• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something's a stir between Square and MS at TGS

StuBurns

Banned
Threi said:
So in your universe Microsoft has no money?
No, they have plenty.

But in my universe SE are the most important company to the Xbox's future. They need Japan, and SE is Japan. I can't imagine they would do anything to piss off SE's important employees like Nomura. Yes the thing recently about his leaving because of FFXIII's multiplatform status was a joke. But I really think it would rub a lot of people the wrong way if FF7's remake was exclusive to 360.

I think the remake will happen eventually, and I do think it'll be on 360, but I also think it'll be on PS3 and PC, WiiHD as well if it's out in time.

I don't even believe Microsoft paid for FFXIII.

Threi

notag
HiResDes said:
I like how everyone always makes it seem like MS has given its gaming sector an endless budget, or that they can somehow funnel all of this money they have into the sector. The realist looks at MS, looks at western economies, and the emergence of Apple as real contender and asks themselves just how much money can Microsoft afford to throw at SE for a remake of a game whose fans mostly all have PS3s.

Where was the Final Fantasy fanbase before MS dropped the monehatton?

I am just stirring up shit though.

HiResDes

stuburns said:
No, they have plenty.

But in my universe SE are the most important company to the Xbox's future. They need Japan, and SE is Japan. I can't imagine they would do anything to piss off SE's important employees like Nomura. Yes the thing recently about his leaving because of FFXIII's multiplatform status was a joke. But I really think it would rub a lot of people the wrong way if FF7's remake was exclusive to 360.

I think the remake will happen eventually, and I do think it'll be on 360, but I also think it'll be on PS3 and PC, WiiHD as well if it's out in time.

I don't even believe Microsoft paid for FFXIII.
If 360 even gets the remake I'll be surprised, especially after witnessing the bullshit SE employed not localizing FFXIII for Japan on the 360.

Lagunamov

Paracelsus said:
:D :D

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't this weeks Famitsu say there would be no new SE announcements at TGS? Makes a FFVII remake for any platform seem very unlikely.

Shig said:
I was more referring to traditional RPGs, those are all ARPGs.

So, what was the last awesome traditional RPG that SE made on a non-handheld? I think you'll have to go back to DQ8 and FFX, so what's your point?

Threi said:
The problem is most would not, thus the longer dev period between games.

Well I only know what I want, it must be pretty awesome to know what "most" do.

Ok, we've well established when it is, now can we get on to where we can watch it live if anywhere? Anyone streaming it or is it just going to be live blogged?

StuBurns

Banned
HiResDes said:
If 360 even gets the remake I'll be surprised, especially after witnessing the bullshit SE employed not localizing FFXIII for Japan on the 360.
Well, I think that's only because they want to give Sony some form of exclusivity on FFXIII because they had claimed it was exclusive for a couple of years. Maybe there will be a 360 version of XIII in Japan, around the time it hits in America. It's just because of the porting.

If they remake 7 using Crystal Tools, it'll already be on a multiplatform engine, and they can have them both be made at the same time.

BeeDog

Thanks. Eager to see what will happen. Is it true MS is the only company to have a keynote/conference at TGS this year?

DangerStepp

Please, God, let it be a FFVII remake. I want to watch the Internet consume itself in a fit of rage. The sound of fists pounding computer desks sending Baja Blasts spilling onto floors across the nation.

On the other hand, it could be a new IP announcement. What can I say? My curiousity is certainly picqued.

Do not underestimate the power of the dollar, folks.

HiResDes

Firestorm said:
Noon in Japan.
4AM GMT so 5AM for you.
8PM Pacific, 11PM Eastern.
Oh YES, 11PM is oh so perfect for watching MS conferences, I'll have a bottle of Jack ready to go in anticipation of major disappointment.

StuBurns

Banned
clashfan said:
I'm predicting Wii...
I'm predicting PS3/WiiHD

Versus isn't coming till around 2011/12, making KH3 2014/5.

Xbox3 will be out, and too far ahead tech wise, to the other two machines.

Atilac

HiResDes said:
Oh YES, 11PM is oh so perfect for watching MS conferences, I'll have a bottle of Jack ready to go in anticipation of major disappointment.
11pm tonight or tomorrow night?

Redd

DangerStepp said:
Please, God, let it be a FFVII remake. I want to watch the Internet consume itself in a fit of rage. The sound of fists pounding computer desks sending Baja Blasts spilling onto floors across the nation.

I'd stop playing LBP for a full day just to read the meltdowns on the Internetz if a FFVII Remake was exclusive to the 360. No maybe even stop playing the Beta entirely.

DangerStepp said:

On the other hand, it could be a new IP announcement. What can I say? My curiousity is certainly picqued.

Do not underestimate the power of the dollar, folks.

:lol LOL! This killed me...well played, well played. In other news I'm trying so hard to alleviate the pain SE has cause me these past few years
not really
...so confused and hate the mixed signals!!

gkryhewy

HiResDes said:
I like how everyone always makes it seem like MS has given its gaming sector an endless budget, or that they can somehow funnel all of this money they have into the sector. The realist looks at MS, looks at western economies, and the emergence of Apple as real contender and asks themselves just how much money can Microsoft afford to throw at SE for a remake of a game whose fans mostly all have PS3s.

OBJECTION!

I've just realised my fate will be decided whilst I sleep.

Well if I don't appear tomorrow you'll know what happened, farewell to those that care.

Russian Steve said:
It would be worth it just to watch the Internets melt. It would truly be a nerdocalypse of epic proportions.

I've gotta agree, I love the game so much that I wouldn't mind it being used as a tool of destruction :)

Top Bottom