• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

^Are ye both daft? Are ye retarded? HE'S THE GODDAMN BLUE BOMBER!
StreetFighterXTekkenMegaman.png

I'll pm you an update on the current Sonic comic in the next few days, it's small update on what new books are being released ;3

Pietepiet

A collab between you and Vlambeer? I expect great things.

(when's standalone Dikembe coming along, anyway)

Hehe, most of Vlambeer's games are collabs between us ;)
No idea about Dikembe :( My work on that is done and I haven't seen any updates from Adam

^Are ye both daft? Are ye retarded? HE'S THE GODDAMN BLUE BOMBER!
StreetFighterXTekkenMegaman.png

I'll pm you an update on the current Sonic comic in the next few days, it's small update on what new books are being released ;3

I thought the Blue Bomber was Sonic raining death below on any badnik in dire need of a spin attack...

qq more

Eeeeh, Phoenix is great but (IMO) the series kinda took a dip in quality once he stopped being the main character; thankfully he's back for the new one.

Yeah, Apollo Justice was really flawed. I thought the Edgeworth game was great until the end of the final case... I heard its sequel is MUCH better though. Too bad that's never getting localized... sigh

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Super Crate Box
Serious Sam: the Random Encounter
GunGodz
Luftrauser
Luftrausers
Dinosaur Zookeeper

And I've also done a lot of gamejams with JW from Vlambeer :)
Wow! I didn't know you worked on some of this stuff. I'm impressed.

I hope the standalone Dikembe game is in the works still. Not bad if it isn't, but I'd really like to go back to that game sometime.

...wat...

naw, man...

Alright, you redeemed yourself. Ouendan 2 is fantastic. I did buy my DS just for Ouendan/EBA at the beginning. Though I dunno if I'd call it my favourite handheld game, it's most certainly up there.

Shucks, I'll go with Ouendan/EBA for my favourite handheld games. I can't remember what else I like at the top of my head right now.

qq more

In speaking of rhythm games, I think I'm doing a lot better in Rhythm Heaven Fever after beating the DS game. Fever is much more forgiving (and just as good)!

EDIT: Hey, I unlocked Bossa Nova.

In speaking of rhythm games, I think I'm doing a lot better in Rhythm Heaven Fever after beating the DS game. Fever is much more forgiving (and just as good)!

EDIT: Hey, I unlocked Bossa Nova.

I don't think Fever is that much more forgiving, I think it's that the input method is more reliable (DS version table tennis is the worst).

qq more

Let's turn into a this into a thread about how awesome the Metal Gear Rising OST is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HvRu8gfaX0
I wish I could take part but I don't have the game yet

I don't think Fever is that much more forgiving, I think it's that the input method is more reliable (DS version table tennis is the worst).

Fever gives you more room for error while the DS one expects you to be near perfect to get "OK" if I'm not mistaken.

I wish I could take part but I don't have the game yet

Fever gives you more room for error while the DS one expects you to be near perfect to get "OK" if I'm not mistaken.
Monkey Watch had no mercy on me!

I also agree with the first part of your post, but i'm dead set on wait for £20 mode right now and I can't go back on my cheap arse word!

qq more

Monkey Watch had no mercy on me!

I also agree with the first part of your post, but i'm dead set on wait for £20 mode right now and I can't go back on my cheap arse word!
Monkey Watch is an exception, not to mention most likely designed by someone who hates humans. The only game in Fever I've ever skipped. Good god :(

Both those games require my mind to click into it, I can do both consistently now but damn was it a hard fought battle to reach that point.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Let's turn into a this into a thread about how awesome the Metal Gear Rising OST is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HvRu8gfaX0
I would partake but you picked the exact same song I would've! Stains of Time, then.

Shit, that game and soundtrack are so fucking good. Like I said in the OT, it's been a long time since I played a game for the first time with a smile on my face the whole time. No no, it's been a long time since I fought bosses with a smile on my face the whole time. The bosses are so fucking good and well-designed... I just... it makes me feel so good inside to play through them.

And dealing the ending blow is absolutely wonderful since they made the music synch so well with it. Such a fucking good dynamic soundtrack. I totally ordered the soundtrack to do a review for it, but I can't wait to get that stuff on a CD for the car.

Guys. I need to tell you a summary of what my friend thought of Rising before trading it in. It makes me sad:

"I fought that one boss battle with the wolf. He pauses and summons regular enemies, and then pauses a couple of times to summon Gekko. It still fell flat. I agree that Parrying feels like more of an acquired skill than just some random thing to do that has infinite I-frames, but I just disliked how it all played. It was kind of cool being able to chop down Gekko with some practice, but it got old really, really quickly. This game really pushes the combat angle. I'm not fond of games like that, unless I'm playing RPGs. It's likely the biggest problem here is genre dissonance, but as far as action games go, I enjoyed my dreaded God of War games more than this. That's saying something."

It felt bad to hear this. So bad. Even when I stressed it was an action game, pure and simple, he vehemently disagreed.

Noi

I'm as excited for God of War as I was for Rising, but that line still made me laugh.

Your friends sounds like he/she just doesn't enjoy Action games. "This game really pushes the combat angle.", really?

It felt bad to hear this. So bad. Even when I stressed it was an action game, pure and simple, he vehemently disagreed.

Wait, what did he think it was?

Also I'm not the one who struggled on Moai Doo-wop!

I struggled getting the perfect on Moai Doo-wop/2. Just plain beating it is a cinch. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm as excited for God of War as I was for Rising, but that line still made me laugh.

Your friends sounds like he/she just doesn't enjoy Action games. "This game really pushes the combat angle.", really?

Should've stayed straight-up stealth action like MGS is, and it didn't need the action hack/slash elements. I don't think he ever saw it as a proper hack/slash action game, but tried seeing it more as a stealth action game like all the other MGS games is (and if he stuck around for the sewers, maybe he would've realized it did have stealth elements).

This guy is the biggest MGS fan I know (and he absolutely adores Raiden's character), but it's just interesting how he didn't seem to like what he played of the game at all. He didn't even get to Mistral before trading it in, which I thought was his biggest mistake. That's the point where I fell deeply in love with the game's combat.

This is a guy who likes Kingdom Hearts's action combat elements more than regular action games' action combat elements. I probably should've expected these impressions in hindsight, tbh.

Lightning Bolt Action
That tagline sucked, good thing they changed it.

My friend has been essentially shitting on the game all week after spending the last month bigging up DmC, i'm left confused as I tended to trust his thoughts on these sort of games considering his love for Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What hurt the most was hearing, "Kingdom Hearts has better combat than this."

That killed me inside.

My friend has been essentially shitting on the game all week after spending the last month bigging up DmC, i'm left confused as I tended to trust his thoughts on these sort of games considering his love for Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden.
I dread playing DmC now, just because I know that the bosses aren't this good.

Noi

Should've stayed straight-up stealth action like MGS is, and it didn't need the action hack/slash elements. I don't think he ever saw it as a proper hack/slash action game, but tried seeing it more as a stealth action game like all the other MGS games is (and if he stuck around for the sewers, maybe he would've realized it did have stealth elements).

This guy is the biggest MGS fan I know (and he absolutely adores Raiden's character), but it's just interesting how he didn't seem to like what he played of the game at all. He didn't even get to Mistral before trading it in, which I thought was his biggest mistake. That's the point where I fell deeply in love with the game's combat.

This is a guy who likes Kingdom Hearts's action combat elements more than regular action games' action combat elements. I probably should've expected these impressions in hindsight, tbh.

I can see where he's coming from, but outside of the initial conception of the game, Rising was billed as an action game from the start. Hell, it even drops the Metal Gear Solid monicker to try and differentiate itself from the main stealth series. What boggles me the most is his denial of it being an action game despite it playing like one. Talk about covering your ears.

Get better friends.

If they ever port MG:R to Wii U, they should make an alt skin where you're Iwata.

No.

"Kingdom Hearts has better combat than this."

SE wishes they could make an action game as good as Platinum's worst.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I can see where he's coming from, but outside of the initial conception of the game, Rising was billed as an action game from the start. Hell, it even drops the Metal Gear Solid monicker to try and differentiate itself from the main stealth series. What boggles me the most is his denial of it being an action game despite it playing like one. Talk about covering your ears.

SE wishes they could make an action game as good as Platinum's worst.
I think he's one of those MGS fans who really don't like the idea of this game being canon, and ends up trying to nitpick many aspects of the game in general (and trying to make it stick to the stealth action genre trapping is probably not helping his outlook for the game). I find it strange to me, because it's really starting to become one of my favourite Metal Gear games in general on account of how it plays alone. I think a lot of its standout moments outweigh some of the questionable design flaws it has (ex: standing still to open the menu, the auto-correct camera, etc).

And you know how I feel about KH and its combat already. :/

Is there any way you can just, cut off all ties with this person?
His favourite FF is FF13.
bsLrAjF.gif

Nah, other than some of his odd opinions, he's a nice person to talk to about games.

Sciz

I think he's one of those MGS fans who really don't like the idea of this game being canon, and ends up trying to nitpick many aspects of the game in general (and trying to make it stick to the stealth action genre trapping is probably not helping his outlook for the game).

I could maybe understand the complaint if they'd stuck with Metal Gear Solid: Rising as the title, but in a remarkable burst of insight, Konami spun it off as its own distinct subseries of the overall Metal Gear brand. And diversifying the franchise is a move they desperately needed to make if they're going to stick with their policy of making Metal Gear and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom