• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

Have a feeling a CTR remastered announcement is more of a PSX thing.

Hope they don't spend too much time on 3rd parties.

3rd parties for me are up in the air. Sony had to have paid extra to have the PS4 logo flash the screens before Battlefront 2 and Fifa, I'm thinking they'll do the same with the Ubisoft titles they have marketing deals for, leaving a decent chunk for Destiny 2 without bogging down the conference with games we saw 1-2 days prior.

People seem to forget easily that Sony basically have two E3 confernces every year now that PSX is a thing every winter.

TGS too with their Japan focused titles.

I was being sarcastic, I thought that's what the tone of the thread was at this point. That being said I still would be disappointed if they didn't show up.
Goes to show how ridiculous people are being. I'm usually great at detecting sarcasm lol.

I'm sure. But this is more so about how much vs. known stuff. I don't think I'm characterizing this conference unfairly when I say most expect the games from last year in a bigger capacity plus third party marketing deals.
I'm sure you're being sarcastic now too.

crinale

It seems like Japanese retail channel people are invited to this E3.. which is quite unusual. This includes the blog guy Media Create thread refers to (more reason to believe he is indeed a company executive, given that he was also invited to DQ11 reveal in Tokyo).
I think something Japanese related will be announced indeed.

It seems like Japanese retail channel people are invited to this E3.. which is quite unusual. This includes the blog guy Media Create thread refers to (more reason to believe he is indeed a company executive, given that he was also invited to DQ11 reveal in Tokyo).
Interesting.

DQ11 west release date!

I mean, I played six consecutive mostly-exclusive GOTY contenders on my PS4 in the first half of this year, but what has Sony done for me lately? Fucking arrogant Sony, I swear to God.

EDIT - Well this was a dumb post to start a new page with :p

I believe only a couple of those even got stage presence at Sony's conference. Still sort of upset that Persona 5 wasn't given any time. Hopefully Laydens comment means showing at least 1 or 2 games in that vein rather than just squarely the western focused stuff.

Best to ignore wapplew, forever.

Goes to show how ridiculous people are being. I'm usually great at detecting sarcasm lol.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic now too.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Dq11 coming 2017 to the west(it's 2018)
Ape escape 4
Monster hunter
Kh 2.9 the last final chapter to the prologue
Boom

You mean, to the E3 in general or Sony's press?

crinale

Interesting.

DQ11 west release date!

Dq11 coming 2017 to the west(it's 2018)
Ape escape 4
Monster hunter
Kh 2.9 the last final chapter to the prologue
Boom

I doubt DQ in West may affect Japanese retail channel, so it should be something that E3 is the first reveal and yet Japanese retailers must act rather swiftly. I personally think something like KH2.9 won't be big enough?

You mean, to the E3 in general or Sony's press?

E3 in general, so it could be anything actually.

The wildest guess is the new hardware but I think that's stretching a bit too much :p

Edit: I just read that the guy said it's his second time that got invited to E3 within his rather long career, so it really may be something significant.

I think all of the lowered expectations surrounding Sony this year are a really good thing. It makes it so much easier for them to exceed expectations.

*reading thread*

18b.jpg

Elandyll

Banned
Go ask Xbox fans in E3 thread.
They're over hyping each other, sometimes to hilarious results.

I mean, we had people rejoicing over Anthem's XBox exclusivity after it was announced as Multiplat, and now I just saw someone predicting a Persona release exlusive for XBox.

Unless Spencer announces Scorpio at $299, with 10 third party exclusives (with Splinter Cell) and 5 new 1st party huge titles including Banjo, Battletoad, Perfect Dark Zero and others... There's bound to be disappointments it seems.

The after show will be interesting tonight, while the complete lockdown on Sony's part is weird I have to admit.

Not a single usual "insider", even the ones​ not banned. Shinobi, Zhuge or even Tidux are not saying anything on twitter either...
Heck even Matt hasn't posted a single time here afaik, spending all his time in the XBox thread, like he his avoiding us, but I'm pretty sure he used to be interested in Playstation things no?

Frostman

This thread has turned weird.

Sony has had a run of great E3's, and they have some fantastic partners. The run will continue, and they will be just fine.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Go ask Xbox fans in E3 thread.

until the very last second when the Scorpio is actually real, people will continue to project onto it whatever their hopes and dreams are. They did the same before it was revealed to be a jaguar with scorpio being the great white hope for 60fps, and they did the same with ps pro before it was fully revealed.

The absence of first party games would normally be a sign of worry, but people waiting for scorpio have twisted that into a whole 'MS holding back the big guns for the Scorpio reveal', despite them not having very many games to announce last year either.

Scorpio looks to be a great machine, and clearly will be the best place to play multiplatform console games - assuming you don't already have a bunch of friends on PSN or a lot of digital games keeping you on Playstation. But whenever there is a hardware reveal there is always a come-down phase..

They're over hyping eah othr, sometime to hilarious results.

I mean, we had people rejoicing over Anthem's Box exclusivity after it was announced as Multiplat, and now I just saw someone predicting a Persona release exlusive for Box.

Unless Spencer announces Scorpio at $299, with 10 third party exclusives (with Splinter Cell) and 5 new 1st party huge titles including Banjo, Battletoad, Perfect Dark Zero and others... There's bound to be disappointments.

The after show will be interesting tonight, while the complete lockdown on Sony's part is weird I have to admit.

Not a single usual "insider", even the ones​ not banned, Shinobi, Zhuge or even Tidux not saying anything on twitter...
Heck even Matt hasn't posted a single time here afaik, spending all his time in the Bo thread, like he his avoiding us, but I'm pretty sure he used to be interested in Playstation things no?

I dunno. Lots have bought into the MS PR/narrative that Scorpio will be above $399. It seems that MS wanted their base to believe $399 is a megaton and they've seemingly succeeded on that via word usage such as premium etc.

Seems to be one guaranteed megaton for the base (but not really because the console was always going to be $399). Should be fun to see the post-conference results regardless, reminds me of the first PSX thread in a lot of ways lol.

black070

They're over hyping each other, sometime to hilarious results.

I mean, we had people rejoicing over Anthem's XBox exclusivity after it was announced as Multiplat, and now I just saw someone predicting a Persona release exlusive for XBox.

Unless Spencer announces Scorpio at $299, with 10 third party exclusives (with Splinter Cell) and 5 new 1st party huge titles including Banjo, Battletoad, Perfect Dark Zero and others... There's bound to be disappointments it seems.

Not a single usual "insider", even the ones​ not banned. Shinobi, Zhuge or even Tidux are not saying anything on twitter either...
Heck even Matt hasn't posted a single time here afaik, spending all his time in the XBox thread, like he his avoiding us, but I'm pretty sure he used to be interested in Playstation things no?

Haha, that was me just having some fun. :p

I missed the opening fun opening gifs part of the thread and have gotten to the depressing denial and anxious part. :(
It's only like three ppl we could get it back. I mean I can probably fill this thread up with add me posts if I make a train but don't nobody wanna do all that there's a reason they are(were?) banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom