• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & The Secret Rings - Let the Speed Mend It

RK128

Sonic_and_the_Secret_Rings_coverart.png

This game is the first game of the Modern Era for Sonic :D! This introduces the Modern Era for my Sonic Retrospective :). It's nice to see this new era of Sonic kick off with this fun looking game......Wait, Sonic 06 is part of this Era? Ha XD! Ha.......Ha :l. Sonic had a bad 15th birthday :(.

Anyway, Secret Rings is the series first venture on the Nintendo Wii and it plays with a lot of the systems features. Motion Controls, the Wii's Horsepower, and a vocal-heavy soundtrack, not to mention a storybook style that the series never tried out before.

This, not unlike Sonic Rush, signified a major change for the Sonic series and it is a precursor to the Modern Style we see with Unleashed and Colors latter on.

Enough babbling, lets find the place, place ;).

- - - - - - - - - - - -

This game has a lot of history, so lets start from the beginning.

A long time ago, Sega wanted to release a version of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) on Nintendo's upcoming Wii console and they split Sonic Team in half; one half making 06 with Naka leading the team and the other half trying to port the game to Nintendo's under powered console.

S2006-TGS_2005-05.jpg

The development team faced.....a lot of issues and they decided to retool the game into a new title. When they did this, the team learned about the Wii Remote and how it was motion controlled. After playing with it, they decided "This is going to be a motion controlled Sonic game" and the game went under the code-name Wild Fire.

02_14_ZM.png

This name lasted for a long time and it was the name the game was under for its E3 showing in 2006. But latter on, it adopted the name Secret Rings to fit with the Storybook story a bit better.

While all this was happening, Sonic Team lost Naka and a healthy amount of its developers as they left due to wanting to stop making Sonic games (this period, SEGA did not let them make new IP, as SEGA IP sales post third party were low compared to Sonic's sales). This lead to the 06 team lagging behind badly and forcing the Secret Rings team to work even harder to get the game out the door.

tumblr_mwjw8v2JPJ1s3ot0fo1_r1_500.gif

So, we ended up with two rushed games instead of one solid game across both systems......not the best situation for Sonic Team and one hell of a way to continue the Dark Age of Sonic after Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Genesis :(.

The game finally came out February 2007 for the Nintendo Wii in NA markets. I got the game very close to launch and critics were kinder to it then they were to Sonic 06. So, its was a decent game :D! ......But a soggy bag is better then Sonic 06, so its not had to top that game :l.

So with ALL of this out of the way, did the game end up being a success? Or was it a failure like its older brother?

- - - - - - - - - -

Gameplay in Secret Rings is split up into two modes, with Sonic Team making the Story mode while a Party Mode meant to play with the motion controls four players was made by another studio.

Will touch on that first quickly as I didn't play much of it; its a collection of 50+ mini games and its more or less Sonic Shuffle 2, but with motion controls and the card mechanics gutted.

latest

Here is a video footage of that mode if you want a better look at that section of the game.

4VNQbul8TxhJK.gif

Going back to the Story gameplay, its the Mach Speed Sections of 06 brought to its logical conclusion; Sonic moves forward on his own with tilting left/right making Sonic move in that direction, with the 1 button planting him in place & the 2 button making Sonic jump (holding it charges the jump for a high one, tapping it is a simple 'hop').

You tilt backwards to make Sonic move backward and you shake the controller in the air to air dash and preform the iconic homing attack.

Sonic also gets two more moves after beating Evil Foundry; Speed Break and Time Break. Speed Break is Sonic's Boost ability from Rush, brought into 3D for the first time. Time Break is Sonic slowing down time for more specific control (slows down spinning springs, ect). Very helpful skills that are tied to a gauge on the right side of the screen, which increases the more Soul Energy you collect (the fire orbs) in the levels.

This sounds like a mess....but it really isn't, at first. The levels are built for forward/tunnel level design and it works with the motion controls well enough. Levels like Sand Oasis and Evil Foundry do a great job with this as you never have to backtrack; all you do is go forward with one exception being a simple set piece where you tilt the controller left/right to navigate a tight pathway.

is4fJ3KCkkUWQ.gif

Other levels.....not so much :(. Pirate Storm, Skeleton Domain and Levitated Ruins all have moments where you have to go backwards, play with awkward gimmicks (grinding on rails sucks in this game :() and explore stages like you would in Adventure/Adventure 2......without buttons/sticks.

YITL8cYPFwj28.gif

That sounds unplayable but that really isn't the complete case; the controls get better the more you play. Sonic levels up as you play stages and as you get more levels/complete levels, you unlock more moves that make....your.....control...better :l.

Sonic_and_the_Secret_Rings-Nintendo_WiiScreenshots7021screenshot_035--screenshot_large.jpg

Sonic Team, do you WANT people to hate your game? No? .....Then don't DO shit like that X(. Just gives us a fully upgraded Sonic from the start and make the game more playable.

Ugh....don't like that system but the levels are fun to run through despite that issue. Sonic moves left/right fine and the homing attack is very responsive, leading to some sections of levels being really fun set pieces :).

13eN9Ad7oOYi9a.gif

The presentation goes hand-in-hand with the gameplay, so will touch on that soon enough. But it really elevates a weak game into an enjoyable one.

Overall, gameplay itself is a novel idea but how its done is....problematic sadly :(. A future game, Sonic & The Black Knight, takes these issues and mostly squishes them :).

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The story is about how Sonic is sleeping in Tails House or his house finds a magic ring on this table. He touches it and magically a gene appears and ask Sonic to help her save the book she lives in.

Arrivalsonic1.png

He agrees to help her out and both hop into the book, finding Erazor Djin destroying the worlds pages hunting for the Chaos Emer....I mean Secret Rings. He expects Sonic to find them and while he is confused shoots a fire arrow on his chest. If he doesn't collect the seven world rings, he dies.

hqdefault.jpg

So its a race against the clock to find the seven world rings and repair the world as Sonic runs into Storybook versions of Eggman, Tails, & Knuckles. The story is cheesy, the voice acting is silly at points and it has some dumb moments.......its great to see this again in the series :).

maxresdefault.jpg

You gotta remember, this came out AFTER Sonic 06 and Shadow; games trying so hard to be 'serious', so this being so light hearted and campy was something the series really needed at this point.

And I will give credit to Jason Griffin, voice of Sonic the Hedgehog during 2005-Early 2010, he started getting better voicing the character at this point and it shows. He emotes, when Sonic is angry, you feel it. And when he cracks a joke, it sounds natural instead of forced.

Shara was great and seeing her connect with Sonic across the game was enjoyable :). Erazor Dijin is monster villain number 103809 at this point in the series but he is a good foe to fight. He is cocky to Sonic, calls him a rodent (well, he isn't wrong; Hedgehogs ARE rodents :)) and he is a major threat to Sonic.

The final boss between Sonic and him is very enjoyable just because of the presentation, which I will touch on next.

dqFWJNMs9ZYic.gif

Overall, story is a major improvement over recent games during this time period. The presentation for the story has to be highlighted too, with the literal storybook looks with the line work, almost hand colored detail and more makes it have a great style :).

- - - - - - - - - -

Now I can finally talk about the presentation, and its really impressive!

Even today, the game is a looker on the Nintendo Wii, with it running great, having bright colors, animations being detailed and the world having a lot of detailed textures to it. Places like Sand Oasis, Night Palace, Evil Foundry and Skeleton Domain look great and really go back to the outlandish level tropes we saw with the 2D games and Sonic Heroes :).

zvejB6g.gif

Now the music.....one of my favorite 3D Sonic soundtracks ever :D!

Going to cover this Lost Prologue first before touching my favorite tracks as today, it found out something very interesting; it has roots to Sonic Xtreme! Here this theme from Xtreme called Time Past, then hear the theme to Lost Prologue......sounds similar doesn't it ;). Know nothing more outside of this difference so I could just be reaching, but still, very cool finding I thought :).

Anyway, the soundtrack for this game is amazing, with it being rocking and really catchy. They try telling a story for the level you are in, so each level has vocal elements to it and it gives the game a unique identity compared to the other Sonic games.

Seven Rings at Hand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0eOGGQbMyU&index=2&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1
Let the Speed Mend It (Sand Oasis) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHGasskxFkQ&index=3&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1
The Wicked Wild (Dinosaur Jungle) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOqs_grQxBw&index=5&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1
The Palace Was Found (Evil Foundry) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__lO6bvThXo&index=6&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1
No Way Through (Pirate Storm) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHR9qUEALY&index=9&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1
The White of Sky (Skeleton Domain) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZKxCqDtq8&index=11&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1
Unawakening Float (Night Palace) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsyaCguqGkU&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1&index=12
High and Broken (Levitating Ruin) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmUoabhc28c&index=8&list=PL9082E039A9733EA1

Such great tracks and they are really enjoyable to listen too :). Night Palace is a personal favorite; such a haunting melody and it really hammers home "This is the home stretch Sonic".

Seven Rings At Hand is great too.....but they play it way too much. The stage select over and over it plays, when you clear a level.......not very fun listening to the same track over and over again :l.

Love this version of Seven Rings at Hand, found in the Sonic & The Black Knight Soundtrack and its a really great rendition of it. Softer, and more peaceful honestly :).

Overall fantastic presentation and one of the better looking Wii games on the market.

- - - - - - - - - -

Overall thoughts on this adventure is that its enjoyable despite some really glaring problems. If you can't stand motion controls, I wouldn't blame you for not playing this.

But if you give it a chance, you might be surprised at the good elements the game does have :).

The music rocks, the visuals are impressive, the core gameplay can be a lot of fun at points and its overall quality is decent.

It got a sequel on the Wii called Sonic & The Black Knight and I really love that game :D!

gif___sonic_mustang_by_risteing.gif

- - - - - - - - - -

Next up on the retrospective is a PSP Sonic series! Finally get to play some Sonic games on my Vita now :). Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 are up next :).

Weren't this game and Sonic and the Black Knight recalled hard from stores by SEGA once Colours and Generations hit the market?

Astral Dog

Was an interesting launch title with some gorgeous locations, but in retrospective, horrible, horrible game, Sonics true debut on Wii was mostly Colors imo.

RK128

Weren't this game and Sonic and the Black Knight recalled hard from stores by SEGA once Colours and Generations hit the market?

I believe so.

Like I said in the OP, the game has glaring issues and I'm being kinder to it then I guess I should be.

But the games bright spots make up for the really weak elements the game has.

I loved Sonic and the secret rings. The music made this game honestly, it always got me pumped right at the start of a stage.

Hopeford

This is a deeply flawed game that I love very much in spite of its flaws. The upgrade system is bullshit though, wonder if there's a way to replay the game on Dolphin and cheat my way to having all upgrades from the get go to have more fun.

RK128

This is a deeply flawed game that I love very much in spite of its flaws. The upgrade system is bullshit though, wonder if there's a way to replay the game on Dolphin and cheat my way to having all upgrades from the get go to have more fun.

Know nothing about Dolphin but you could download a completed save file online, put it on a SD card, pop the sucker into your computer/adapter, install Dolphin, hook up a controller and tweak some things to enable standard controls.

You would be set for some fun gameplay I guess then :).

Zomba13

Secret rings was pretty cool. The controls definitely took a bit to get used to (and to get good). The soundtrack was good too.

Not

Banned
Was so excited for this game and never even finished it. Got to the dinosaur egg collecting level and gave up

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I ended up liking this game, despite its flaws. Some of the levels were just gorgeous visually, and it played well once you UNLOCKED THE GOOD CONTROLS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SONIC TEAM.

I thought Black Knight was kind of a misstep, despite the improved controls.

RK128

I ended up liking this game, despite its flaws. Some of the levels were just gorgeous visually, and it played well once you UNLOCKED THE GOOD CONTROLS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SONIC TEAM.

I thought Black Knight was kind of a misstep, despite the improved controls.

Everything was wrong with them during the Dark Age sadly :(. At least they did a good job with Dimps and Blackbone for the Rush/Rivals series. The latter is decent thankfully :). The former is awesome and only got better with Rush Adventure :D!

I really liked Black Knight but I can understand why people are lukewarm to the game. With normal controls, why continue to make on-rails games?

