• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Verendus, is Shenmue 3 considered one of SCE collaboration game?

Technically, because SEGA isn't going to publish it (Yu Suzuki ask SEGA to let him use it).
I would put it in JRPG #1 since Sony are gonna support them in marketing, I would assume publishing maybe?

but idk.

Edit: Nevermind not part of the list.

Verendus

Banned
BTW Verendus, is Shenmue 3 considered one of SCE collaboration game?
Well, Sony is helping with it of course, but it's not related to anything I've mentioned (at least I hope I haven't). I'm not crazy. Shenmue is something Yu Suzuki approached us about as far as I'm aware, and that's how it kind of began. I wouldn't tease anything like that. It's dangerous. Too sensitive.

Lingitiz

Yeah I agree with that, TLOU 2 is Druckleys babby and don't think they would have the concept for that game ready, I think they will be given a year or whatever to come up with an idea whilst another couple members in the studio take up the director roles. We did not hear of mass firings when Hennig and the other guy left the studio so would have to think they have the capacity to have other employees capable of taking up the director roles.

Edit - I recall someone on this forum saying that ND already have a small group of employees working on their next big IP so yeah, I think once UC4 is out we will see a new IP and then TLOU 2 to finish off this generation.

It's a very exciting prospect that we are likely going to see Quantic Dreams next game (Beyond was a misfire though), Barlogs GOW game and maybe even GT7 by the end of this year, the first party titles shown so far have really started shaping up well.

Sony's lineup for next year's E3 is potentially insane. I assume Uncharted 4 will have already come out by that time and Horizon and TLG won't, but they could be going with GoW4, GT7, QD's new game, Sucker Punch's next game, and the aforementioned two games. They'll probably lock up Destiny 2 as well.

So Verendus is insider from Sony? Pretty high up too I imagine if he know plans for 2018 and up projects.

I hope Sony had no problem with you teasing a little here and there because you are awesome. Demonite too but he haven't tease much in awhile I think.

So Verendus is insider from Sony? Pretty high up too I imagine if he know plans for 2018 and up projects.

I hope Sony had no problem with you teasing a little here and there because you are awesome. Demonite too but he haven't tease much in awhile I think.

Like he said previously he more of a guy from the Knights of the Round Table.

But yeah, we all assume he works for Sony mainly.

Verendus

Banned

Well, generally, projects take a long time to come to fruition. For example, there is the planning, then pre-production, and full production. That all takes many years, and there can be delays, setbacks, and various issues. There are also instances where those people sit down, and want to get something done, but it becomes a matter of timing and resource, which means you have to wait.

For third party publishers, they have a similar process of course. They begin work on titles, then usually, the third party relations jabronis will have meetings with them, and they're informed about projects which are planned over the next few years. They need to know this to plan accordingly with third party publishers.

But then there's the unknown factor. Something no one can account for. That's the personal cobweb a person can have. This sometimes means you learn things happening externally even earlier than through official channels. You just don't tell anyone about it.

Verendus

Banned
Yo verendus, what are the chances of Sony touching old ips like legend of dragoon and parappa?
I don't think I know what those games are. Did they achieve a metacritic of 90+? Because I disregard all games below that mark.

In general, SCE is always keeping in mind classic games, since fans are always requesting franchises they really liked. It's just a case of what makes commercial sense, and prioritising what's most important. Not much I can say besides that, but you'll get some classics returning for sure. Just, you know, Soony.

I don't think I know what those games are. Did they achieve a metacritic of 90+? Because I disregard all games below that mark.

In general, SCE is always keeping in mind classic games, since fans are always requesting franchises they really liked. It's just a case of what makes commercial sense, and prioritising what's most important. Not much I can say besides that, but you'll get some classics returning for sure. Just, you know, Soony.

Cool, can we get an update of that games list that you teased now that some things have been revealed at e3?

Cool, can we get an update of that games list that you teased now that some things have been revealed at e3?

He already did here it is:

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG (World of Final Fantasy)
New SE console RPG IP (Setsuna)
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game (NieR)
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG (Sea of Thives)
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

Ha

If there is one game people need to ask about it is Colony Wars. Those games were pretty popular back in the day any idea why they were shelved? Nothing quite like a gorgeous space dogfighting game.

Hey V, you think since Sony is now Buddy-buddy with Activision maybe we could get a Classic Crash Bandicoot Game?

And also for extra convincing:

Metacritic of 91: Crash 3

Those 5 jrps are PlayStation exclusive right?

Yep

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Verendus, if I may ask, have these two been announced yet?:

Let's see, rumors about crash coming back, a few hints dropped about parappa around here in other threads, and spyro is dead apart from skylanders.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, if I may ask, have these two been announced yet?:
I would think both of those are announced within the next 12 months. Nice twist with one of them too.

From that post, only Dissidia has been announced which was the FF spin off which wasn't a RPG.

VF probably won't be announced until next year. XII HD should be announced sooner than that. The DQ title too, although DQXI is getting announced this year I believe so I'm not sure how they're arranging the comparably smaller announcement with that.

The big budget Indian setting title is also next year at the earliest. I kind of expect that to get leaked at some point. So I guess that will be ruined somehow.

The new exclusive title being made in Japan will probably be announced later this year. I've kind of forgotten what that looked like to be honest.

They're all 2015 and 2016 announcements basically. At worst, probably one or two fall outside of that. The rest won't.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
The big budget Indian setting title is also next year at the earliest. I kind of expect that to get leaked at some point. So I guess that will be ruined somehow.

Wow. That is amazing. India has some fascinating mythology. I'd love to se what they can do with that.

Chobel

Well, Sony is helping with it of course, but it's not related to anything I've mentioned (at least I hope I haven't). I'm not crazy. Shenmue is something Yu Suzuki approached us about as far as I'm aware, and that's how it kind of began. I wouldn't tease anything like that. It's dangerous. Too sensitive.

Thanks! So I can also assume Shenmue 3 is neither one of these
[...]

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

[...]

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

EDIT: You excluded #12 already, that leaves #8.

I would think both of those are announced within the next 12 months. Nice twist with one of them too.

From that post, only Dissidia has been announced which was the FF spin off which wasn't a RPG.

VF probably won't be announced until next year. XII HD should be announced sooner than that. The DQ title too, although DQXI is getting announced this year I believe so I'm not sure how they're arranging the comparably smaller announcement with that.

The new exclusive title being made in Japan will probably be announced later this year. I've kind of forgotten what that looked like to be honest.

They're all 2015 and 2016 announcements basically. At worst, probably one or two fall outside of that. The rest won't.

Is Dragon Quest XI a PS4 game?

Josh378

Verendus = Shu/House?

I would not be surprised....

(oh lord, please don't announce Skies of Arcadia II....my family heart can't take this much excitement.)

Do you happened to still have that list from Verendus where he listed all the games with details. I remember he said something about a big jrpg from scej that will rival FF, and a open world game set in India.

I think Chobel or JuanLatino have the full numbered list V posted. Either way I just noticed above me they are talking about what you wanted to know lol.

Hey V, you think since Sony is now Buddy-buddy with Activision maybe we could get a Classic Crash Bandicoot Game?

And also for extra convincing:

Metacritic of 91: Crash 3

Yep
I still don't think Crash as fans fondly remember (crash 1-3) would be well received nowadays unless it's small downloadable games.

At the very least, I think they had to expand it to bigger world like Jak and Daxter did. And then there's who is making it. ND is probably busy with now 2 hit IP with Uncharted and TLoU. So people will complain about who's making it, the price, whether they change too much from the old formula etc etc.

Seems more trouble for it's worth. Same with FF7r, even now we have hot debate about what will be changed although at least the story most likely stay intact and faithful. Crash had no story to leverage that. It's easier to reboot Jak and Daxter than Crash if they want to bring it back. Crash is loved for the gameplay, and the gameplay is probably the one that need to change in today's market unless you go for small download game.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

Dammmn. Chears mate.

salromano

So DQXI is PS4?

The only way to properly do a Crash reboot is by somehow getting it away from Activision an then somehow getting Rubin and Gavin to come back to direct it.

Sorry I have no interest in an Activision created Crash reboot.

Samyy

That sounds like a great idea. xD

No because its the worlds third largest religion, it would be a fucking awful idea.
I'm not religious, but my family are all Hindus and I'm getting angry just thinking about something like that.

Greek mythology is one thing, its a dead religion, you can't depict Hindu gods getting killed and stuff with so many active followers (1 billion +)

Lemondish

No because its the worlds third largest religion, it would be a fucking awful idea.
I'm not religious, but my family are all Hindus and I'm getting extremely angry just thinking about something like that.

Exactly. They should stay away from the large currently practiced religions and stick to actual mythology. Egyptian and Norse are my picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom