• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

andycapps

I can't wait to actually get into the beta for this that I got by purchasing the Qore episode from a few months ago. Bad idea to be able to get into a beta when that won't be for several months. Still interested, just irritated that I bought something months ago with the impression that I'd be able to get into the beta shortly after buying it.

I was watching the latest PSN trailer and I was disturbed at how bad the frame rate was and the screen tearing

not things you would usually see in a trailer

mr stroke

dralla said:
Tons of new screens at the bottom
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/SOCOM_PS3_Cover_Art_Confirms_Wireless_Headset_New_Screens/3410

There are 7 maps in the game...so far we know of Frostfire, Desert Glory, Crossroads, Kasbah, Quarantine, and Urban Wasteland..have they showed the other 2 yet?

man this game looks like ass when those shots are blown up-
123.jpg

Ill reserve final judgement until this friday but this game looks all over the place in terms of graphics, some shots look really good and others look soft as a babies butt :(
I know Socom was never about graphics but I hope the final build comes out with a little more polish(graphics, as I am sure it will play sweet)

oneHeero

When requesting the beta code, I sent it to a email that I hadnt created yet(I've since made the email) I'm guessing I'll never receive that email right? And I'm fucked in terms of my code.

J-Rzez

Nobody received their final "beta key/code" yet. If you ordered through GS/EB, they should have had a card you scratched off and got the code from to enter in on a website. They're emailing the "real key" on Friday. Hopefully at 12:01am :D

Those vids look awesome, and just ooze SOCOM goodness. I can not wait to break out the old SR-25 :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
J-Rzez said:
Nobody received their final "beta key/code" yet. If you ordered through GS/EB, they should have had a card you scratched off and got the code from to enter in on a website. They're emailing the "real key" on Friday. Hopefully at 12:01am :D

Those vids look awesome, and just ooze SOCOM goodness. I can not wait to break out the old SR-25 :D
Thanks J-Rzez, i was starting to get worried. lol

J-Rzez

Bad_Boy said:
Thanks J-Rzez, i was starting to get worried. lol

Heh, I'd be worried too. Especially after seeing those vids and how awesome it is to have SOCOM on a new machine. SOCOM really is a unique gameplay type and experience, probably my fav at that. I'm busting through my zipper more and more the closer it gets to Friday. :D

calder

Visually, all I was hoping for from Confrontation was decent-to-good visuals but a solid framerate throughout because let's face it, SOCOM has never been the prettiest girl at the dance. Some of these screens are sadly sub-decent to put it mildly... oh well at least the PAX footage we've seen looks smooth. :lol

Animation looks a bit better overall, thank god. Some of the current PSN trailers had run/movement animations that would have looked weak last gen.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
What's the main draw of SOCOM, what makes it unique? The fact that it's realistic?

I don't have much experience with this game but now I might pick it up for the mic.

mr_nothin

Banned
sykoex said:
What's the main draw of SOCOM, what makes it unique? The fact that it's realistic?

I don't have much experience with this game but now I might pick it up for the mic.
It's tactical...it's about teamplay.
It's not all run and gun.
Having that on console is not a common thing.

Its like a counterstrike/mgo half way house. (in a way)

Acid08

Banned
Wait, so we're supposed to get our beta codes like right when it becomes friday? That means I'll have a full day of Socom before I have to go back to work :D .

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
HALP me guiez.

I played and loved the first SOCOM but never ended up playing the others (I did try the PSP game when I had one). I have only recently started paying attention to this one. I have a few questions that I need cleared up first.

1 - Is this a download only game or is it coming on a retail disc too?
2 - Is it essentially a Warhawk type multilayer or is there a single player campaign?
3 - If it still has singleplayer... Are voice commands still in?

JBuccCP

Router said:
1 - Is this a download only game or is it coming on a retail disc too?
2 - Is it essentially a Warhawk type multilayer or is there a single player campaign?
3 - If it still has singleplayer... Are voice commands still in?
1. Both
2. No Singleplayer
3. You can try giving your teammates commands online. I doubt they'll listen though when you start screaming "MOVE TO CROSSHAIR" into the mic.

Smidget

I preordered online, but ship to a local shop, I figured I'd give them a call tomorrow and see what's up about the code.

PowderedToast

I wonder how big the demand will be for the beta tomorrow, considering it's only the UK and this isn't a mega popular franchise. Hopefully I get in :/

Slaylock

I'm actually thinking of picking this up, not because I have any interest in SOCOM (I never played any of the previous versions), but just for the headset.

However, I figure I might as well preorder and give the beta a try. If I like the beta, I'll go ahead and keep the game.

A couple of questions:

1. Are they still giving beta codes with preorders?
2. Given the hardcore nature of the game and the large existing fanbase, will it be pretty much impossible for a noob to stand a chance in the game?

xero273

Slaylock said:
I'm actually thinking of picking this up, not because I have any interest in SOCOM (I never played any of the previous versions), but just for the headset.

However, I figure I might as well preorder and give the beta a try. If I like the beta, I'll go ahead and keep the game.

A couple of questions:

1. Are they still giving beta codes with preorders?
2. Given the hardcore nature of the game and the large existing fanbase, will it be pretty much impossible for a noob to stand a chance in the game?

If the store still has vouchers left. I remember reading once a store runs out of BETA vouchers that is it. So I would call your game store up and see if they have anymore vouchers.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
damn i can't wait for this next week (qore), I'm purchasing regardless, just gamestops near me are out of beta codes.

Reave

Damn, and all I have is the Qore beta code, which I hear doesn't start for us until the 12th. Am I too late in asking if anyone has any em, spare codes?

Nakazato

Reznor said:
Damn, and all I have is the Qore beta code, which I hear doesn't start for us until the 12th. Am I too late in asking if anyone has any em, spare codes?
When I get mine you can have one

Slaylock

For those without a beta code, I was able to pick up one today for my preorder from Gamestop, so it's probably worth calling around.

Arsenic

Slaylock said:
For those without a beta code, I was able to pick up one today for my preorder from Gamestop, so it's probably worth calling around.
I check a few gamestops around my area (NYC) and none of them. of course thats doesnt mean every store, but im getting tired. might just wait until next week :(

J-Rzez

Nakazato said:
Any one in US got their Pre-order codes yet ??
its been 2 weeks for me and still nothing has come to my mail

Like I said above. Emails will be sent out by S6 on Friday (Tomorrow) in which the game will then be available to DL and play.

Kittonwy said:
I think the game in general even from the GT footage looks smooth.

I agree. I was skeptical at first being a hardcore SOCOM fan, but those last vids from PAX really put my doubts to rest. The game looks like it plays awesome. I can't wait for tomorrow, hopefully it's at midnight tonight, or we get the codes a little early.

We'll all have to party up.

Kittonwy

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Like I said above. Emails will be sent out by S6 on Friday (Tomorrow) in which the game will then be available to DL and play.

I agree. I was skeptical at first being a hardcore SOCOM fan, but those last vids from PAX really put my doubts to rest. The game looks like it plays awesome. I can't wait for tomorrow, hopefully it's at midnight tonight, or we get the codes a little early.

We'll all have to party up.

GB!
angry.gif

Guled

my eb games still didn't get the codes :(, if its not 2 much trouble can some1 share there code with me when they get the email tom :D (you can use the code on 3 systems)

Top Bottom