• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania - Special Stages, Bonus Stages, & Time Attack Shown Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm avoiding YouTube for the weekend then I guess.

I'm looking forward to see if we get a thread that vaguely hints about content from the game labelled as a "what's your favourite X from gaming?", like how all the "What's your favourite
game within a game
?" threads the popped up when that section of Uncharted 4 leaked. -_-

Holy shit, not entering that thread then O_O

I personally don't mind reading deets, it's just physically watching footage/streams I'm avoiding.

If it helps satiate the hype a little, theres nothing I haven't liked, regarding level choices/motifs. And there's some wonderful little surprises in there. S'all good!

I personally don't mind reading deets, it's just physically watching footage/streams I'm avoiding.

If it helps satiate the hype a little, theres nothing I haven't liked, regarding level choices/motifs. And there's some wonderful little surprises in there. S'all good!

It's like, I don't mind knowing the levels (although I'd obviously like some surprises) because I remember a lot of the old games had level lists and screenshots in the manuals, but I don't want to know too much.

RockmanBN

For those who preordered the Collectors Edition on Amazon and have the release date for the 17th. I've chatted with the Customer Service and they said that the orders should be arriving on release day. If you ask them about it then they will change your shipping speed from two days to one.

Mark1

Aye I'm the same as some here. The only thing I've spoilt was the opening. And man it was worth it, everything about the video was beautiful.

Waiting for Tuesday is becoming increasingly hard now.

Alright, so what I'm hearing now is that review codes for all versions of the game EXCEPT the Switch version have been sent out, and that one will go out even closer to launch. Switch is the special boy in the corner, I guess. Sucks for me and others who work for Nintendo-focused outlets.
Hmmm yeah I dont believe that fully or the rep lying lol

F34R

For those who preordered the Collectors Edition on Amazon and have the release date for the 17th. I've chatted with the Customer Service and they said that the orders should be arriving on release day. If you ask them about it then they will change your shipping speed from two days to one.

Mine says it will ship on the 15th, and be here on release day, the 17th.

Mine says it will ship on the 15th, and be here on release day, the 17th.
Mine does too. Order ships on Release Day and arrives on the 16th. The only reason that its arriving on the 16th instead of the 17th is because I talked to a rep and he says that the game is slated to ship on the 15th and arrive on the 17th but he changed it to One-day Shipping. So it's coming on the 16th.

F34R

Mine does too. Order ships on Release Day and arrives on the 16th. The only reason that its arriving on the 16th instead of the 17th is because I talked to a rep and he says that the game is slated to ship on the 15th and arrive on the 17th but he changed it to One-day Shipping. So it's coming on the 16th.

Oh I see. The launch day is the 15th. I misread the email. It was an updated arrival email, not a day of release update. Gotcha. Thanks. I'll put in a call.

Oh I see. The launch day is the 15th. I misread the email. It was an updated arrival email, not a day of release update. Gotcha. Thanks. I'll put in a call.
Good luck. It's really weird that Amazon isn't delivering this on launch day for my order. I preordered it the moment it went up. Oh well. I guess one extra day of waiting won't kill me.

F34R

Good luck. It's really weird that Amazon isn't delivering this on launch day for my order. I preordered it the moment it went up. Oh well. I guess one extra day of waiting won't kill me.

Yeah, I ordered Apr 24. Getting it on the 16th or 17th isn't that big a deal for me. I have such a backlog on the system as it is lol.

chrono01

My pre-order (from Amazon.ca) shipped earlier today, with an estimated delivery time of Monday. Granted, it's being delivered by UPS, and they have a tendency to miss deliveries in my area, so I probably won't get it until Tuesday. :/

I was surprised to see the CE be as heavy as it apparently is, though. UPS has the weight listed as just under 9lbs. The Sonic statue must be heavy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, an entire foot tall? That's bigger than even that Ryu statue in the Street Fighter V LE, though just barely.

Now to figure out where I can display the statue.

Mark1

Love how every Mania thread on GAF seems to be getting far more replies than other games in the series. Go figure....

Sonic is back guys ;)

RRockman

Banned
For anyone who's checking the leak thread, how are the impressions from the people who got to play the game early? How does it stack up to the classics?

Sonic game confirmed

When I said the leak thread be poppin I wasn't kidding. The game surprised ALL of us in ways we didn't expect, the gameplay and music of the new levels was some fine stuff. If you liked the first 3 Sonic games you'd be a fool to miss this.

When I said the leak thread be poppin I wasn't kidding. The game surprised ALL of us in ways we didn't expect, the gameplay and music of the new levels was some fine stuff. If you liked the first 3 Sonic games you'd be a fool to miss this.

I booked tuesday off work for this lol.

Cheers for letting me know.

Kinsei

Banned
TWO DAYS FOR 100% :/

What were you expecting? All Sonic games are short, so it's either this or something padded out with mini games (Generations), mediocre secondary gameplay styles (Unleashed) or forcing you to play the same level multiple times (The Adventure games).

13ruce

Banned
Do big eshop games release at midnight?
If not i hope early in the day (EU btw).

Got the money needed in the eshop wallet:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom