• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "abandons" The Last Guardian trademark [Up: Sony: Game is still in development]

Riposte

Stop hating on Japanese devs. In the time since TLG was announced we got two "Souls" games and I think the entirety of Platinum Games catalog.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are both at least somewhat overrated anyway.

Herb

Banned
Someone trademark it ASAP and release a DVD with a picture of a griffin-rat on it for maximum profit.

gabbre

iTLTA.gif

goonergaz

That doesn't even make sense. How many trademarks do they have for stuff they don't even use? Even if the game was cancelled they'd probably just keep the trademark. Or sell it, but not just abandon it.

this

the gaming world know about this game - anyone can now nick the name and use it?

WTF?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Don't think this means much but can't wait for this to miss TGS again and enter its EIGHTH YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT.

jschreier

I think flipping out over this is premature.

A trademark being "abandoned" just means it was registered and left unused for a certain amount of time, so it reverted back to the public domain. Sony does not seem to have actively "abandoned" it and it's pretty to re-register, from what I understand.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F!!@!@!@!@#!@#!@ NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

MormaPope

Banned
Perfect response.

He did it on the first take too!

Fun fact: He was supposed to just toss the pizza, the pizza landing on the roof was accidental and they loved it enough to have that be the take.

It's even more awesome because they later shot the pizza rotting on the roof later, and Walt has to eventually take the pizza down.

goonergaz

CAUTION: Although federal registration for this particular filing is inactive, the mark may still enjoy common law rights, or may have been applied for again in a separate application. Further research may be warranted to determine where this mark is truly abandoned in commerce.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sony Should just change SCE Japan Studio to a small PSN/Vita games only developer, SCE Japan Studio is just a group of some few teams so they can't handle HD development or big AAA projects,The Last Guardian sound like a huge waste of time and money with absolutely no results, more smaller project on PSN/Vita and no big PS3/PS4 maybe the only way for Japan Studio to go ( till they hire more guys).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is so fucking silly.

PS3 games seemed to be cursed.

Seriously, it's the only console with this kind of shit going on with it I think.

Damned thing's cursed I tell ya.

PS3 games seem to generate the most internet buzz along with HL3, only normal when people been waiting for 6 years.

PS3 games seem to generate the most internet buzz along with HL3, only normal when people been waiting for 6 years.
It doesn't have anything to do with the system. They're games from very well loved studios that defined the previous generation for a lot of people. If The Last Guardian was coming out for the 360, you'd see the same kind of buzz and speculation.

Same thing happened to the Versus XIII trademark last year, but no one caught it. SE renewed it not long after.

Oh thank god; a glimmer of hope! Even if they don't renew it, I'll choose to believe it got a name change. This game and Versus, really have me eager for TGS to happen ASAP.

Top Bottom