• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Nooreo

Can any one share a beta code with me?! i hear you can give it to two other people

Ive always wanted to try out socom but i dont wanna waste 40$ on something i have never tried, but the beta well ill treat it like a demo so if any one can share i will love them forever - nooreo

GQman2121

Banned
I input my voucher code in the beta site last night and it told me my number has already been redeemed. What a crock of shit. I think I’m fucked……..

GQman2121 said:
I input my voucher code in the beta site last night and it told me my number has already been redeemed. What a crock of shit. I think I’m fucked……..

it doesn't start until the 1st of September I believe.

____

GQman2121 said:

Nah, you're good.

Mine says that too, but supposedly, when the time comes to download, you're going to get a "download key" sent to your email which will allow you to enter that into your Acct Management and allow you to download the beta from the PS Store.

So basically, the code on the pre-order card wasn't the actual "download code", but the reservation to receive one.

I would guess they'll probably send out the e-mails early Monday.

____

J-Rzez said:
Yep, I just read that you'll be get the email on Monday, and be able to download it then. Just shy of 2GB file.

Cool. Hopefully they don't fudge up and have any kind of errors.

At least not with MY email :lol

HoTHiTTeR

So... I have a beta code through EB/GS; that's good for me and 2 friends. I also have Qore. Is Qore now useless, or can I invite more friends via the Qore invite.

xero273

Wollan said:
When can full year Qore subscribers (including episode 1) expect to start downloading this game?

http://socom.us.playstation.com/post/2008/08/Public-Beta-info-no-really!.aspx

It just says Qore, but the faqs on the board say

What if I am a QORE subscriber?

You get in by purchasing either just the June Edition or the full-year subscription to QORE. You get in one week later than the GameStop pre-order program. More details to follow soon.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=confrontation&thread.id=239482

So I think Qore subscribers and people that purchase the June issue get it on Sept 8

Master Z

My EB (Canada) still hasn't gotten the codes yet. They said they were suppossed to come in on the 25th but still nothing. Man, WTF is Sony doing?! This is SOCOM, not some random game.... you don't fuck around when it comes to SOCOM man! :( A bunch of my friends and I are so hyped to finally fucking play this and they go and fuck shit up. What do I do? Call Sony and demand my code? EB says they can't do shit it's all on Sony. :(

J-Rzez

Master Z said:
My EB (Canada) still hasn't gotten the codes yet. They said they were suppossed to come in on the 25th but still nothing. Man, WTF is Sony doing?! This is SOCOM, not some random game.... you don't fuck around when it comes to SOCOM man! :( A bunch of my friends and I are so hyped to finally fucking play this and they go and fuck shit up. What do I do? Call Sony and demand my code? EB says they can't do shit it's all on Sony. :(

Sure, I'd call them up and complain about false advertising.

Master Z

dralla said:
Call Sony and demand a code huh, you do it's only a beta, not the full release. Sony isn't going to do shit

Now EB called me and told me that for some unknown reason the entire beta code shipment for Canada got stopped at the border and they won't be in until Tues at the earliest lol.

ravien56

Master Z said:
Now EB called me and told me that for some unknown reason the entire beta code shipment for Canada got stopped at the border and they won't be in until Tues at the earliest lol.
fuck off>_<

30hvghu.jpg

1. what the hell is that?

2. cant wait for beta

calder

I don't think there's a difference between subscribers and single eps purcharsers for Qore.

the new launch date for the Public Beta is now Friday, September 5th (QORE members will start the following Friday, September 12).

The other good news is that we are not cutting down the length of the Public Beta one bit. It will still run for a full month - from 9/5 to 10/5 - so you and your clanmates can still practice as long as you want and then be ready to go for the full game later in October.

GQman2121

Banned
The comments on the blog are fucking hilarious. "Delayed five days? Fuck you guys you've ruined Socom!" :lol

Also, it mentions that if you are getting in with Qore the beta starts the following Friday the 12th.

Greg

Finally got around to pre-ordering the game because shit has been so hectic the past few weeks.

I put the 5 bucks down and got the voucher, but I just noticed it said on the bottom "Must be redeemed by 9/23/08."

I went to the publicbeta.socom.com and everything seemed to work fine when I entered my code... now I'm just curious if the 'deadline' for redeeming the code was extended due to delay, or am I still fucked even though it said I wasn't? :lol

Greg said:
Finally got around to pre-ordering the game because shit has been so hectic the past few weeks.

I put the 5 bucks down and got the voucher, but I just noticed it said on the bottom "Must be redeemed by 9/23/08."

I went to the publicbeta.socom.com and everything seemed to work fine when I entered my code... now I'm just curious if the 'deadline' for redeeming the code was extended due to delay, or am I still fucked even though it said I wasn't? :lol

Are you from the future?

Arnie

It's a shame us UK folk have no chance of getting into the beta, I was really looking forward to trying this one out. It would be my first online Socom, as I never had my PS2 online. With all the games coming out this fall, i don't think i can justify spending full price on something i have never tried. Sony and S6 should release a free demo about a week before launch. If not, I amy have to pick this up next year sometime.

dork

Banned
i hope they delay it another week

my ps3 broke and i don't want to miss out :(

Ill get some spare keys though (dont pm me asking)

Arnie

dork said:
i hope they delay it another week

my ps3 broke and i don't want to miss out :(

Ill get some spare keys though (dont pm me asking)
I could do with one, i won't PM you, but I really would pre-order for a key if that option was available in the UK.

n1n9tean

Banned
pooleeeeze, let me have a key. I need good times too. The blues has got me! :(

I need some Socom in my life. For serious. :D

EDIT:

Nobody likes me. :'(

J-Rzez

Doel said:

Very upsetting, especially to those hardcores that actually took pdays, vacation time, whatever to enjoy this beta day one.

:(

Oh well, hope whatever was the killer issue of it, they fix it. But if it was just because the mess up of the beta codes in Canada, that kinda sucks. Just release it day as planned, apologize to the Canadian fans, and keep it extended I say.

I just want me some SOCOM love, 4 days sooner as planned lol.

Top Bottom