• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

taku

Must have missed out on the Segabot reveal. Seems pretty cool.

Doesn't make up for the loss of a lot of a lot of the great characters from the first game (Ryo especially). Not to mention still no Ristar, Vectorman, Segata, or ToeJam & Earl. :/
NO RYO?! Well then, I will take my money elsewhere.. :'(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Get my copy tomorrow.

Hopefully the online game is more balanced this time. No more 1st place finishing 10 minutes before the rest of the pack.

How cheap is it? I see it at 39.99. Same as every other console version at every other store. Sega set the MSRP at that price.

Oh I didn't know the other versions were that cheap also, I mean mainly compared to the other $59.99 Wii U launch titles, this one stands out.

Strange, I saw the PS3 version for sale at Target here in Australia yesterday (14/11). Priced at $49 too which should see it do pretty well.

Planning on grabbing the 3DS version, loved the first game!

Subscribed, though I shouldn't have looked at the racer list though in the OP though...I was trying to avoid the final unlock (Segabot) until proper the release date. Unless I happen to find it being sold early around here, I'm sticking with my newegg preorder, though again, PS3 users get shafted on exclusives.

Strange, I saw the PS3 version for sale at Target here in Australia yesterday (14/11). Priced at $49 too which should see it do pretty well.

Planning on grabbing the 3DS version, loved the first game!

Yeah, it's already released here. Strange. I might head down to the store and pick it up. The price is quite nice, $48 at EB.

Oneself

Quick impressions of the PS3 version (39.99$CAN):

Feels like a Sega arcade racer, sounds & music etc. fits perfectly.
Controls are great, better than the 1st game. Plane gets some time to get used to but is pretty much spot on. Drifting with boat & plane feels a bit weird.
Framerate is a solid in between 25 & 30, no visible drops but doesn't
feel as smooth as 30fps... so let's say it's a solid 27fps.
There are races, drift challenges & boost challenges as well. Maybe more. Waaay more fun than the challenges seen in other games like Dirt...
Motion blur is in. Not the best I've seen though.
Not really jaggy, shadows are done with the same technique used with the PS3 version
of Assassin's Creed 2 (can't remember the technical name but it looks good).
It's probably sub HD, can't explain why but it feels like Sonic Generations / Sega Rally graphically in some ways..
Saw tearing but very rarely.
Not a lot of options, didn't find a way to download the bonus from inside the game.
Bonus is on the disk, download is a key (100kb).
Loading a track takes around 20 sec.
No mandatory installation, no install option either.

FootballFan

Quick impressions of the PS3 version (39.99$CAN):

Feels like a Sega arcade racer, sounds & music etc. fits perfectly.
Controls are great, better than the 1st game. Plane gets some time to get used to but is pretty much spot on. Drifting with boat & plane feels a bit weird.
Framerate is a solid in between 25 & 30, no visible drops but doesn't
feel as smooth as 30fps... so let's say it's a solid 27fps.
There are races, drift challenges & boost challenges as well. Maybe more. Waaay more fun than the challenges seen in other games like Dirt...
Motion blur is in. Not the best I've seen though.
Not really jaggy, shadows are done with the same technique used with the PS3 version
of Assassin's Creed 2 (can't remember the technical name but it looks good).
It's probably sub HD, can't explain why but it feels like Sonic Generations / Sega Rally graphically in some ways..
Saw tearing but very rarely.
Not a lot of options, didn't find a way to download the bonus from inside the game.
Bonus is on the disk, download is a key (100kb).
Loading a track takes around 20 sec.
No mandatory installation, no install option either.

Nice, thanks for the impression :D

Getting this on Tuesday.

I hope my local GS gets a few extras of this for Wii U, gonna go try and pre-order a last minute copy Friday. The recent streams and stuff people were showing got me way interested.

g9FDZ.jpg

Mprhh mrpph mrpph

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Jesus Christ, that drifting challenge looks hard as fuck!

Some of these missions are quite challenging, but each mission does have a difficulty level selection. What difficulty you choose affects a few things, such as the higher difficulty you choose the faster you go (that applies to all cars as the difficulty is selected for the match as opposed to individually).

I do love the variety of these missions, though. They are a lot of fun. I think my favorite so far is the boss rounds.

Jesus Christ, that drifting challenge looks hard as fuck!

Yeah, the achievements for this might be more fun than the first game. Wreck It Ralph sounds like John C Reilly to me, whereas the voice in his trailer was definitely a sound-alike.

YoungHav

Banned
Had no idea this was coming out and I just bought the first game last week (haven't played it yet). How would you guys rank the first game compared to the Mario Kart Series?

Very interested in the PC version. Unfortunately, not interested enough to pay full price. I would love to have a fun kart racer on PC, finally.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'm playing the 360 version, and I've had the game freeze on me twice now, both times at loading screens.

Game is pretty damn fun otherwise, but this is kind of annoying.

Piers

Beginning to feel that maybe the Scout would have been a better fit over the Pyro - given that he's speed orientated, and how his cocky quips would of fit the competitive racing nicely. The Spy-Plane seems bizarrely thrown in there too as an All-Star.

Maybe Valve has an update in mind for those characters related to ASRT? It was the case for Total War: Shogun iirc. Still, it's great to see the effort they went through to include them.

Top Bottom