• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic confirmed for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Comet

It's a shame they put the lame newer Sonic and not the classic one. I'd love to see classic Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Mario. Child me would have been in heaven watching that video.

Gotta promote Sonic Lost World.

Smash Bros is such a PR game. I fully expect a Megaman game exclusive for Nintendo platforms.

Anyway, Samus stays unbothered. Did they confirm Zero Suit already? They better.

TheOGB

Banned
I love how that guy that joke posted the "Olimar = new character reveal" in the Smash thread only got Captain Falcon wrong :lol

screen-4.jpg
This pic isn't too flattering

main.png

His render looks so much better than in Brawl.
Holy fucking Sonic Adventure

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Sure hope he has other moves other than "SPINDASHSPINDASHSPINDASH"

He was my main in Brawl (despite his mid-tier-ness) and I'm happy he is back!

Can't wait to troll everyone by spamming "You're too slow!"

NotLiquid

If anything though, I'm a bit disappointed that they're basically recycling Sonic's Brawl move set to a T. I didn't mind his moves actually, but they don't look like they've been buffed at all, and his damage output was always his biggest problem (along with a lacking killing move).

They should have seriously replaced his forward-A with his somersault-esque kick from Sonic Battle.

Spinluck

Gotta promote Sonic Lost World.

Smash Bros is such a PR game. I fully expect a Megaman game exclusive for Nintendo platforms.

Anyway, Samus stays unbothered. Did they confirm Zero Suit already? They better.

This is a pretty dumb post, considering Sonic and Snake were in Brawl and had no major exclusive Wii game being released around that time. In fact, Sonic was in a rather shitty place close to around that time and they still added him due to fan demand.

J-Tier

Another third party character? This is turning into Nintendo All-Stars Battle Royale. Amirite guys?

Guys....?

FYC

Banned
Another third party character? This is turning into Nintendo All-Stars Battle Royale. Amirite guys?

Guys....?

Dante for Smash please

I'm happy he's returning, though not much of a surprise. Should be interesting to see what moves they give him this time.

Terrell

Was there ever a chance he wasn't going to come back?
Between Sakurai saying he has to be picky-choosy and either rumblings or confirmed statements that Snake was definitely out, yeah, it wasn't a guarantee for most people.

Anyone with common sense, though? Yeah, we knew Snake was always out and Sonic was in.

Sponge

Banned
Some people may be passing this off as a no-brainer but I'm so hyped about Sonic returning.

I'm ESPECIALLY hyped because we get that Lost World Stage.

Top Bottom