• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces - Story Trailer

I feel like Sonic Team is sacrificing their appeal to focus on demographics.

Like when I think of IPs/Brands like Super Mario or Sonic The Hedgehog I always so those games as for "Everyone", which allowed them some wiggle room when it comes to their appeal.

But nowadays when it comes to Sonic I'd assume they're just actively aiming at the child market, instead of keeping the appeal universally accessible (I know some tryhards like to front on this board, but believe it or not, people (both children and adults) sincerely like The Sonic The Hedgehog Brand.)

But you can see the manufactured child pandering in games like Colors, Lost World, and Boom (outside of the TV Show's over the head jokes).

Maybe it also comes with some people being out of touch with what Sega made Sonic about Sega finally caved into allowing outside material (comics, memes, and Saturday Morning cartoons) dictate for the fans what Sonic is. Even though in a sense, Sonic was technically a cultural phenomenon.

I'd argue at this point Sonic just stopped evolving, and just started being used like most cynical Japanese devs started doing to their brand. (Capcom comes to mind.)

qUWxNHv.jpg
edit: added quote lol

ggwp.

I'd buy Sonic Hooters.

Guess Who

Banned
Not sure if this softens the blow at all, but at least the game looks to run at 60fps on everything except Switch. Generations and Unleashed looked fantastic for the time, but they were a bit choppy on console.

I mean, Generations and Unleashed could run at 60fps on modern consoles too. That's not really an excuse at all.

Top Bottom