• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

jiggle

What I simply don't understand is how these allegedly so controversial scenes for Luna left early concept stages and were even greenlightes and rendered for the final game, before anyone though "the players aren't going to like this".

If the stuff about them changing their minds about Luna after the fans got to watch Kingsglaive (which was in September lol), they just messed up big time. No one thought that these scenes didn't fit what they had been marketing all these months?

it's before that
they changed kingsglaive too

Ydelnae

If that was going to be the ending then forget it. Would not have wanted that at all (my opinion guys calm down).

Even though Tabata made mistakes I still would not want the series to go to Nomura. We need someone new.

Is it that different from the ending we got? Noctis dies fighting the final battle and the final scene is in the after life, with Noctis going to sleep in the throne.

The only thing that seems to change is that Stella would have protected Noctis while he was sleeping (since apparently the afterlife in Versus was a hostile place) and Luna just sleeps with him.

I mean I know I guy who named themselves a certain name from a series before it finished and he was angry/devastated when the surprise plot line with the guy got brought up.

Surprise Incest
Yikes. I have a sneaking suspicion but could you let me know what the title was???

Pygrus

I have to be honest, it really sounds like you're trying to cover for the devs lack of time to cover the plot holes.

Comparing Final fantasy to Souls games as far as story telling sounds completely outrageous.

Why are you doing this?

Wut? Did you not read my previous posts?

They had to cut content, it sucks, but shit happens.

So a good director is going to have to think of a way to convey a story, but without making expensive and time consuming cut scenes.

So they added story telling mechanisms that are similar to dark souls.

Have you even played FFXV to see what I am talking about?

The first one was already confirmed by Roberto Ferrari he confirmed he designed Iris but she didn't have a name when he made her.

And Aranea started out as a random boss battle, lol... I guess at some point in development they realized they were lacking female representation in the game and just decided to awkwardly increase the roles of Gladio's sister and random Dragoon boss...

What I simply don't understand is how these allegedly so controversial scenes for Luna left early concept stages and were even greenlightes and rendered for the final game, before anyone though "the players aren't going to like this".

If the stuff about them changing their minds about Luna after the fans got to watch Kingsglaive (which was in September lol), they just messed up big time. No one thought that these scenes didn't fit what they had been marketing all these months?

I think, if these leaks are true, it feels like they misinterpreted the complaints people had with Luna's portrayal in the early marketing. Ironically, it feels like Luna could have been a much stronger and more interesting character if this stuff had been left in the game (and had been well written, which let's face it, is probably unlikely). It doesn't help that there really aren't any other women in lead roles in the game to offset the lead being so put-upon.

The trouble is, they were clearly between a rock and a hard place: a female lead whose life is one big tragedy, or a female lead who barely exists? They chose the latter, which ultimately just boiled her character down to her most tiresome aspects and relegated her to essentially appearing just long enough to get fridged for Noctis.

Is it that different from the ending we got? Noctis dies fighting the final battle and the final scene is in the after life, with Noctis going to sleep in the throne.

The only thing that seems to change is that Stella would have protected Noctis while he was sleeping (since apparently the afterlife in Versus was a hostile place) and Luna just sleeps with him.
I didn't like how Noctis died in XV either. I would have preferred both him and Luna surviving buy I just like happy endings too much. Heck when I found out that Luna died by reading the spoiler thread practically all of my hype for the game flew out the window. I remember PshycoNinja trying to convince me to still play the game and to just move on with the death haha. So I'll still play it.
They should have at least given Luna a phone so she could sext with Noctis
Hmm....never thought of that....

They should have at least given Luna a phone so she could sext with Noctis
Noctis was too shy for sext.

I didn't like how Noctis died in XV either. I would have preferred both him and Luna surviving buy I just like happy endings too much. Heck when I found out that Luna died by reading the spoiler thread practically all of my hype for the game flew out the window. I remember PshycoNinja trying to convince me to still play the game and to just move on with the death haha. So I'll still play it.

Hmm....never thought of that....
Dude.... did you miss out all the pre-release media? Because it was pretty clear in all the media that Luna was going to die/sacrificed/killed. It just wasn't clear how it would occur in the actual game and I never thought she would die as soon as we reach Altissia.

Roxkis_ii

Wut? Did you not read my previous posts?

They had to cut content, it sucks, but shit happens.

So a good director is going to have to think of a way to convey a story, but without making expensive and time consuming cut scenes.

So they added story telling mechanisms that are similar to dark souls.

Have you even played FFXV to see what I am talking about?

Okay, so why is SE dropping a patch add story elements then?

From software never had to drop a patch to add cutscenes or flesh out characters.

jimmypython

More I hear of Versus it's totally a more FNC title than I was expecting.

Yep. Versus was supposed to be the most deep and accurate representation of FNC as the scenario writer was Nojima himself who came up with the FNC mytho.

I would like next time they will give FF development not to Tabata or Nomura, but someone who knows what made FF great.

Who else is in Square Enix right now that could direct a new Final Fantasy?

Why not Nomura? He had never directed a FF game before. FF7r will be his first one.

Ray Down

Banned
Yep. Versus was supposed to be the most deep and accurate representation of FNC as the scenario writer was Nojima himself who came up with the FNC mytho.

Why not Nomura? He had never directed a FF game before. FF7r will be his first one.

There still time to remove him!

At least with the other parts, Nojima takes over.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
More I hear of Versus it's totally a more FNC title than I was expecting.

Its just good advice in general not to name yourself after a character from a series/story that hasn't finished or released.

I mean I know I guy who named themselves a certain name from a series before it finished and he was angry/devastated when the surprise plot line with the guy got brought up.

Surprise Incest

Nojima created FNC. Versus was supposed to be his ultimate take on it.

Ran rp

and see his invisible muscles?
Final-Fantasy-15-OMEN.jpg

Jokes aside, it's pretty weird that she doesn't have a phone given that everyone else is on modern style smartphones all the time!

They could have developed them as a long distance relationship. Call at camps, send Prompto's pictures. She could have sent pictures from Altissia. Build up the character and the meeting so when they finally do and she... you know, the average human being and not just the most empathetic super stan might have felt something.

Okay so, I wanna get into FFXV but my options are limited as in its gotta be on PS4. So I think I'm going to grab X/X2 HD since that's the only other FF I've ever touched and then FF7r. Any other recommendations?

Neiteio

They could have developed them as a long distance relationship. Call at camps, send Prompto's pictures. She could have sent pictures from Altissia. Build up the character and the meeting so when they finally do and she... you know, the average human being and not just the most empathetic super stan might have felt something.
This would be a nice addition, actually. Something they could theoretically add in future updates.

Basically, when you camp or stay at a motel, the doggy Umbra shows up and delivers a message to you from Luna. She can include pictures, and you can choose responses (maybe on a paragraph-by-paragraph basis) and include pictures yourself. Your responses and included pics could net you EXP, AP, etc. But most importantly, it would be building the bond between Luna and Noctis (and in turn Luna and the Player). Similar to the end-of-day emails between Olimar and his family in Pikmin 2.

I'd really like this. Especially if the letters are voiced by Luna as you read them. Maybe even cut to a scene of Luna writing the letters as the letters are read. Good way to squeeze in extra emotion.

My opinion is that Tabata, Yoshi-P, and Ito should be rotating between mainline series. They should all have their own team working on the games at the same time, putting out new mainline entries every 2-3 years. We cannot have another 7 year gap between single player mainline games, thats not acceptable.

This would be a nice addition, actually. Something they could theoretically add in future updates. Essentially, when you camp (or even when you're at a motel), the doggy Umbra could show up and deliver a message to you from Luna. She could include pictures, and you could choose responses (maybe on a paragraph-by-paragraph basis) and include pictures yourself. Your responses and included pics could net you EXP, AP, etc. But most importantly, it would be building the bond between Luna and Noctis (and in turn Luna and the Player).
I like this a lot, especially as someone that's had experience with that. Would make it my all time favorite game provided the rest of the story is fixed too.

jimmypython

FNC can just be summed up as Gods are shit heels.

Man i was so into FNC back in the days.

I liked XIII's take on gods being essentially robots powered by crystals and Type-0's take on l'Cie where they are super power people. Sadly we will never know what Versus' takes would be.

FNC can just be summed up as Gods are shit heels.

I really hope there are no gods in FFXVI. I'm getting so tired of all the bullshit the scenario writers come up with with gods as the excuses. FFI to IX never needed gods in their stories, with the exception of VI. VIII had one god but only in the backstory and he was just one massive, hilarious troll. X had a god but he was a fake.

Ray Down

Banned
Man i was so into FNC back in the days.

I liked XIII's take on gods being essentially robots powered by crystals and Type-0's take on l'Cie where they are super power people. Sadly we will never know what Versus' takes would be.
Man what I would have give for a set piece in Type 0 where you basically played a DBZ characters fighting each other.

jimmypython

I really hope there are no gods in FFXVI. I'm getting so tired of all the bullshit the scenario writers come up with with gods as the excuses. FFI to IX never needed gods in their stories, with the exception of VI. VIII had one god but only as in the backstory and he was just one massive, hilarious troll. X had a god but he was a fake.

12 had aliens lol

Byvar

Most of the new information makes sense. Sounds very much like FNC, but that's to be expected with how much even the concepts we knew of Versus XIII were integrated into it.

It even goes back to the name Noctis Lucis Caelum.
Lucis = l'Cie. They're pronounced the same or very similarly in Japanese ("lu-shi-su" vs. "lu-shi"). Caelum = Latin for "Ciel" = the French word that "l'Cie" is an anagram of.

Which makes it all the more weird that a guy with that name is now not a l'Cie (or is he? I guess the term just doesn't exist anymore). I don't really mind personally, but from an artistic point of view it's too bad that they had to use the Versus XIII concepts for XV but cut off the meaning behind them - would have been better if they had just cut it altogether and started fresh.

Top Bottom