• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "abandons" The Last Guardian trademark [Up: Sony: Game is still in development]

BigDriggy

Neo Member
uwglF.gif

massoluk

Banned
Seriously,

The Last Guardian: Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time.

Do it.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm sure the people who used to work on this game will get jobs with Square Enix to help finish up Versus XIII.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Same thing happened to the Versus XIII trademark last year, but no one caught it. SE renewed it not long after.

B.O.O.M

Didn't Yoshida say that the game is still being developed? I think all this hints to is a name change.

edit: nvm. Thanks for the explanation kagari.

I couldn't help but laugh at this unfortunate news.

But really even if TLG comes out I can't imagine that it'll be even a fraction as good as SOTC with such a troubled development history.

fi1ip

Please be just a name change. Not just Sony, this whole console generation desperately needs this game.

Fuck Japanese devs this gen.

Oh come on! If this gen has thought us anything, gamers prefer a game never be released over having something compromized released.

If anything, you should be thanking Sony for killing it. Knowing how that story was going to probably go... lol, look at this as a symbolic spoiler... the last gift from this game to you :D

Duffyside

Banned
I have to give credit to Ueda; we all thought we knew that there were only two potential outcomes to this game, that either the kid dies, or the griffin dies. But he really did surprise us by instead making the game itself die.

Bravo.

Top Bottom