Hopeford

Know nothing about Dolphin but you could download a completed save file online, put it on a SD card, pop the sucker into your computer/adapter, install Dolphin, hook up a controller and tweak some things to enable standard controls.

You would be set for some fun gameplay I guess then :).

That sounds like a good idea, think I'm gonna do that!

I haven't played - or even thought about - this game in years. I bought it on release and enjoyed it for what it was, but it was frustrating at points and the decision to lock functional controls behind the upgrade system was a really poor choice.

By the way, I love these Sonic retrospectives. Keep 'em coming.

I enjoyed this game a lot back when it came out, especially once I started thinking of it more like a racing game than a traditional Sonic game, the upgrade system akin to buying new cars/parts that improved the handling etc and memorizing levels like tracks until you could get 'em down just right.

RK128

I haven't played - or even thought about - this game in years. I bought it on release and enjoyed it for what it was, but it was frustrating at points and the decision to lock functional controls behind the upgrade system was a really poor choice.

By the way, I love these Sonic retrospectives. Keep 'em coming.

Have a few more games left to cover, so hope you look forward to them :D!

Only have the following left:
-Rivals 1 & 2
-Rush Adventure
-Sonic Chronicles
-Sonic All Stars Series (Tennis, Racing, Racing Transformed)
-Sonic 4 Episodes
-Sonic Lost World (Wii U & 3DS)
-Sonic Boom (Wii U, 3DS, & Cartoon)
-Sonic Generations (HD and 3DS Versions)

Might cover some fan games as well but moving on to covering the Ratchet series once the retrospective is finished for Sonic :).

B_Signal

Yep, I get what they were going for, but it's just the wrong thing to put behind an rpg system. I really liked secret rings eventually but you can't really blame people for hating it based on their first few levels

Also the last boss might be the most physically exhausted I've been playing a game

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I really liked Black Knight but I can understand why people are lukewarm to the game. With normal controls, why continue to make on-rails games?

It wasn't even that, for me. There was just too much of the awful sword combat.

I was on the hype train when this was shown as "Sonic Wildfire", but I don't think I got that far into the game. I probably lost interest halfway through. Still have the copy lying around somewhere

Have a few more games left to cover, so hope you look forward to them :D!

Only have the following left:
-Rivals 1 & 2
-Rush Adventure
-Sonic Chronicles
-Sonic All Stars Series (Tennis, Racing, Racing Transformed)
-Sonic 4 Episodes
-Sonic Lost World (Wii U & 3DS)
-Sonic Boom (Wii U, 3DS, & Cartoon)
-Sonic Generations (HD and 3DS Versions)

Might cover some fan games as well but moving on to covering the Ratchet series once the retrospective is finished for Sonic :).

No Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series?

batbeg

This is actually my favorite sonic game. I'm not a big fan of the franchise (though I've been enjoying your threads) and this was plagued with bad decisions (unlocking things as you said) but the concept was novel and it was fundamentally fun. Never tried Black Knight though.

Hopeford

If I'm right, hope it works out for you :D! Have fun with the game buddy :).

I'm having a ton of fun! I haven't set up the save file yet, but I tried mapping the wiimote to my Xbox 360 controller because I was kind of curious and...can I just say that it makes the game a *thousand* times better? Like, it makes no sense that a game built for motion controls works so much better with a regular controller but everything is just so much more responsive now!

I kind of want to play it from beginning to end now haha

I actually liked this game (got it when there was the big initial drought of games on the system), it was fun trying to get gold medals and play levels without slowing down. The game was incredibly punishing if you did get hit though, since Sonic likes to run into walls after you get up from a crash.

I remember eventually figuring that the steering upgrades were unlocked with leveling usually around the same time you got speed upgrades, and the speed upgrades tended to even out the better handling. I got what they were going for, they wanted it to be like upgrading a car; there was a point where it was possible to go too fast for some of the more obstacle filled levels so the trick was to dial back the top speed and let the handling take over.

There were some levels that didn't suit the game's level design and control scheme at all though, like this one where you had to collect dinosaur eggs and drop them off into nests which ended up really awkward, especially since the nests were on platforms that you could fall off from if you accidentally went too far forward.

RK128

No Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series?

Not really interested in covering those games for a few reasons; never played any of those games, have little relation to Sonic's history outside of being a cross-over with Mario characters and not a big fan of mini game collections not called Wario Ware :).

But, I might just have Sonic's Nintendo Side-Stories thread before jumping into Lost World covering a the Olympic series and his Smash Brothers appearances if there is enough demand for that :D.

A thread just for the Olympic Mario & Sonic remixes alone would make making that thread worthwhile :).

RK128

I'm having a ton of fun! I haven't set up the save file yet, but I tried mapping the wiimote to my Xbox 360 controller because I was kind of curious and...can I just say that it makes the game a *thousand* times better? Like, it makes no sense that a game built for motion controls works so much better with a regular controller but everything is just so much more responsive now!

I kind of want to play it from beginning to end now haha

Very interesting to hear this......so a motion controlled game, works better with traditional controls? Talk about ironic XD! Glad you are enjoying the game and continue giving it a shot buddy :D!

Davey Cakes

I actually loved this game back in 2007. Not sure why. The controls were never great but I actually got used to them.

I ended up completing a lot of the challenges. Spent something like 13 hours when all said and done, which is a lot for a Sonic game, for me.

Better than Sonic Heroes at least. I never played Shadow or '06 and I skipped Black Knight so besides Colors, Secret Rings was the last 3D Sonic experience that I truly had fun with.

Tuck

The main levels were pretty decent, though the auto-run made for some frustrating moments.

It was sort of like a precursor to the Unleashed style of gameplay.

The challenge missions were shit though -too many required a level of precision that the game could not provide.

RK128

I actually loved this game back in 2007. Not sure why. The controls were never great but I actually got used to them.

I ended up completing a lot of the challenges. Spent something like 13 hours when all said and done, which is a lot for a Sonic game, for me.

Better than Sonic Heroes at least. I never played Shadow or '06 and I skipped Black Knight so besides Colors, Secret Rings was the last 3D Sonic experience that I truly had fun with.

I felt Heroes had better control but I'm glad you enjoyed Secret Rings :).

The fact you never played Shadow and 06 is a great thing, as you never experienced the lowest points for the series. I recommend if you never got around to playing it, give Generations a shot. It is an evolution of Colors/Unleashed and its a lot of fun :D!

MrBadger

Sonic Rivals will be a curious game to revisit...I remember liking the first one and thinking the second one had the most frustrating boss fights of all time.

Secret Rings, though...it's alright. I remember most people I know getting more play time out of the Mario Party mini games it had.

But oh man, could you imagine the Lets Play comedy if Sonic Team just said "fuck it" while trying to port 06 to Wii and released what they had instead of making something completely different? We could have ended up with a worse, even glitchier 06 and a part of me wants that. I hate that part of me.

RK128

I firmly believe that this game actually isn't terrible, and is in many ways better than Black Knight.

I don't think either Secret Rings and Black Knight are terrible at all, just that the former has a lot of glaring issues holding it back.

I enjoyed my time with both games but I found Black Knight to be the more polished game. The controls work a bit better, the motion controls are slightly more responsive, the visuals/music are a massive step up over Secret Rings and the overall presentation is one of the Wii's strongest next to Colors and the Galaxy games.

I love Black Knight but I can see why one would enjoy Secret Rings more. It is focused on Sonic going fast consistently and you have a better 'rythem' when chaining homing attacks/jumps compared to the sword combat in Black Knight.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I got this game loonnnng before I got by Wii as I had a coupon for it so I brought it and it went in my drawer untouched till I brought a Wii.

At first I thought the game was okay but the more I replayed it the more I realised that the game isn't fun as I had zero control over Sonic and speed break wasn't fun to use as the boost in Rush/Colours/Unleashed/Generation. Plus I wasn't too hot on the music either.

Shame really as with a proper control, better level design and better music the game could have been fun.

Black Knights fixes the control, somewhat, but the game was also not fun and I just rage quit just before the final boss.

That's extreme.

Not if you want to fix your brand and have people to start taking it seriously.

