• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy Gadget's more like Crazy Camera Angles, mainly in that last third of the level. Weird level it is, and I never did like it very much at all. Eggman was funny as hell in it, though—never thought a Sonic game could get any more melodramatic and silly-dilly.

Looks like SA2 is definitely coming to XBLA.

October 3rd. I guess this is going to be their Sonic game for the year.

OYBlg.jpg

Safe bet it'll be on PSN, too; one of the screenshots shows the Dualshock's O button. Hope that means it'll be playable on VITA alongside Jet Set Radio HD:

The Light Dash being... well, the Light Dash and the Block Puzzle in Crazy Gadget were what bothered me the most. The Block Puzzle in particular stumped me for a few days.

Crazy Gadget's more like Crazy Camera Angles, mainly in that last third of the level. Weird level it is, and I never did like it very much at all. Eggman was funny as hell in it, though—never thought a Sonic game could get any more melodramatic and silly-dilly.
It's almost like a precursor to Colors' PA system now that you mention it.

Y'know, if they redid the controls to be more like Generations, I could really go for that. No changes to the handling, mind, but you press X while in midair to bounce, press Y to Light Dash, B to somersault, X on the ground to spin dash... Not sure where Magic Hands would fit into this, but hell, we've got buttons to spare, might as well use 'em.

Let us relive one of the most shocking moments from the riveting tale of SA2.
"because you just told me fox boy"
And then Eggman finally murdered his life long enemy, no grand theatrics or killer robots, he just got it done, too bad Sonic plot haxed his way to surviving which was even odder considering I played through the Dark Story first and had no clue as to why.
Sonic seems pissed at Amy for getting caught but okay with Tails screwing everything up.

Um... What did Magic Hands do again?
It turned nearby enemies into orbs that you could then throw at other enemies.

In theory, that could be pretty fun, like a pseudo-Kirby or something. In practice, you had to stop and press Y four times to get the menu to highlight the option before you could use it, and the flow broke so much that it was utterly worthless. Having a one-button bind for it could potentially make it usable again, although there might be other problems with its implementation that I'd never noticed by virtue of never using it before.

Magic hands were found in the first stage was it? you needed the bounce bracelet to smash through some metal boxes on the floor after the bit where Sonic runs down the skyscraper. Loved the idea but the execution was poor.

Magic hands were found in the first stage was it? you needed the bounce bracelet to smash through some metal boxes on the floor after the bit where Sonic runs down the skyscraper. Loved the idea but the execution was poor.

Yeah, you had to have the Bounce Bracelet and the Fire Ring, IIRC.

Wait. Why does it say Sonic 21st Anniversary Deal of the Week when there isn't a single Sonic title or item on sale?

They're most likely prepping those Avatar items that were leaked a while ago and put the deal up too early. SA2 was first released on June 23, 2001, so that is most likely when it'll acually star, and when the XBLA/PSN port will be announced.

Kokonoe

Banned
One thing I noticed about Shadow throughout the years is that he hasn't had a single quality in-game running animation since Adventure 2. Even in his own game the rocket shoes just flicker off a tiny almost needle like fire.

They're most likely prepping those Avatar items that were leaked a while ago and put the deal up too early. SA2 was first released on June 23, 2001, so that is most likely when it'll acually star, and when the XBLA/PSN port will be announced.

Ah.

One thing I noticed about Shadow through out the years is that he hasn't had a single quality in-game running animation since Adventure 2. Even in his own game the rocket shoes just flicker off a tiny almost needle like fire.

His running animations in Black Knight and Generations are pretty good.

I guess there's no chance of Sega going back and fixing the Adventure 1 port they shit out? It's seriously a crime how bad it is. True HD widescreen support like this would be great.

ezodagrom

I guess there's no chance of Sega going back and fixing the Adventure 1 port they shit out? It's seriously a crime how bad it is. True HD widescreen support like this would be great.
There's no chance they would do that, we're talking about a publisher that delays a game that is ready to be released for over 6 months for no reason at all, they delayed it from a period where there's close to no big titles to a period that is way too crowded with big titles (talking about Anarchy Reigns).

There's no chance they would do that, we're talking about a publisher that delays a game that is ready to be released for over 6 months for no reason at all, they delayed it from a period where there's close to no big titles to a period that is way too crowded with big titles (talking about Anarchy Reigns).

True, but this is also the same company that is releasing Jet Set Radio with full HD, full widescreen, fixed pop-in, went out of their way to re-license 99% of the OST, with new user created spray tags to boot, on the vita, PS3, 360 and PC.

Sega confuses me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Y'know, if they redid the controls to be more like Generations, I could really go for that. No changes to the handling, mind, but you press X while in midair to bounce, press Y to Light Dash, B to somersault, X on the ground to spin dash... Not sure where Magic Hands would fit into this, but hell, we've got buttons to spare, might as well use 'em.
It's too bad they won't put that much effort into it. I expect the bare minimum. Still, I'm very glad we're getting SA2. Too bad it isn't Vita-compatible, but oh well.

It's the only game in which I find Shadow absolutely tolerable.

(And I'm glad my bro and I made up cuz neither of us hold grudges.)

"on the Vita" is the weirdest thing about that
That's what I had originally assumed how we were to refer to it. Everyone refers to it so differently.

"The Vita"
"Vita"
"VITA"
"The VITA"

Someone needs to clear this up.

ezodagrom

True, but this is also the same company that is releasing Jet Set Radio with full HD, full widescreen, fixed pop-in, went out of their way to re-license 99% of the OST, with new user created spray tags to boot, on the vita, PS3, 360 and PC.

Sega confuses me.
They're only doing that because of the complaints of SADX being a lazy port and the complaints of the new Crazy Taxi soundtrack. It's like, if people don't complain, they do a minimal effort job.

Nope, nothing required the Magic Hands. It was the only upgrade that you had to backtrack to get, too, I think. You needed both the flame somersault and the bounce bracelet to get to it, and it was all the way back in City Escape.

More of an easter egg, I think. It's a reference to the idea that one of the original Sonic concepts was originally about a rabbit that could pick up and throw things with its ears (which, that idea in itself originally evolved to become Ristar).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom