• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....Where is RIME??

Doesn't necessarily imply anything, but I do get the vibe that they're under pressure, both from the publisher side of deadlines and internal side of getting the game to be good. (we haven't ever seen gameplay yet)

yOXrFkO.jpg

ExdJZGQ.jpg

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if they are under a lot of pressure right now. Sony couldn't have put the game on stage in 2013 with the expectation that it wouldn't release until 2016 (or later).

I mean the game could be poor, but I really hope it's not a case of testers wanting combat because it's only puzzles and adventuring. There is nothing wrong with an adventure without combat, in fact I'd welcome it in today's gaming climate.

They should do an Itagaki and put in more puzzles. Fuck focus test gropus. Be true to your vision.

Elios83

Yoshida has already said that the team is very small and they need more time. Surely the project was very ambitious for them and they are under pressure to deliver.

Seems to be a trend with some of the Sony first party studios, that they are technically brilliant, but can't make a fun game. The Order, Killzone, Infamous, and now this too. Each of them look great but are lacking when it comes to how fun they are to play.

I hope they can work the problems out.

Alucrid

Banned
Seems to be a trend with some of the Sony first party studios, that they are technically brilliant, but can't make a fun game. The Order, Killzone, Infamous, and now this too. Each of them look great but are lacking when it comes to how fun they are to play.

Good thing tequila works isn't first party

Neither is ready at dawn

I had fun with all the games you listed. Remember, fun is a subjective thing.

Also what Alucrid wrote.

Tequila Works being technically brilliant lmao.

Assuming all this is true, this is very much a case where a dev is given more trust (based off their pitch) than they can actually deliver on, especially considering they don't have the track record to prove it. But honestly, it's a foolish statement. Firstly,they're an independent studio. Secondly, sometimes you gotta have some trust on these kind of things.

It's like letting ND work on a TPS (Uncharted) or GG on a RPG (Horizon) even though they've never made one before. Sometimes you've gotta take a leap of faith in talent, trusting they can make their pie-in-the-sky ideas work.

... And sometimes they don't work.

eFKac

Lol fantastic analysis.

Especially since this is not a Sony first party studio, and well Rime was never playable but you imply that it's not fun to play.

Edit. Also, about that tweet. I'm sure they're under pressure, Sony is probably really pissed about this deal. I can't imagine Sony thought that the game may end up releasing 3 years or more after the announcements.

Lol fantastic analysis.

Especially since this is not a Sony first party studio, and well Rime was never playable but you imply that it's not fun to play.

That's what the only feedback I have to go off says. Do you know any better?

Regardless of what party they are, it's how I feel about those games that Sony have backed as exclusives. Its not a console warrior thing. I love Bloodborne and DC, but the rest have been technically great, but nothing special to play.

Regardless of what party they are, it's how I feel about those games that Sony have backed as exclusives. Its not a console warrior thing. I love Bloodborne and DC, but the rest have been technically great, but nothing special to play.

Well, if we're including smaller exclusives, which Rime technically is as well. Until Dawn, Everybody's Done to the Rapture and Resogun received a fair bit of praise.

eFKac

What feedback do you mean, cause maybe I've missed something? Of course I don't, I'm not an insider, I just think you don't either.
The rest is completely your opinion, that's the first thing, second - projecting your generalization on a product that is not yet released is silly.

All of those games are great fun to me.

Rymuth

Jim Ryan talks about it with EuroGamer

One game we didn't see last night, which I was expecting because it's another big game coming from Europe, was Rime. It's gone quite for a while.

Jim Ryan: Yeah, it has. It's a good question. The show was quite long last night, and there's only so much you can squeeze into these things. Our focus is always going to be on new unveils, the larger franchises. Just providing another update to a game that's been seen on more than one occasion at European events, it didn't strike us as the best use of a very finite commodity, which is time. Don't read anything into it, in one way or another.

Do you want to keep it separate from the Last Guardian? It's almost more Ico than Ico.

Jim Ryan:[Laughs] Well, it couldn't have been inspired by, because we hadn't shown the PS4 Last Guardian when we last showed Rime.

Well, it's very much indebted to the work of Fumito Ueda.

Jim Ryan: You know, that link hadn't really struck me at all. Now you say it, I could surmise that...

Make of his answers what you will~

its been 2 years and we still dont really know what this game is outside of "It looks a bit like Ico crossed with Windwaker".

If its true the game is nearly complete and yet we still havent been shown gameplay then I have my worries they are going out of their way to hide it.

FerDS

its been 2 years and we still dont really know what this game is outside of "It looks a bit like Ico crossed with Windwaker".

If its true the game is nearly complete and yet we still havent been shown gameplay then I have my worries they are going out of their way to hide it.

The last trailer had gameplay. And we definetly know a bit more about the game than that. I agree they haven't show much of the game, though

Edit: and I might be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure Raul has said their inspiration isn't team ico, which I found strange, because well...

Doesn't necessarily imply anything, but I do get the vibe that they're under pressure, both from the publisher side of deadlines and internal side of getting the game to be good. (we haven't ever seen gameplay yet)

yOXrFkO.jpg

ExdJZGQ.jpg

I'm pretty sure that second one is just saying "we're in the trenches of development".

UrbanRats

You go around an island and solve puzzles, likely unlocking new areas as you solve them.
I don't know, it's not that hard to imagine.

I'm pretty sure that second one is just saying "we're in the trenches of development".

That's one way of putting a spin on it.

Comparing the publisher (Sony) to Stephen Fry's character in Blackadder Goes Forth is not complementary. The character of the general that Fry played was a pompous and incompetent dolt, who sent countless men to die.

If I was the Sony manager dealing with them, and I had been characterized as such by one of the studio founders, I'd be pissed off. Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't pull their support back when that post was made.

EDIT: Sorry for the bump. Meant to post this in the other thread.

Where is the feedback you are referencing that says Rime wasn't fun? I would love to see it, especially since I haven't seen any hands on impressions myself...Thanks..

CHC

Did we need this bump? There's a whole thread going right now about the studio's issues and struggles....

Top Bottom