• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "abandons" The Last Guardian trademark [Up: Sony: Game is still in development]

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It was really the vaporware of the generation(we haven't seen anything that resemble a real video game from them)

smh@Team Never

funny-gifs-proboscis-monkey-eating.gif
What have I seen

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think I'll pick up the trademark just for the hell of it. Like, for serious. I'm diving in.

I believe you have to show intent to use a trademark in some kind of commerce, you can't just randomly register them and/or keep it active forever without using it.

Oh. Well...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So someone can trademark it now? Quick, do it and sell it back to Sony!

They don't want it :(

In other news perhaps the brand new indie game The Last Guardian will be a hit!

Derrick01

Banned
If it is cancelled then it's about 2 years too late for that, but better for Sony to cut their losses than to keep taking piles of money and setting it on fire.

I really wouldn't read too much into this, could be just someone forget to file the renewal paperwork, games been in development so fucking long maybe they just forgot. They probably still intend to use it in commerce someday (lol).

Top Bottom