling an entire wall... but there's one that I never forgot about on our way to today. Mr "Capcom saved the genre" himself. :)

MVCI. Marvel is way bigger than DC. Especially since it's on more platforms and will release around the time frame of the movies.

Also Mortol Kombat is a much bigger name than NRS.

This is going to be a pretty hilarious crow thread by years end.

Hilarious crow indeed.

I still can't believe this was a genuine question. Even though I prefer Capcom fighters marvel never stood a chance.

Capcom has nowhere near the budgets or the marketing power of WB Games. Anyone who genuinely said MvC for whatever reason was not being rational and letting their own favouritism cloud their judgement.

Compbros

I don't know why people thought that the DC films would damage Injustice. It didn't do anything to boost IGAU while it's marketing coincided with the release of The Dark Knight Rises. On the flip side any casual fans of Marvel that come from movies have a vast array of Marvel games to play for free including puzzle/match 3, RPGs, and fighting games. They are very unlikely to plop down 60 bucks for a game they may play for a couple weeks.

Gestault

I feel like some fighting fans seriously underestimate the sales performance of NetherRealms titles, especially when tied to the DC license.

Sephzilla

Injustice will probably crush it. Netherrealm's fighters are usually really solid in the sales department. Meanwhile, MvC3 didn't exactly light the world on fire

1bd3d6d70d89a0a25f64c5ab12c0e176.gif

Is it possible that someone could license capcom to do fighting games for them? Because i don't think they know what they are doing over there anymore.

Capcom has nowhere near the budgets or the marketing power of WB Games. Anyone who genuinely said MvC for whatever reason was not being rational and letting their own favouritism cloud their judgement.

Yep. It has nothing to do with the popularity of the marvel/dc brands. This comes down to the publisher and the amount of money they have to spend on marketing, along with the perception and quality of the game and studios as a whole. And capcom has been struggling for a decade now.

Top Bottom