Unfortunately all that effort went to waste as they made Sonic Boom which effectively undid the goodwill that Colours and Generation started.

RK128

Sonic Rivals will be a curious game to revisit...I remember liking the first one and thinking the second one had the most frustrating boss fights of all time.

Secret Rings, though...it's alright. I remember most people I know getting more play time out of the Mario Party mini games it had.

But oh man, could you imagine the Lets Play comedy if Sonic Team just said "fuck it" while trying to port 06 to Wii and released what they had instead of making something completely different? We could have ended up with a worse, even glitchier 06 and a part of me wants that. I hate that part of me.

I......I never thought about that before.

:l.......XD!

I WANT 06 Wii now just for the lets play comedy that would ensure :').

I never played the Rivals games until most recently and.....they are 'meh' to me :l. Will cover them in greater detail soon but both games should be a lot better then they are.

Davey Cakes

I felt Heroes had better control but I'm glad you enjoyed Secret Rings :).
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Heroes in the sense that a lot of it felt kind of like Sonic 2 but in 3D. The stages kind of gave me a Sonic 2 vibe. Also, I didn't hate the team mechanics. The forced "beat-em-up" sections were unfortunate.

That said, the controls were generally unreliable for me. I fell off platforms a lot because I felt like I didn't have much control, especially on landing from a jump.

The camera was also shit soup and the game in general felt unpolished in these areas that are vital for a fast-paced 3D platformer. Secret Rings' fixed camera didn't produce as many issues.

I loved this game. They really packed in a lot of content in here. Full story mode, upgradable skills, and a nice little party mode.
YES. The upgradable skills made the game way more addictive and rewarding.

bman94

I loved this game. They really packed in a lot of content in here. Full story mode, upgradable skills, and a nice little party mode. Also Dark Spines Sonic is awesome. I hate the voice acting tho. I heard how terrible Sonic 06 was but I was pleasantly surprised when I played this. I stayed far way from the sequel tho.

RK128

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Heroes in the sense that a lot of it felt kind of like Sonic 2 but in 3D. The stages kind of gave me a Sonic 2 vibe. Also, I didn't hate the team mechanics. The forced "beat-em-up" sections were unfortunate.

That said, the controls were generally unreliable for me. I fell off platforms a lot because I felt like I didn't have much control, especially on landing from a jump.

The camera was also shit soup and the game in general felt unpolished in these areas that are vital for a fast-paced 3D platformer. Secret Rings' fixed camera didn't produce as many issues.

I guess I didn't mind a lot of Heroes issues (camera, controls) when I revisited recently for the retrospective but I can understand where you are coming from.

The Camera was my biggest gripe in the game for many years and only recently it went to 'meh' status as an issue.

The controls are very lose for Speed formations but the Power/Flight formations were a lot easier to control, making me think that Speed isn't the formation you spend the most time with. So, when I played the game, I only used Speed characters for the loops and such but swapped to the Power characters for everything else.

Made controlling the game fine for me but again, the Speed character controls are very close to the ice skating-levels of control Ow the Edge has and that is bad X(.

MrBadger

I firmly believe that this game actually isn't terrible, and is in many ways better than Black Knight.

I think there's a chance this would be remembered as a hidden wii gem if Sonic's face wasn't attached to it. In that regard, I imagine Billy Hatcher would have a hatedom if it was about Sonic rolling chao eggs around.

I don't really like Secret Rings, but I think its association with the 06-era Sonic brand sours its reputation

RK128

I think there's a chance this would be remembered as a hidden wii gem if Sonic's face wasn't attached to it. In that regard, I imagine Billy Hatcher would have a hatedom if it was about Sonic rolling chao eggs around.

I don't really like Secret Rings, but I think its association with the 06-era Sonic brand sours its reputation

I don't see the connection there :l. If Secret Rings was a new IP, that would confuse people thinking "Um.....why isn't Sonic running?".

But replace Sonic with a hidden/lost Sonic character like Mighty or a popular one like Blaze, it might of helped.

That wouldn't of happened anyway, as after 2004, Sega pushed Sonic Team to ONLY make Sonic as he sells and.....it limits creativity after a while I would imagine :l.

Top Bottom