• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "abandons" The Last Guardian trademark [Up: Sony: Game is still in development]

StuBurns

Banned
It's sad we haven't even seen anything that would resemble actual real gameplay.
Yes, we have. Just because a trailer doesn't have a HUD, doesn't mean it's not gameplay. You see traversal stuff, you see puzzles involving giant eye style glass things, you see combat, you see stealth. You see the core mechanics of a full game.

Lol I'm intensely enjoying the ones trying to reassure themselves everything is ok. This game has been in the shitter for the past 3 years and keeps getting worse.

It's dead.

u dont know that. Also, I refer u to the FF Versus example earlier, and the possibility of name change (not likely) and the fact that Sony can still renew it.

I'll say it once, I'll say it again: I'd rather the game be cancelled at this point, because the insane amount of hype people here have made for it means that it will NEVER live up to those expectations, and basically be looked at as a disappointment when it's released.

So FFV13 should be cancelled too? Probably is anyway but just sayin...

Dresden

ivW9fJ769HNeL.gif

Truly amazing.

FStop7

Banned
I don't think they'd have let the trademark lapse even if there were a title change.

The game's toast, it's been toast since well before Ueda left.

LordCanti

Yes, we have. Just because a trailer doesn't have a HUD, doesn't mean it's not gameplay. You see traversal stuff, you see puzzles involving giant eye style glass things, you see combat, you see stealth. You see the core mechanics of a full game.

Is there any doubt that Toriko's AI is holding up the show? Everything else seems solid, and has for years.

reminder

The Last Guardian of War.

I know that their most popular game is God of War, but they do WAY more than that. They're helping studios everywhere with PS3 games. I'm sure if Santa Monica would take over the development, we would see a release within a year, even if they would have to start over again.

They're helping already with the game iirc, but it seems that it's not enough when Team ICO still not really has a clue how the PS3 works...

7threst

This is so painfull... officially 3 years but in fact longer that we know this game was in production. It's embarrassing. For Sony and for Ueda. And I feel sorry for those who actually bought a PS3 for this game (although they knew next to nothing about the game which is also stupid to base your purchase on).

AppleMIX

Can't say that I'm sorry.

Seriously, it's been seven year since Shadow of the Colossus. What the fuck have they been doing all this time.

558263988_NkyXZ-L-2.jpg

I guess it's the game that dies.
This is a very ass hole piece. If you're someone like me who likes to turn off his brain and absorb the story from a clean mind with no expectations or thoeries, all this does is plant some BS in your brain and expect either of these to happen, pretty much ruining the game for yourself if it does happen and if it doesn't, you just went the whole game wondering if it will instead of enjoying it.

On top of that, it wasn't even funny.

StuBurns

Banned
Is there any doubt that Toriko's AI is holding up the show? Everything else seems solid, and has for years.
I imagine it's performance, the only time we've really seen the game running on what seems to be a PS3 is the development interview that came with the Team Ico Collection, and the very brief clips shown ran at some appalling framerate, like unthinkably bad.

Cat Party

This is definitely just an oversight by Sony. Even if the game was canceled, they'd keep the mark to prevent someone else from using it.

But I'm loving the gifs anyway.

Top Bottom