• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

w00tkins

I need to see the tf2 characters in action. There are just so many questions I have.
What do their vehicles look like?
How does the switching work?

Berordn

Wait.

Dream Valley (NiGHTS into Dreams)-
Stage Intro Theme: Dream Dreams (NiGHTS into Dreams)
'Dream' Stage Theme: Paternal Horn (NiGHTS into Dreams)
'Nightmare' Stage Theme: Reala's Theme (NiGHTS into Dreams)

NiGHTS & Reala is in this? Holy shit hook it to my ears.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Preordered the WiiU version. At least I will have read a lot of impressions until it comes out. This looks like it'll easily be the best of the three Kart racing games in November.

Will there be a demo for this game (on any console)?

Until those companies make a peripheral that allows you to play a video game accurately and traditionally, they shouldn't be counted.

Regardles of what you or I think about the games, those devices are taking over huge chunks of handheld marketshare(larger than Nintendo and Sony own combined at this point). Cry all you want about it, it's not going to change reality.

Now on topic:
The Space Harrier level is awesome. Flying from Aircraft Carrier to Aircraft Carrier looks really great.

Mesoian

What you or I think about the games, those devices are taking over the handheld marketshare. Cry all you want about it, it's not going to change reality.

Right, and that is killing traditional games in the mobile market, which I believe was Tonobeni's point.

I really can't count what iOS and android are putting out as mobile games as games; the hardware simply doesn't allow precision. But they are salient enough to sell millions to people who have the device anyway. Thusly, yes, traditional mobile gaming is dead (or on life support anyway). Until Nintendo or Sony create a real gaming phone that is relevant in the phone world will we see any sort of savior to the mobile platform.

Exclusive content breakdown:

360: Avatar's
WiiU: Mii's, tablet controller integration
PC: TF2 Kart
PS3: NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Now on topic:
The Space Harrier level is awesome. Flying from Aircraft Carrier to Aircraft Carrier looks really great.

You mean Afterburner?

One of the more annoying things from last night's stream were people crying that the afterburner stage wasn't Metal Harbor, as if it matters.

Is there a break down of each platform's exclusive content somewhere?

Isn't it just Xbox Avatar and Miis for 360/Wii U? And something else for PC users. Looks like Banjo and Kazooie are gone.

Something I noticed from the videos is that pretty much every weapon from the first game has been replaced. Can't wait to try them all. The old ones were well-balanced and never let someone who raced poorly miraculously catch up at the end ala Mario Kart.

I cannot wait for this.

Alright Sasquatch.

Het_Nkik

Oh sweet, my OT title was chosen. May it drive many a person insane.

Definitely getting this day 1 on Wii U. I never finished unlocking everything in the first game... Better do that the rest of the week before Sunday or I'll never go back and get around to it.

EDIT: ^^The Wii U version also has two multiplayer modes not in the other versions. One is Monkey Ball themed and the other is Shinobi themed.

ShadiWulf

so it turns out the
announcer isn't fully gone,
yay! hes
definitely been toned down in the races.. but his loud voice
still exists in one part of the game..

lmao at the announcer in the menu, I went into audio options and noticed voice so I toggled it and if you move it up and down he says various lines depending on the direction.

Towards 0
"Waiit this is my only job!"
"Nooooo!"
"What? you're going the wrong way"

Towards 100
"Higher!"
"Congratulations you turned up the awesome"
"I'm loving the sound of my own voice"

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic...poilers-transformed/page__st__240#entry588202

Tizoc

Been watching pretty much every video, reading every preview, and reading every thread here for this game. This is easily one of the games I've been most excited about this year. The only others one's I can think of that I was excited for were fighting games. Hah.

I can't wait to pick it up. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Wii U copy of it on Sunday with my Wii U! It just looks too awesome, man. Ulala and I are gonna rock the online world! Haha.

I may also pick up a 3DS or Vita copy of the game sometime down the road.

This game (as well as the thread title) has also put me in the mood to play Sega racing games all day.

My Saturn's getting a whole lot of love today. Sonic R, here I come!

Berordn

I wonder which version though. The one with the wailing guitars, the standard fight, or a remix?

All the other tracks in the game (that I've heard, anyway) seem seem to be technoish remixes, so probably one of those.

I don't care though, the song transcends genre.

J@hranimo

Banned
Most likely. I was trying to convince my daughter to ask for the Wii U version instead so we could play splitscreen across the controller and TV, but she's far more interested in playing online against her school friends. I wish they'd release a console demo early so we could see if the framerate was an issue on PS3/360.

Yeah same here. As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm gonna get the 360 one first and when I get a Wii U early next (and hopefully the userbase will be larger for this game) I'll trade the 360 copy for the Wii U one.

ShadiWulf

maaaaaaaan

I gotta wait till next week to play this game, no stores near me have the game in stock, i tried signing for gamefly's free trial cause they have the game in stock, but 2-4 days to ship, so i wouldn't get it until next week anyways. So i chose dark souls from them instead, always wanted to try that game

Most likely. I was trying to convince my daughter to ask for the Wii U version instead so we could play splitscreen across the controller and TV, but she's far more interested in playing online against her school friends. I wish they'd release a console demo early so we could see if the framerate was an issue on PS3/360.

PS3 is lead platform for both ASR and is with ASR Transformed, so PS3 will be fine, people have reported crashing issues on the 360 version that have randomly popped up but S0L posted saying that issue has been fixed in a patch that goes live on day 1.

so it should be fine, i remember both PS3 and 360 had day 1 patches for the first ASR

SykoTech

Must have missed out on the Segabot reveal. Seems pretty cool.

Doesn't make up for the loss of a lot of a lot of the great characters from the first game (Ryo especially). Not to mention still no Ristar, Vectorman, Segata, or ToeJam & Earl. :/

Must have missed out on the Segabot reveal. Seems pretty cool.

Doesn't make up for the loss of a lot of a lot of the great characters from the first game (Ryo especially). Not to mention still no Ristar, Vectorman, Segata, or ToeJam & Earl. :/

Ristar if the flag man / star. But yes, I wish he was playable too. :( OutRun 2 flag man would have been much funnier waving the flag.

Top Bottom