• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
Another one Verendus, where would you put Dreams in this list? Platformer?
I really have told you all a bit too much.

Dreams isn't in there. I'm not even sure what genre you'd try to fit something like that in. It's not your traditional game in that sense.

I think that's me done then. You have enough to last you several years here with everything else.

Dreams isn't in there. I'm not even sure what genre you'd try to fit something like that in. It's not your traditional game in that sense.

It's not even a game really is it? More like a ridiculously powerful creation toolset you can use to make movies that you can meld together with other people's movies ( or dreams ) and then others can grab yours and reshape them and you can do the same with others. Atleast that is my take on what they are attempting. Perhaps you will be able to make games out of it.

My first dream will be a full on Colony Wars space epic battle movie. Cuz Colony Wars.

Colony Wars.

Qvoth

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New Prince of Persia
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

watwatwatwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
the only thing i don't give a shit about is ff10 spin-off
here's hoping dark cloud 3 is somewhere in that list

Chobel

I think that's me done then. You have enough to last you several years here with everything else.

Oops sorry, I deleted the list.

jayu26

The big budget Indian setting title is also next year at the earliest. I kind of expect that to get leaked at some point. So I guess that will be ruined somehow.
You guys need to go full on bollywood. A game like this needs to exist.
L7GRZy1.gif

Edit: FMV cut scenes of course.

It's not even a game really is it? More like a ridiculously powerful creation toolset you can use to make movies that you can meld together with other people's movies ( or dreams ) and then others can grab yours and reshape them and you can do the same with others. Atleast that is my take on what they are attempting. Perhaps you will be able to make games out of it.

I think of it as Project Spark, were you can make games with that game or dreams, or movies or heck idk recreating history like Roman wars or something. Guess will find out more on Paris Games Week.

lol

It doesn't matter. Not like anything can happen to me. I just meant I've said a lot. Well, at least it'll keep you busy for a long time.

Hey was Horizon the game you said was the project that Sony was taking a big risk on and if it failed they would never attempt that type of game again? I can imagine the budget for Horizon is quite large considering the scope and the tech and the high profile names being used on the project and no doubt if the city and world is fleshed out there will be a ton of voice actors and such

lol

It doesn't matter. Not like anything can happen to me. I just meant I've said a lot. Well, at least it'll keep you busy for a long time.

We really do appreciate all you have mentioned, keeps things interesting. It's not like you are leaking anything except names or genres really. The only thing we can do is imagine the rest really. Please don't go xD

Lemondish

Hey www Horizon the game you said was the project that Sony was taking a big risk on and if it failed they would never attempt that type of game again? I can imagine the budget for Horizon is quite large considering the scope and the tech and the high profile names being used on the project and no doubt if the city and world is fleshed out there will be a ton of voice actors and such

I had always thought that was in reference to a JRPG.

Elfstruck

Hey was Horizon the game you said was the project that Sony was taking a big risk on and if it failed they would never attempt that type of game again? I can imagine the budget for Horizon is quite large considering the scope and the tech and the high profile names being used on the project and no doubt if the city and world is fleshed out there will be a ton of voice actors and such

I think he said its an jrpg from studio japan. This game will be Sony's last attempt to rival final fantasy.

Chobel

The title with the Indian subcontinent setting must be new Rockstar IP, they are the only studio who experiment and take risks like this.

lol

It doesn't matter. I just meant I've said a lot. Well, at least it'll keep you busy for a long time.

Thank you for doing this!

Verendus

Banned
I think he said its an jrpg from studio japan. This game will be Sony's last attempt to rival final fantasy.
Well, seeing how FFXV has turned out, I think SCEJ/A is going to need a lot of good fortune to rival something like that.

Second place isn't too bad though. Also, I didn't say it would rival it, moreso that it's a title being made with an aim to appeal to a worldwide audience and is taking cues from FF on how to do that a little. Learn from the best and all that. I think that's a bit of a case of words evolving based on what others have said about what I said, rather than what I actually said.

Anyway, I think that's enough OT discussion for now. I'll let you all get back to talking about the Sony conference.

I had always thought that was in reference to a JRPG.

Ah yes. Did he say it was a JRPG? ARPG is pretty close.

It would be exciting to have a big budget pure JRPG from Japan Studio though. Mistwalker / SCEJ collaboration. Ooooo baby

Well, seeing how FFXV has turned out, I think SCEJ/A is going to need a lot of good fortune to rival something like that.

Second place isn't too bad though.

Anyway, I think that's enough OT discussion for now. I'll let you all get back to talking about the Sony conference.

Well fuck. This gen is going to be so damn good.

Mistwalker has dat mobile cash now. They ain't coming back to consoles.

I dunno. A mind like Sakaguchi's would be wasted on stuff like mobile card games. It makes money sure but I doubt Sakaguchi will look back on his life's work and consider that a high point. I think he would take on a project with potential in a heartbeat on consoles if it excited him and he had creative freedom.

I have a feeling we see him again this gen

My first dream will be a full on Colony Wars space epic battle movie. Cuz Colony Wars.

Colony Wars.

Yeah, Shu said you can also create games as well with the Dreams creation tools on his annual Gregg/Colin interview.

Second place isn't too bad though. Also, I didn't say it would rival it, moreso that it's a title being made with an aim to appeal to a worldwide audience and is taking cues from FF on how to do that a little. Learn from the best and all that. I think that's a bit of a case of words evolving based on what others have said about what I said, rather than what I actually said.

Yeah, I think that's a great idea.

Visceir

They have confirmed a console version for their mobile game called Terra Battle.

Sakaguchi has said that he doesn't know exactly in which direction he wants to take the console version, but it will probably still be something grid based with 3d models.

On the other side, Sakaguchi sees the possibility of teaming up with external developers to make a 3D version of the game. "That's obviously going to take a somewhat large scale development team, and time and obviously money," he says. "So that's another scenario that we would have to think about. But as of today, I'm not sure which direction we're going to go with for this console version."

Polygon article here

Reveirg

New Shadow Hearts? Say whaaaaaaaa~

I'm surprised not many people are flipping out over this.

I thought it was dead and buried. But with things like FF7R, Shenmue III, etc. popping out, I'm more inclined to believe stuff I guess.

It's easily in my top 10 favourite series of all-time.

Shu totally got me hyped with his teasing of the new Gravity Rush when he was talking about that he's played it lol.

Well, supposedly they are supposed to be at least working on a Terra Battle console thing since it passed the needed downloads they claimed. Ofcourse there's no telling what that actually will be though.

beaten

I can't see Rockstar taking a risk making an India-themed game. I think Red Dead Redemption 2 would be much more likely. The game screams Ubisoft which could be a number of things (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc) but that almost seems too likely.

New Shadow Hearts? Say whaaaaaaaa~

I'll believe it when I see it. The Shadow Hearts franchise hasn't been topical since the PS2 generation, specifically 2005. I imagine that currently it's just being prototyped, if anything, and may perhaps not see the day of light.

Reveirg

I'll believe it when I see it. The Shadow Hearts franchise has been topical since the PS2 generation, specifically 2005. I imagine that currently it's just being prototyped, if anything, and may perhaps not see the day of light.

The license holder doesn't make games anymore, and the former developer closed.

The director and artist haven't done games in a while but they have a website where they still post a bunch of artwork and stuff: http://ashandwildrose.sakura.ne.jp/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom