• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the conferences are a known quantity. We know the vast majority of what each presser will have.

MS feels like way more of an unknown quantity than Sonys.

Just look at the marketing deals aspect alone:

Far Cry 5 and Battlefront have already been significantly revealed.

vs.

Gameplay reveals of Assassin's Creed and Anthem

I'll take the latter any day over a new trailer/gameplay for the former.

Then you have Banjo teases, it being a 97+ min conference filled with games etc.

HawaiianDreads

Neo Member
If Sony wants to win they need to reveal PS5 at the Press Conf.

That might have the opposite effect really, especially to those who just bought a PS4 pro and, yes I know that's not Sony fault but that will probably leave a bad taste in people mouth and they will be hesitate to buy a Sony console in the future.

fantomena

Just look at the marketing deals aspect:

vs.

You do realize that Sony will most likely show games that have not been shown before, right?

yurinka

Traditional MH is a big Japanese game. A western MH is an unknown quanity. That game is not going to be met with positivity from most fans, see: MH: World thread.

It alone isn't enough.
If they adapt it to the western market enhacing visuals, making it open world, it's more action based and they simplify many things, maybe some fans won't like it but it will appeal way more people and will bring many new players to the brand.

And that's what they would want when moving MH5 to PS4 and PC. If MH World is this rumored MH5, the change of name would make sense with this approach because new players may think that if it's a 5th thay may need to have played the previous before, and if it has a subtitle it may be a reboot or a good point to start in the series.

The Pope

I have just sold my PS4 and PC and my entire game collection as I need the funds. I intend to buy a PS4 Pro or Scorpio later again. This E3 will be the decider.

hyperisesk9l4i.gif

Bane dies.

ianpm31

I'm hyped for the company who has been providing exclusives after exclusives because logic tells me they will show even more exclusives.

While ms has been providing a poor amount of exclusives but they are the ones who have been all talk no show. They talk the most out of Sony and Nintendo. You would think they are the market leaders with all the talking they do. But in reality they are not and they have never won a gen ever. I'm sorry but I prefer minimal talk and all show.

RedHill

Banned
I just read back the thread and saw first hand how information gets twisted. I have said nothing about SP at all. I don't know if they're there or not. The guy I talked to said "Everything else I know we've already seen" as in the games he knows about besides SotC have been announced at past e3s. I don't even know if SotC will be there this year since he's had timing off before. I'm pretty sure it's legit though because of his track record.

As for me being vetted, a mod hasn't messaged me yet. I've been pretty transparent about where I'm getting this info from so all the mods would be getting is a screenshot of the message I received from this guy we know is legit anyway.

Asd202

Arrogant Sony needs to keep being arrogant if it means their consoles get more years like 2017.

Yeah seriously. This year alone I've only played Gravity Rush 2, Horizon and Persona 5. The games I wanted to play that came out this year and are some that are coming out soon:
Resident Evil, Nier, Nioh, Yakuza, Tales of Berseria, Rev2, Tekken 7, Stormblood, FF XII. That's just first 7 months and my backlog from this year alone is gigantic. It's ridiculous how good this year has been for me software wise on PS4.

Floody

If Sony wants to win they need to reveal PS5 at the Press Conf.

Seems like a great way to shoot themselves in the foot.
"Here's all these great games we are going to be releasing within the next 2-3 years, but don't buy them on the PS4 because a PS5 will be coming soon", "How soon you say?" *Roll credits"

I'm hoping that we get some service announcement. Things like refunds, name changes, etc. I know do My will bring the games, but the network needs some love too.

Even more so with the new rumour of Ms allowing digital trade ins.

wapplew

Seems like a great way to shoot themselves in the foot.
"Here's all these great games we are going to be releasing within the next 2-3 years, but don't buy them on the PS4 because a PS5 will be coming soon", "How soon you say?" *Roll credits"

Worked for Scorpio.

RedHill

Banned
From E3 Coliseum schedule:

Square Enix
Don’t miss when Square Enix presents a live demonstration of a newly announced title being showcased at E3 2017. This was confirmed by press release to be Dissidia

Square Enix
Join the team at Square Enix for a developer showcase, revealing new details about a game that will be announced for the first time at E3 2017. This one is still unknown
This is probably life is strange

grimmiq

I find the whole "Sony has nothing to show" mentality that seems to be developing amusing with people forgetting the last 6 months of releases and the simple fact that Sony has big showings at 3 separate events compared to Microsoft's 1.

Just look at the marketing deals aspect alone:

vs.

Then you have Banjo teases, it being a 97+ min conference filled with games etc.
Nah.

Scorpio
Crackdown 3
State of Decay 2
Sea of Thieves
Minecraft
Forza 7
Assassin's Creed
Shadow of war
Anthem
Indies (Cuphead, Ashen)

We know the majority of their conference just like everyone else. It is that way every year. The ratio of things we already know about versus new things always leans toward the former. This is nothing new.

delSai

I'm hoping that we get some service announcement. Things like refunds, name changes, etc. I know do My will bring the games, but the network needs some love too.

Even more so with the new rumour of Ms allowing digital trade ins.

That can be posted on their Blog. No need to talk about this on stage.

Tonky

Building an open world new IP? Mind you, they aren't all that big either.

They could also just want the announce to release window to be smaller.
I was being sarcastic, I thought that's what the tone of the thread was at this point. That being said I still would be disappointed if they didn't show up.

Oregano

I find the whole "Sony has nothing to show" mentality that seems to be developing amusing with people forgetting the last 6 months of releases and the simple fact that Sony has big showings at 3 separate events compared to Microsoft's 1.

As someone totally not invested in the Sony ecosystem it's also quite clearly BS. Sony will have the most to show, they have for the last few years.

If they adapt it to the western market enhacing visuals, making it open world, it's more action based and they simplify many things, maybe some fans won't like it but it will appeal way more people and will bring many new players to the brand.

And that's what they would want when moving MH5 to PS4 and PC. If MH World is this rumored MH5, the change of name would make sense with this approach because new players may think that if it's a 5th thay may need to have played the previous before, and if it has a subtitle it may be a reboot or a good point to start in the series.

Hopefully that's the case. MH: World is also on Xbox.

You do realize that Sony will most likely show games that have not been shown before, right?

I'm sure. But this is more so about how much vs. known stuff. I don't think I'm characterizing this conference unfairly when I say most expect the games from last year in a bigger capacity plus third party marketing deals.

Are ppl trolling or what I can't tell. If you excited for the Microsoft conference go in that thread

Every time I peek back in here it's the same ppl with
The same shtick with concern while saying the Microsoft conference could be amazing

Drencrom

People seem to forget easily that Sony basically have two E3 confernces every year now that PSX is a thing every winter.

I mean, I played six consecutive mostly-exclusive GOTY contenders on my PS4 in the first half of this year, but what has Sony done for me lately? Fucking arrogant Sony, I swear to God.

EDIT - Well this was a dumb post to start a new page with :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom