• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Neither Microsoft nor Sony have much in the way of big name, big budget exclusives and nor will they have enough to satisfy people until 2016. It is like a chic trying to compare two guys who don't have much going on until they graduate college.
Wait, MS doesn't have any big exclusives in 2015?

Number one, wasnt talking to you, so i dont know why you responded to me, and secondly, yeah, there's tons of people trying to dismiss the occasion that a LOT of people have been waiting MANY YEARS to witness because of whatever their agenda is, and i'm sick of it.

You quoted me.

Whatever, enjoy it.

What was Missing:

The Tomorrow Children ( show floor? )
Rime ( show floor? )
The Witness ( show floor? )
Persona 5
WiLD
Dragon Quest Heroes US ( Squeenix conference? )
Disgaea 5 ( show floor? )
Until Dawn - was kind of bummed actually, wanted to see another crowd moment where everyone is shouting their next move
Ratchet and Clank - great showing prior to show though, probably playable on show floor
the Level 5 JRPG
Deep Down
Dragons Dogma Online
Hot Shots Golf
Let It Die
Killing Floor 2
Tearaway - show floor

Amongst many others. And seeing what they did show. Good lord. This is going to be a legendary system.

I'm really keen to see more on Rime, Dragon's Dogma Online and Killing Floor 2, but I suspect these might be given a bit of time to shine at Gamescom or Paris or wherever.

jem0208

I'm thinking Warzone might just save it. The demo was uninspiring, a by-the-numbers FPS rather than the new Halo. If the whole game is scripted like that it's pretty much Doomed for leaving '30 seconds of fun' behind.

The Halo story left me behind long ago, so yeah, maybe there's something in that.

Frankie has said that it was far more scripted and linear than most of the campaign. We also had the GI article which detailed another level which mentioned there would be multiple routes and secrets and large areas.

I'm not worried at all about H5's campaign. The story looks to be fantastic as well if HTT is any indication.

Edit: Josh Holmes also just posted this over in HaloGAF:

The campaign demo we showed was a small section from one of the missions in the game, carefully recrafted to show off some of the new features. We also modified narrative to minimize spoilers.

I know you guys wanted to see open, sandbox gameplay, but that doesn't demo well, especially within tight time constraints for live television. The H5 campaign features the biggest, most open campaign spaces in any Halo game and has been designed with many options and different paths to support cooperative play. If you like open, sandboxy Halo with lots of exploration and replay, you will not be disappoint.

Majanew

Banned
Neither Microsoft nor Sony have much in the way of big name, big budget exclusives and nor will they have enough to satisfy people until 2016. It is like a chic trying to compare two guys who don't have much going on until they graduate college.

Did you miss Microsoft's conference? Halo, Tomb Raider, Forza, Gears, Fable are releasing this year. Sony showed a lot of games I want, but they're not this year.

Thanks for tuning in & I'm glad some of you enjoyed the show ;)

Actually, I saw someone else mention it and you might be a good person to ask, if you're allowed to comment - was the FFVII 'reveal' at PSX last year intended to be a troll? Is it a real thing that's still happening, or was it designed to throw people off the scent of this real full remake?

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Didn't see what was so special about the conference last night. Thought it was pretty average the big 3 don't appeal to me I actually find them pretty boring.

autoduelist

Do we know what's up with the rumored Level 5 rpg? Will that be at some other E3 event? Or was that a red herring?

You guys made the internet go "No, not happening, this isn't real" 3 times last night (or morning, it was 04:00 here when it started). So, how are you going to top this next year or at PSX (if it happens again)?

PSX:

Dark Cloud 3 or Legend of Dragoon 2 or similar
Crash and/or Spyro
PS1/PS2 BC
Bloodborne 2 teaser
The Last of Us 2 teaser [never will happen before U4 release but still...]
GT7
FF Tactics Remake

sure, why not. I mean, look at this e3.

Sigh. The "PS4 has no games" thing won't go away, and it's still bullshit.

July:
GOW3 Remastered

August:
Until Dawn
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Volume

September:
Tearaway Unfolded
SOMA

October:
Uncharted Collection
Tales of Zestiria
Dragon Quest Heroes

Others likely for 2015 but not confirmed include Persona 5, Bloodborne DLC, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, The Tomorrow Children and probably others.

Disgaea 5, Godzilla, Earth Defense Force, One Piece Musou, and Nobunaga ambition.

It's not even funny how that notion still holds up. Personal preference doesn't make games suddenly disappear.

People were also asking where the fuck all AA titles go, and there you have them, but they somehow don't count.

Win what? Is there a trophy? What does this even mean?

E3 always has a 'winner' declared by the various media outlets, and videogame fans - as ridiculous and arbitrary as it is. I'm pretty sure you know this though.

It was almost as good as that time you flew an X-Wing.

You quoted me.

Whatever, have a party about your remake and your kickstarter. Plenty more of those to come now.

lol, pre-edit spice.

You'll go down in history as the presenter of the greatest E3 conference ever. Spectacle, great pacing, nostalgia, excitement and great looking games! Spectacular work by you and your team, an unparalleled effort. You've risen the bar and set a new standard for future conferences.

You've got your work cut out topping it next year though!

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
For a game that's been in development hell for the better part of a decade, it looked borderline unplayable. Ridiculous screen tearing, graphics out of 2006, and it didn't look like it controlled especially well either.

I'm glad people are getting this game, don't get me wrong, but it's mostly because I'm sick of hearing about it. I expect it to sell about 50k copies LTD and review terribly. The hype for the game has always completely mystified me. I played Ico for about two hours and stopped because I was tired of fighting the controls. Shadow of the Colossus was even worse.

It was a load of smoke and mirrors. I'm annoyed with both Sony and Microsoft for different reasons, but Sony is especially painful because they have an incredible box just sitting there spinning wheels after 18 months. I'm playing Witcher on it ATM, and it's amazing, but the fact that we don't have Uncharted or anything at all this fall, TWO YEARS after the PS4's launch, is borderline insulting for people who bought the PS4 on blind faith.

At least with Microsoft, we got some genuinely new stuff (HoloLens, Rare's pirate game looked like it might be sweet). Sony glossing over Morpheus also doesn't fill me with confidence.

You cannot get a good demonstration of VR without putting on the device yourself, unlike Hololens from Microsoft which is something that can be visualized and demonstrated to people without needing each person to have a device on his or her head.

I also don't understand why it's insulting to not have Uncharted out yet when obviously it isn't finished. Do you expect things to magically appear? Did you forget that The Last of Us happened? Does development time mean anything to you? And if you're buying a console on blind faith for a title you're unsure will come, then that's no one's fault but your own. But it's not like Uncharted wasn't to be expected, so I don't understand how a PS4 is invalidated simply because the title is coming out later rather than sooner.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the conference. It was solid, but underwhelming for me personally.

TLG is a meh for me as I didn't like Ico or Shadow of the Colossus. No Man's Sky I'm still unsure on as I'm not big on just exploring, especially when I don't like the graphic style and worry that with everything being procedurally generated that a lot of planets will end up being bland. Shenmue 1 bored the hell out of me on Dreamcast and I never ended up finishing it. etc. etc.

FF7 remake I'm mixed on. I loved the game back in the day, but I'm not big on turn based JRPGs anymore so I'm not sure I'd enjoy it again.

Otherwise, just a bunch of games we already new about that do look awesome and the new IP from Guerilla with the robot dinosaurs looks promising. So a solid show, just didn't wow me since all the "surprises" just happened to be things that don't appeal to me personally. I'm hoping for a better showing from Nintendo as I've been playing more on 3DS and Wii U lately anyway (after being pretty much all PS4 and Vita last year/early this year).

You cannot get a good demonstration of VR without putting on the device yourself

Yeah, Oculus didn't even demo Oculus at the Oculus conference. There isn't much you can do other than say "Go try it". You can show a trailer, but it's like those trailers for HDTV's when everyone had an SDTV... can't really show you exactly why it's so good.

inner-G

Banned
Who needs exclusives this holiday when you have Fallout and Star Wars to sell your system for you?

If E3 is about creating hype and annoncing "megatons", I don't think there can be any question that this is objectively the best E3 conference of all time.

I mean.. Goddamn!!

CoolCat

I really liked Doom and was interested in PvZ2, the EA sports titles and the Destiny stuff. Trust me, there was plenty of bashing from people who couldn't separate their own preferences from the joy those brought to me, and there sure as hell wasn't any "solidarity".

Give me a break.

Sorry to hear that, but I doubt Doom got even a fraction of all the systematic FUD, goalpost moving, downplaying and "dissapointment" crap that has beeing going on in TLG/FF/Shenmue/SonyE3 threads since yesterday. Despite those games being, once again, objectively the most wanted/requested and sought after games in the gaming community.

Speak for yourself I didn't think it was exciting at all 3 old games don't impress me.

Fair enough but surely the reaction by the gaming community as a whole is enough for you to acknowledge the significance of this conference? I mean these are three of the four biggest possible gigatons in all of gaming and they were delivered in one show... Grown men cried on live streams breh.. on multiple occasions! I can't remember an E3 like this ever, it was fucking chaos.

If E3 is about creating hype and annoncing "megatons", I don't think there can be any question that this is objectively the best E3 conference of all time.

I mean.. Goddamn!!
chnjrajwwaaokitumplk.jpg

E3 always has a 'winner' declared by the various media outlets, and videogame fans - as ridiculous and arbitrary as it is. I'm pretty sure you know this though.

Don't get me wrong, Sony has clearly received the most positive response and enthusiasm of all the conferences. That's great. They announced tons of great stuff last night. They know how to E3 for sure. They are the best at what they do.

lol, pre-edit spice.

Which is why I edited it. Ain't no thing. I'll buy and play all three of those games. Just don't like the message the reaction sends. But that's just my opinion. And although it's unpopular it's not necessarily wrong.

Despite those games being, once again, objectively the most wanted/requested and sought after games in the gaming community.

By what metrics are you measuring this? Honest question. Was there some poll or other survey conducted about what people were hoping to see at E3?

Mendax

Did you miss Microsoft's conference? Halo, Tomb Raider, Forza, Gears, Fable are releasing this year. Sony showed a lot of games I want, but they're not this year.

3 of those are fake sequels by other studios than their creators and 1 is a timed exclusive that is looking more and more like a very short time exclusive..

I dont think those are gonna do much tbh

He was.

Why are you trying to impose your opinion on him?

"doesnt impress me" doesnt sound very imposing now, does it..

Euron

I hope you realize that now the only way to top this is a triple reveal of Agent/Crash Bandicoot/Half Life 3.

But no seriously Adam that was one of the best press conferences of all time. And for the record, keep doing what you're doing with the demos. As in keep filling them with actual gameplay instead of slow walking and talking with a bit of shooting at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom