• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solforge Rise of the Forgeborn (PC/iOS) |OT|

la_briola

Set 5 is live, with 48 new cards and the beginning of the campaign. The campaign has 6 missions, mostly aimed at beginners, but with rewards when you finish each. There will also be released 2 more missions in mid-March, and I'm sure there will be more later.

Patch notes here: solforgegame.com/PatchNotes/

That's nice, but they still haven't updated their UI... :/

Brakara

That's nice, but they still haven't updated their UI... :/

They're working on a new UI (announced last Fall), but redoing everything obviously takes some time, especially when they have to maintain and implement new features in the existing client (not to mention while supporting 3 platforms).

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
They're working on a new UI (announced last Fall), but redoing everything obviously takes some time, especially when they have to maintain and implement new features in the existing client (not to mention while supporting 3 platforms).

It's also very much a company founded on games design, with programming and business resources being the bare absolute minimum.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's also very much a company founded on games design, with programming and business resources being the bare absolute minimum.

Well before Solforge they were purely a physical games maker and outsourced their digital stuff to other companies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Can someone tell me how Armor isn't a stupid ass fucking ability?

EDIT: The cards you start with being so laughably unplayably bad compared to what anyone else online has doesn't make me want to spend money on the game, it just makes me want to stop playing every time I boot the game up again

This week campaign event is nice, the reward is great.

Anyone likes to play for fun using uncompetitive decks?

My in game name is Devenir A.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Can someone tell me how Armor isn't a stupid ass fucking ability?

EDIT: The cards you start with being so laughably unplayably bad compared to what anyone else online has doesn't make me want to spend money on the game, it just makes me want to stop playing every time I boot the game up again

Draft and Campaign are the answer, honestly.

Brakara

Any specific cards you want? I've offered to share cards (for free) previously in this thread, and that offer still stands (though I have more of the older cards than from the latest sets).

Anyone likes to play for fun using uncompetitive decks?

Do you mean unheroic or unlegendary? Just send me an untimed challenge and a note of what kind of deck you're using, and I'll happily accept. Also, anybody else in your position should also check out solforgeladder.com where you can play timed matches against others with limited decks as well.

hat_hair

That new mission (which I assume is for April 1st) is bonkers.
Even cheesing it took me about 4 tries.
For reference, this is what I ended up using.

3 Aquatic Embrace
3 Citadel Guard
3 Energy Prison
3 Energy Surge
3 Glacial Crush
3 Metatransfer
3 Stasis Warden
3 Turnabout
3 War Merchant
3 Warmonger Mod

Brakara

Some exciting news in the latest community update:

- The full release is scheduled for this Fall (no more beta/early access)
- This comes with a new client with a new UI, built with Unity

SolForge_StoreV2-300x187.jpg

Brakara

Jesus, 11 months after set 6. No wonder I stopped playing awhile ago.

Looking forward to checking out the new client though.

Top Bottom