• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania - Special Stages, Bonus Stages, & Time Attack Shown Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have a lot to say about the game in many different areas and directions, but I can't until Monday. The surprises are worth being surprised by in-game, though, I want to underline that to save some people in this thread ruining it for themselves.
If the game isn't as good as we think it's going to be then you should say so now to avoid shattering dreams come release day. Silence will only confirm this is the best Sonic game ever.

Blueblur1

giphy.gif

See you guys in the OT next week.

Ristifer

tenor.gif

Enjoy all! Can't wait to see what people think after Tuesday, but I'm not going to risk spoilers at this point.

Shadio

That guy from the Twitter link is now streaming the game on Youtube, so the leaks should start showing up quite soon.

As much as I've been neurotically refreshing every Sonic Mania thread on GAF I think it's time to take a very difficult step back. I have to remember to stay off Youtube too as like someone said the recommendations will probably spoil something.

I think I'll watch some Sonic SatAM and play Sonic CD. Maybe I'll figure out how to play the game properly...

See you all next week!!!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have been looking at some of the leak stuff, just going to say this before I back out, RESIST THE TEMPTATION. Just know it looks insanely good the stuff they've been hiding away, but it will be a LOT more impacting if you experience all the surprises first hand. If you're a Sonic fan, this is a game with a lot of surprises in store for you. Lots of attention to detail, and don't let that be spoiled off-hand if you have any sort of ability to resist that urge.

Game's only five days away.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have been looking at some of the leak stuff, just going to say this before I back out, RESIST THE TEMPTATION. Just know it looks insanely good the stuff they've been hiding away, but it will be a LOT more impacting if you experience all the surprises first hand. If you're a Sonic fan, this is a game with a lot of surprises in store for you. Lots of attention to detail, and don't let that be spoiled off-hand if you have any sort of ability to resist that urge.

Soon as I heard people talking about a new zone, I decided "nooppeee, I'll be patient." I want to go in with SOME element of surprise when we're so close to the release & to post fresh reactions when the OT is up.

Though damn it, I would love to own the soundtrack on a CD. I can't believe it wasn't part of the LE, would've gladly paid another $10+ for it.

NZerker12

I just wanna say, I'm reviewing this game, I finished this game 100% earlier today after a few days of play - all Chaos Emeralds, all unlockables, etc - aside from anything that might be unlocked from Tails/Knuckles alone runs - and seriously, if you can keep the secrets, do. As an old Sonic fan I cheered and hooted out loud at some of the things in this game - bosses, zone selection, etc, plus the gimmicks in the new versions of old zones. I honestly think it's worth going in not knowing.

If you're a hardcore fan who will relish the little references or even the bigger ones like zone selection, it's worth seeing it first time in your playthrough. Even saying [zone x] from [game y] is in it and in Act 2 it has the [thing] from [thing] in it is a massive downgrade on actually seeing it play out via the act transition or whatever.

Can you give a hint on whether Super Tails and Super Knuckles are in the game. After Iizukas comments about only Sonic going Super I just want to know if they get any of the love.

Ramune

I think your warning hit me the most. Man, I'm going to have to stay way from YouTube as well till the 15th...some of the channels subscribe to better not leak anything either. I swear to Chaos........

jman2050

I've already almost clicked on the leak thread twice now lol.

EDIT - I swear if Youtube's front page shows me anything in these next five days people will pay.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Random thought: Imagine if they kept the Sonic CD "secret" of letting the game sit for 3 minutes without moving to then have Sonic just jump off the screen.

ckaneo

I've watched about 5 zones. It's the best 2d sonic game and nothing can change my mind about it.

Seems though they made it too easy to get crushed to death though. Only complaint.

MrBadger

I probs don't need to say it but can we keep leak discussion out of non-leak threads? Not a fan of how they kept almost everything secret for over a year then some dude just got it early and showed the game. But that always happens with Sonic. Every single time.

The wait until Tuesday just got way more difficult.

J@hranimo

Banned
I probs don't need to say it but can we keep leak discussion out of non-leak threads? Not a fan of how they kept almost everything secret for over a year then some dude just got it early and showed the game. But that always happens with Sonic. Every single time.

The wait until Tuesday just got way more difficult.

That's video games in a nutshell. Nothing is sacred nor safe.

MrBadger

That's video games in a nutshell. Nothing is sacred nor safe.

Sonic seems to be on a whole other level when it comes to leaks. Both episodes of Sonic 4 found their way onto the internet months in advance, in completely unfinished states
not unlike the states they were released in

I heard the same thing. Well Sega Bits have their game already. Maybe they are from EU? In that case EU press already has them.

Alright, so what I'm hearing now is that review codes for all versions of the game EXCEPT the Switch version have been sent out, and that one will go out even closer to launch. Switch is the special boy in the corner, I guess. Sucks for me and others who work for Nintendo-focused outlets.

Sacul64GC

Banned
So does anyone know if there is some kind of clear display case I can buy for the fake cart that comes with the collectors edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom