• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

jimmypython

....man I was not paying attention in 12.

Would be interesting to explore if there were a FFXII-2....

0ohc.jpg

"Wasted Potentials!" should be the tagline on every single FF games posters, boxes and commercials

This would be a nice addition, actually. Something they could theoretically add in future updates.

Basically, when you camp or stay at a motel, the doggy Umbra shows up and delivers a message to you from Luna. She can include pictures, and you can choose responses (maybe on a paragraph-by-paragraph basis) and include pictures yourself. Your responses and included pics could net you EXP, AP, etc. But most importantly, it would be building the bond between Luna and Noctis (and in turn Luna and the Player). Similar to the end-of-day emails between Olimar and his family in Pikmin 2.

I'd really like this. Especially if the letters are voiced by Luna as you read them. Maybe even cut to a scene of Luna writing the letters as the letters are read. Good way to squeeze in extra emotion.

This seems a lot more achievable especially if they don't go for extra voice work. Would be nice though and I'm sure the Luna VA would appreciate it

Lol, this thread.

Please give me proof this dude is telling the truth. Because I could have posted the exact same shit on 4chan and said "guys, I used to work for SE. Here's a bunch of stuff I'm claiming was cut."

I remember when Verendus completed FFXV early and gave his review, and.....oh. Right.

Reposting something I said last night, because I think it's important. Let's pretend for the sake of argument this is all true, k? Spoiler: every single game ever developed looks much different from conception to execution. This doesn't mean it was a disastrous mess, it means it was a videogame in development. Hell, Tess was originally intended to be the main antagonist of TLOU. She was going to track your across the country, kidnap Joel, and torture him at the end. There's concept art out there for it.

bigol

Yep. Versus was supposed to be the most deep and accurate representation of FNC as the scenario writer was Nojima himself who came up with the FNC mytho.

Why not Nomura? He had never directed a FF game before. FF7r will be his first one.

Well, i don't think he is good enough for a true return to the best FFs. Besides he is already working on Kingdom Hearts 3. About FF VIIR i hope he won't add unnecessary details. FF VII is already good enough. I was talking about FF XVI when i asked who could be the man to be director.

Lol, this thread.

Please give me proof this dude is telling the truth. Because I could have posted the exact same shit on 4chan and said "guys, I used to work for SE. Here's a bunch of stuff I'm claiming was cut."

I remember when Verendus completed FFXV early and gave his review, and.....oh. Right.

Reposting something I said last night, because I think it's important. Let's pretend for the sake of argument this is all true, k? Spoiler: every single game ever developed looks much different from conception to execution. This doesn't mean it was a disastrous mess, it means it was a videogame in development. Hell, Tess was originally intended to be the main antagonist of TLOU. She was going to track your across the country, kidnap Joel, and torture him at the end. There's concept art out there for it.
This.

I think this thread has served its purpose unless the leaker is confirmed to be legit, we shouldn't feed more of his BS.

It was all good fun until the guy started posting more info and the deeper he goes, the more it sounds like he is simply stating obvious stuff that was seen in the trailers. I am not sure he is legitimate and we have such a large thread discussing his rumor now.

Kyoufu

Jokes aside, it's pretty weird that she doesn't have a phone given that everyone else is on modern style smartphones all the time!

After watching Kingsglaive I was under the impression that they wouldn't allow her to have a phone. She was under house arrest and practically a prisoner of empire-controlled Tenebrae.

jimmypython

Well, i don't think he is good enough for a true return to the best FFs. Besides he is already working on Kingdom Hearts 3. About FF VIIR i hope he won't add unnecessary details. FF VII is already good enough. I was talking about FF XVI when i asked who could be the man to be director.

Im actually with you on this one. Nomura's style has always been too flashy and J-popy for me.

That's why I preferred Ito, Matsuno etc (I believe it was dev division 4) back in the days. But I also didn't have doubts that the dev division 1 people (Kitase, Nomura etc) could make a good FF game those days.

It never hurts to let Nomura do at least one mainline FF title tho, especially single player FF games have been in Toriyama etc's hands nowadays.

they knew how to release complete games before XI
yep i should have added post 11....

Gorillaz

They already stated some things are changing. Don't expect a 1:1 from OG.

jiggle

After watching Kingsglaive I was under the impression that they wouldn't allow her to have a phone. She was under house arrest and practically a prisoner of empire-controlled Tenebrae.

They've been communicating through the Paws Office since children though
no?

Kyoufu

Communication via secret letters further proves my observation, really. The only way she could stay in touch with Noct was through her dog relaying letters back and forth.

Socivol

This.

I think this thread has served its purpose unless the leaker is confirmed to be legit, we shouldn't feed more of his BS.

It was all good fun until the guy started posting more info and the deeper he goes, the more it sounds like he is simply stating obvious stuff that was seen in the trailers. I am not sure he is legitimate and we have such a large thread discussing his rumor now.
Agreed almost everything that was cut from the game is stuff that we heard or already knew about. Some of what he says is actually contradicted on the actual game (ex. He said Shiva statue but it was actually her corpse)

Because a lot of people are outright believing everything he is saying now.

It is becoming another Verendus level of disaster and he seems to be enjoying it as well.

Oh yeah, he's loving it.

Like, this is an ENTIRE THREAD OF PEOPLE just drinking this shit down without knowing what's in the bottle. And it's probably piss.

I have multiple bridges I'd like to sell to everyone here.

Squire

Banned
no?

I assume she was discreet enough about that the empire didn't pick up on it. If Ravus knew, he wouldn't have said anything.

These are assumptions though. The game has her and Noct doing it, but implies nothing about the logistics.

PowderedToast

This.

the fact he forgot about the dawn trailer is pretty fishy as well. none of it remained in the game so surely that would be remembered.

Agreed almost everything that was cut from the game is stuff that we heard or already knew about. Some of what he says is actually contradicted on the actual game (ex. He said Shiva statue but it was actually her corpse)
I mean the Luna abuse stuff was in the damn Dawn trailer. He said she was abused by others but in what way? lol

When he talked about the abuse, the only example he listed was of the general and that was already in the Dawn trailer.

He says that they cut this part in the final game but someone tell me, how does this particular 'abuse' part being in the Dawn trailer gives SE any freehand from the criticism. I honestly never saw anyone criticizing it so where did Tabata hear about this fear of 'criticism'.

Kyoufu

the fact he forgot about the dawn trailer is pretty fishy as well. none of it remained in the game so surely that would be remembered.

To be fair, I put 71 hours into the game across 5 days and I have no idea who Jared is, so I think I can forgive someone for forgetting a trailer that's a year old.

Socivol

I mean the Luna abuse stuff was in the damn Dawn trailer. He said she was abused by others but in what way? lol

When he talked about the abuse, the only example he listed was of the general and that was already in the Dawn trailer.

He says that they cut this part in the final game but someone tell me, how does this particular 'abuse' part being in the Dawn trailer gives SE any freehand from the criticism. I honestly never saw anyone criticizing it so where did Tabata hear about this fear of 'criticism'.

Exactly all of the examples are really obvious things that we have seen or heard. He originally said he didn't know about Versus then gives a huge spiel on what Versus was supposed to be about.

They could have developed them as a long distance relationship. Call at camps, send Prompto's pictures. She could have sent pictures from Altissia. Build up the character and the meeting so when they finally do and she... you know, the average human being and not just the most empathetic super stan might have felt something.

That's a really good idea. I know a lot of people would send poor Luna pictures of Cindy's... assets... but it would have created an interaction between Luna and the player regardless.

Look at this part.

First the game borrowed the systems from those games but then it evolved into something similar. There was a wheel and you could choose what weapon do you wanted to use or select more than one weapon at the time.

There was a Weapon Wheel in the E3 2013 gameplay trailer. Dude is just drinking his kool aid now and posting BS.

Honestly after what happened with Verendus, I am just tried of these so called Insiders that try to take info that is already out in the open and mix it with ambiguous statements that make enough sense but are likely not even true.

Exactly all of the examples are really obvious things that we have seen or heard. He originally said he didn't know about Versus then gives a huge spiel on what Versus was supposed to be about.
Add to this the fact that unless he is a 'senior' level designer or someone in the 'senior' position, there is a fat chance that he saw almost everything behind the scene.

What the hell is going on with the OP now? The quote is just a guy rambling a lot of things with no rhyme or reason. Did the questions get deleted that prompted the answers, because that OP is confusing.

Squire

Banned
We should just lock all threads that don't say completely nice things about XV. It's an awesome and flawless game obviously. The haters should just deal with it.

Ydelnae

Look at this part.

There was a Weapon Wheel in the E3 2013 gameplay trailer. Dude is just drinking his cool aid now and posting BS.

So the fact that he posted information that was shown in prototype trailers makes him less legit than before?

Like I doubt any of this is real but I don't understand your post.

We should just lock all threads that don't say completely nice things about XV. It's an awesome and flawless game obviously. The haters should just deal with it.

Has nothing to do with liking or disliking it. Has everything to do with this being false/unable to be proven true. There are plenty of threads you can go to hate it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
To be fair, I put 71 hours into the game across 5 days and I have no idea who Jared is
What the fuck

After all he did

So the fact that he posted information that was shown in prototype trailers makes him less legit than before?

Like I doubt any of this is real but I don't understand your post.
Read his latest posts where he has no idea what he is even talking about at all.

I was told that the characters got transported to another dimension (the after life, filled with ghosts), but that noctis wasn't able to recover from that and that he ended up sleeping/in a coma, with the female protagonist protecting him for eternity

in the original script the Lucis family had built all their power from making sacrifices to the crystal or something like that.
The first paragraph is essentially talking about the ending of XV even if he says it is for Versus. The afterlife is also in the ending.

The second paragraph is just a bunch of BS because the original vision had Lucis portrayed as a Yakuza style royal family and the part about making sacrifices doesn't fit with the whole Ardyn as a villain.

Then we have this comment

The only thing I know about Ravus in the original script is that he had to cover his face because him being the heroine's brother was a plot point and that he wanted to kill Noctis for having killed his sister.

That talks about Ravus covering his head which was like in every FFVXIII trailer, even in the E3 2013 one.

The more he is posting, the more his BS is clearing out.

Squire

Banned
Has nothing to do with liking or disliking it. Has everything to do with this being false/unable to be proven true. There are plenty of threads you can go to hate it.

It can't be proven false and a good chunk of it is plausible and worth discussing.

It's a discussion thread and the sources are clearly marked. If a few people come in and just believe 4chan, that's too bad for them and quite honestly too bad for SE, too. We don't need to halt discussion because of it.

Ishida

Banned
Look at this part.

There was a Weapon Wheel in the E3 2013 gameplay trailer. Dude is just drinking his kool aid now and posting BS.

Honestly after what happened with Verendus, I am just tried of these so called Insiders that try to take info that is already out in the open and mix it with ambiguous statements that make enough sense but are likely not even true.

Add to this the fact that unless he is a 'senior' level designer or someone in the 'senior' position, there is a fat chance that he saw almost everything behind the scene.

B-b-but Stella was a ghost! She is dressed in white in the party at Insomnia!

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

The guy must be glad SE can't convincingly refute these even if he's lying
They don't need to refute anything that already smells like a bunch of made up crap.

Best case here, just wait for the first story update and story DLC then we can sit and laugh at some of the reactions here (myself included).

B-b-but Stella was a ghost! She is dressed in white in the party at Insomnia!

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.
Eyes that see the light of expiring leaks

I don't really believe it. The OP comes and then goes giving red flags that he is pretending to be an SE dev.
The funny thing is that he isn't even a permanent SE dev as he claims his contract ran out.

Do you honestly think this guy, who was hired on contract, knows the whole history of what was planned for Versus XIII when he seems to be on 'contract' which could mean someone who was hired like a few months before game to finish it to deadline. He is not someone who was an integral part of the FFXV dev team from start to end to know the history.

If this is not a red flag, then I don't know what is.

Ydelnae

Y'all kept posting the same Verendus 'leak' lists in every Sony Conference/JRPG announcement/Final Fantasy thread for two years and when a random guy from 4chan gets his own thread it stops being fun to discuss likely to be false rumors

KmfrI82.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Would be interesting to explore if there were a FFXII-2....

"Wasted Potentials!" should be the tagline on every single FF games posters, boxes and commercials
There was.

Final_Fantasy_XII_-_Revenant_Wings_Coverart.png

And then

header_234_final_fantasy_tactics_advance_2.jpg

Revenant Wings isn't a particularly amazing game but it fleshed out the parts of XII's lore the original only glosses over pretty well.

I'm not sure I believe this, but the people disputing it seem to be pulling more BS out of their ass than the actual guy they're trying to disprove. Move on, grumps.

AwShucks

They don't need to refute anything that already smells like a bunch of made up crap.

Best case here, just wait for the first story update and story DLC then we can sit and laugh at some of the reactions here (myself included).

Eyes that see the light of expiring leaks

The funny thing is that he isn't even a permanent SE dev as he claims his contract ran out.

Do you honestly think this guy, who was hired on contract, knows the whole history of what was planned for Versus XIII when he seems to be on 'contract' which could mean someone who was hired like a few months before game to finish it to deadline. He is not someone who was an integral part of the FFXV dev team from start to end to know the history.

I'm not saying I believe him but do you even realize he's not claiming to know the whole history of Versus XIII? Actually a number of things he says he doesn't know which would fit with your point about him being a contract worker.

I'm not sure I believe this, but the people disputing it seem to be pulling more BS out of their ass than the actual guy they're trying to disprove. Move on, grumps.

Yeah I don't get what their deal is. Who cares if somebody believes what this guy is saying?

Y'all kept posting the same Verendus 'leak' lists in every Sony Conference/JRPG announcement/Final Fantasy thread for two years and when a random guy from 4chan gets his own thread it stops being fun to discuss likely to be false rumors

KmfrI82.png
Verendus was banned though

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What BS did I pull out of my ass?

Weapon changing with wheel is in this E3 2013 trailer

Yeah I don't get what their deal is. Who cares if somebody believes what this guy is saying?
Because now these leaks are now somehow 'verified' enough that they are being used to make claims about story and development when no one knows what is the actual truth behind it.

It's really not a red flag. I can't tell one way or the other if this "leak" is true or not, but contractors working on games (or even outside of games) often get access to a lot of stuff, either because it's necessary to understand the context of a project or just through general hearsay working with full time team members. Hell, contractors often do full on development work, sometimes over years.

If you're looking for a smoking gun, that is not it.

Top Bottom