• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "abandons" The Last Guardian trademark [Up: Sony: Game is still in development]

Dug

Banned
This is a very ass hole piece. If you're someone like me who likes to turn off his brain and absorb the story from a clean mind with no expectations or thoeries, all this does is plant some BS in your brain and expect either of these to happen, pretty much ruining the game for yourself if it does happen and if it doesn't, you just went the whole game wondering if it will instead of enjoying it.

On top of that, it wasn't even funny.
By the time the game comes out you will have forgot about the comic anyway. *rimshot*

BadAss2961

cheadleq0s1n.gif

LordCanti

I imagine it's performance, the only time we've really seen the game running on what seems to be a PS3 is the development interview that came with the Team Ico Collection, and the very brief clips shown ran at some appalling framerate, like unthinkably bad.

By AI, I meant AI and all that it entails. In the very few clips we have, he seems overly ambitious to the point that it doesn't seem possible for him to exist on the PS3. You can't take something that big and expect it to naturally interact with an enclosed environment for long without headaches occurring. If you want him to be anything more than a creature that just kind of does a few predetermined things, you've got to really put a heck of a lot of work into it. Add to that the complexity of him in general (his feathers, for instance) and it seems like something the PS3 really just can't do.

It sounds ridiculous, but if the PS4 is more suited to the artistic vision, I'd gladly wait for it and then buy one just to play this game.

Welp, someone get the kickstarter going

I'd put a hundred into that right now, with no need for kickstarter prize tiers, and with the knowledge that the $100 doesn't get me the game.

I imagine it's performance, the only time we've really seen the game running on what seems to be a PS3 is the development interview that came with the Team Ico Collection, and the very brief clips shown ran at some appalling framerate, like unthinkably bad.

You can always scale back the graphics. I think it has to be the Ai/Animations/clipping that is holding back development. Its not like there are tools available to create the type of Ai that they are going for, it has to be created from scratch. Edit: what Lordcanti said

SunhiLegend, I'm in tears here at work man... everyone around me probably think I'm nuts right now with me trying to hold in these laughs.

What do you do for a living? Can I have your job?

Gartooth

Writing has been on the wall for a long time people. I'm sure it is upsetting news to some, but I think many people knew full well that this game was never coming out.

spats

Could've been a decent game. Oh well!

How long before a disgruntled Team Ico employee leaks dozens of images and videos?

StuBurns

Banned
Yea, we've heard that plenty times with still nothing to show for it.
So what? We didn't see anything of LA Noire for three years, it still came out.

People are so doubting. Sony said this game is still in development, SE said Versus is, so they are.

Jarmel

Banned
I still can't believe that it's cancelled. It's almost certainly someone at legal screwing up. No way this is getting cancelled.

bud23

Yea, we've heard that plenty times with still nothing to show for it.

"I will not give you a detailed update, but I will say one thing," senior vice president of product development Scott Rohd told GameSpot. "It goes back in my mind to innovation and to gamers and to quality. That title is going to ship when it is absolutely ready."

ie,never ever

GCX

Yeah but the studio at charge was closed after that. I guess Duke Nukem Forever is the best example of development hell that was finally released. (sadly)
There are many examples of development hells that succeeded in the end. Ocarina of Time for example went through quite a few phases and problems before it started to take its final form.

Top Bottom