• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The behavior of some is just embarrassing lord lol people expect every year for Sony to just drops bombs? Don't play yourself. The show could show stuff we already know about and give it a release date and it would still be good a show.

Yea, I know we are ignoring nintendo, but they are always the one that sneaks in big title in development with that 30 seconds segment.

Man, I was super excited for Nintendos spotlight at one time. Even more than Sonys. But I believe they said it's 2017 focused, and that just killed my interest. Still hoping they do a few 2018+ announcements, namely, Metroid. But I'm not expecting it.

Going into the next few days expecting only Sony and Bethesda to really deliver.

If Layden does something like that it needs to be an obscure reference to a particular game. Not something that's instantly recognizable like Crash, Kratos, or a Wipeout logo.
Haha I know who Shaun Layden is. It was actually in the Bethesda conference last year. A guy in the front row kept changing shirts. It caused quite a buzz when I was just a lurker last year haha. So glad I can actually post this year!
Both, lots of games announced/leaked and more to come still.
At the end of the day, one can't help but be amazed by the output this? generation.
Even outside of E3 games get announced by the dozen, it's really crazy to me.
Yeah I agree. I think output has slowed a little from Studio to Studio but quality of the output has been insane. Just GOTY contenders over and over again.

Shawn Layden with Spyro t-shirt.

Tears will be shed.
Imagine the reactions. But this time it's actually just a troll for real and it ends up being a half life 3 situation.

UpwindPoet24

Neo Member
Man, the Xbox and PS threads are night and day in terms of tone. Everyone is so hyped and having a good time over there and all I see here is anxiety. What's going on guys?

MattAces

Man, I was super excited for Nintendos spotlight at one time. Even more than Sonys. But I believe they said it's 2017 focused, and that just killed my interest. Still hoping they do a few 2018+ announcements, namely, Metroid.

But I'm not expecting it. Going into the next few days expecting only Sony and Bethesda to really deliver.

Right!? I'm going to be pretty pissed if they waste another 10 or 20 minutes on Splatoon 2 or Arms, which got 2 freaking directs recently. Only redeeming factor is a MHXX 2017 NA date and just go beyond 2017 announcement. We're halfway through 2017, why are they limiting themselves.

Haha I know who Shaun Layden is. It was actually in the Bethesda conference last year. A guy in the front row kept changing shirts. It caused quite a buzz when I was just a lurker last year haha. So glad I can actually post this year!

Oh, I thought you were referring to Layden wearing shirts of certain games at conferences. Although I think that's mainly at PSX rather than E3. It's more laid back compared to E3 where he's in suits.

Man, the Xbox and PS threads are night and day in terms of tone. Everyone is so hyped and having a good time over there and all I see here is anxiety. What's going on guys?
🤷🏽*♂️
Scorpio talk vs video games we've pretty much talked about our games to the ground I suppose

strafer

He better walk out with a Croc shirt.

Loved that game.

51943-Croc_-_Legend_of_the_Gobbos_(E)-2.jpg

panda-zebra

Banned

We're all too busy attempting to trade in our unwanted ps4s and Pros while we can still get a few meagre pennies for them.

Where's this Shadow of the Colossus Remake chatter coming from? I've browsed the last 20 pages or so but can't really find where it all started? What's the specific source for that -- any of you know?

MattAces

Can someone sneak into Layden's closet to check the upcoming game list?

Where's this Shadow of the Colossus Remake chatter coming from? I've browsed the last 20 pages or so but can't really find where it all started? What's the specific source for that -- any of you know?

Started from someone receiving a reddit message, that person who sent the message predicted Dead Don't Ride before Shinobi. I believe it's this guy. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=609401

I think Sony will have two conferences, literally back to back, this year.

You mean with the pre-show?

That's because if most posters that are not fully on board Xbox post there, they get dogpiled on. Happened a while back and I bailed on the thread precisely because of it. A couple of the fanboys that have never seen a sales chart in their life go crazy on you and start debating from a naive point of view.

Matt the dev also got dogpiled hard the past few days.

Right!? I'm going to be pretty pissed if they waste another 10 or 20 minutes on Splatoon 2 or Arms, which got 2 freaking directs recently. Only redeeming factor is a MHXX 2017 NA date and just go beyond 2017 announcement. We're halfway through 2017, why are they limiting themselves.

Yep. They don't really need to sell me on 2017 if I bought a Switch already, especially knowing Mario is coming. But 2018? I wish they'd take a page out of Sony's book.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Show opens with:

4 minutes of orchestra, blank screen
5 minute God of War gameplay. Isn't downgraded but people start saying it anyway because why not.
3 minutes of Shawn Layden talking about inclusive cinematic holistic experiences.
3 minutes of sales numbers. They're good but not really.
10 minutes CoD
10 minutes Destiny 2 (Activision block, so now the biggest games of the year are covered but people are unhappy about that)
30 minute live gameplay demo of Days Gone. Features include custom neck tattoo generator and M14A gun color tool.
10 minutes Wonderbook 2
20 minute indie showcase. By far the best game on display is an action RPG called "Wonderwall" and it wins Game of the Show from everyone. Posters now shitting furiously about how indie games are not really games.
5 minute speech from Shu about Monster Hunter, but no footage shown
20 minutes more of Days Gone
1 minutes of Fumito Ueda walking across the stage but not doing or saying anything

that's it

MattAces

Show opens with:

4 minutes of orchestra, blank screen
5 minute God of War gameplay. Isn't downgraded but people start saying it anyway because why not.
3 minutes of Shawn Layden talking about inclusive cinematic holistic experiences.
3 minutes of sales numbers. They're good but not really.
10 minutes CoD
10 minutes Destiny 2 (Activision block, so now the biggest games of the year are covered but people are unhappy about that)
30 minute live gameplay demo of Days Gone. Features include custom neck tattoo generator and M14A gun color tool.
10 minutes Wonderbook 2
20 minute indie showcase. By far the best game on display is an action RPG called "Wonderwall" and it wins Game of the Show from everyone. Posters now shitting furiously about how indie games are not really games.
5 minute speech from Shu about Monster Hunter, but no footage shown
20 minutes more of Days Gone
1 minutes of Fumito Ueda walking across the stage but not doing or saying anything

that's it

I laughed pretty hard at that Days Gone demo. But I'm really excited for Days Gone. As long as Sony conference is getting that drumming band for opening from EA Play, I'm good.

Floody

Didn't watch EA's conference so might have missed it, but did Amy Hennig's Star Wars game show up? Really wanna see that and Sony seem to have everything Star Wars, be a nice surprise if they show that instead of more Battlefront 2, which I've already seen too much off.

MattAces

Didn't watch EA's conference so might have missed it, but did Amy Hennig's Star Wars game show up? Really wanna see that and Sony seem to have everything Star Wars, be a nice surprise if they show that instead of more Battlefront 2, which I've already seen too much off.

Nope, they confirmed there will be no showing in any conference too.

Loudninja

Her game wont be at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom