• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm not sure what people are expecting. Nothing Sony will announce is going to beat a new hardware unveiling from MS. I mean, sure, it would be nice to see Sony counter the Scorpio with more than a shoulder shrug, but they don't really need to do much else right now. Lets see how successful the Scorpio is in a year and how Sony expects to respond. I hope the Scorpio is successful enough that SOny continues on the same route, making a more powerful version of the base hardware, rather than starting from scratch.

Midas

:lol

You guys are starting to act crazy. Take it easy and relax. In a few hours Microsoft will reveal Scorpio and its games, which probably will be awesome. And tomorrow? Time for Sony. Just enjoy it!

wapplew

I'm not sure what people are expecting. Nothing Sony will announce is going to beat a new hardware unveiling from MS. I mean, sure, it would be nice to see Sony counter the Scorpio with more than a shoulder shrug, but they don't really need to do much else right now. Lets see how successful the Scorpio is in a year and how Sony expects to respond. I hope the Scorpio is successful enough that SOny continues on the same route, making a more powerful version of the base hardware, rather than starting from scratch.

I don't like this, not one bit.

Shin

Banned
A lot of games shown/revealed and/or leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation/videos plus the list below (not sure if I'm missing something).

Evil Within 2
Fifa 18
NFL 18?
Anthem
BF2
Dragonball Fighters
Monster Hunter World
NBA Live 18

Not to mention the whole list people have been posting from with Spider-man and the likes.
Makes you wonder how much more is left to be revealed, that's a lot of freaking games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation/videos plus the list below (not sure if I'm missing something).

Evil Within 2
Fifa 18
NFL 18?
Anthem
BF2
Dragonball Fighters
Monster Hunter World
NBA Live 18

Not to mention the whole list people have been posting from with Spider-man and the likes.
Makes you wonder how much more is left to be revealed, that's a lot of freaking games.
You do realise 99% come from other conferences right? What has leaked from the Sony camp? Stop worrying. We still have a lot of conferences left as well.

Sony is so quiet and also making the presentation longer. Is going to be a good E3

Is there a confirmation?

A 90 min conference would immediately shoot my hype up into the stratosphere. I want them triple back to back 10-15 min GoW/Spiderman/Days Gone demos.

Edit: ^ MH: World is from Sonys.

Go ask Xbox fans in E3 thread.

So basically, the people who are already invested in Xbox One are excited about a midlife refresh, that will play the same games as the excellent cheaper model.

I don't know how you define "work", but mediocre global sales and fan excitement isn't a very good barometer for success.

Loudninja

Evil Within 2
Fifa 18
NFL 18?
Anthem
BF2
Dragonball Fighters
Monster Hunter World
NBA Live 18

E3 has many games announced each year that's a drop in the bucket.

Is there a confirmation?

A 90 min conference would immediately shoot my hype up into the stratosphere. I want them triple back to back 10-15 min GoW/Spiderman/Days Gone demos.

Edit: ^ MH: World is from Sonys.
Really? No way haha. But even so that's just one game. Literally a drop in the ocean to what Sony will show and announce tomorrow.

Why would I be worried and about what exactly?
You made this part:

"Not to mention the whole list people have been posting from with Spider-man and the likes.
Makes you wonder how much more is left to be revealed, that's a lot of freaking games."

Seem like you were worried too many in announced games had been shown or leaked. So naturally I told you to stop worrying, there's still gonna be a ton of games to announce and show.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Are you genuinely kidding?
Hardware is just a means to an end. And that end is playing games.

If we boil it down, this is Microsoft showing their mid-gen refresh just like Sony did last year.
It's no different, only the numbers are obviously higher because there's been more than a year between the two systems.

In the end it'll likely be just as meaningless as the PS4 Pro turned out to be last year. The excitement happens squarely on the software end of the industry. It always has.

Fhtagn

The only game that would keep Sony in the E3 spotlight after the Scorpio reveal is Bloodborne 2.

As a dedicated Souls fan for whom BB is second only to Dark Souls, BB 2 is the last thing I want. From Software has a terrible record of sequels recently.

New From game with its own twist would make me 1000x more excited than a sequel.

Things predicted not at Sony's E3 (that may have been predicted to be at some point):
KHIII
Death Stranding
From Soft's new ARPG (according to Killer Queen)

Things predicted at Sony's E3:
Destiny 2
CoD: WWII
Battlefront II
FIFA 18
Far Cry 5
Spiderman
Day's Gone
God of War III
Gran Turismo Sport
Sucker Punch's new IP
Shadow of the Colossus Remake (according to RedHill)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Crash Bandicoot (pre-show)
Major SSM VR Game

Am I missing anything?
Not this year

_Ryo_

I think people that arent invested already with Xbox One will not care much about scorpio by itself. It would need to have new, exclusive games and personally for me since Microsoft is all in on GaaS the scorpio is already DOA for me.

Not this year

He said it predicted NOT to be there this E3.

Yeah, that's the crazy part of it.
Ah ok, I think your wording in your original post was a little off or something. Didn't realise you meant "wow and there's even more to announce"! Rather than "loads of games have been leaked or shown, makes you wonder how many more they can show".

Thats how I read it, but I understand the confusion now haha.

bombshell

Suposedly 20 to 30 míns more than last year.

Really? If so, that's nice. Where did you see/hear it?

Also keep in mind Sony is also hosting their own 1 hour pre-show this year, which will have news (smaller than the conference itself of course).
We'll have coverage and news from 1am BST, so if you want to get all the details first, we'd recommend tuning in then.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...t-e3-2017-what-where-and-when/#comment-762019

I think people that arent invested already with Xbox One will not care much about scorpio by itself. It would need to have new, exclusive games and personally for me since Microsoft is all in on GaaS the scorpio is already DOA for me.

He said it predicted NOT to be there this E3.
Oh, whoops my bad. I just woke up and im a little slow.

delSai

IIRC they showed off Pyre, Bound and Hawken during their pre-show last year. I'm sure something is missing.

Edit: ABZU and Watch Dogs 2 are the ones missing i think

Drencrom

As a dedicated Souls fan for whom BB is second only to Dark Souls, BB 2 is the last thing I want. From Software has a terrible record of sequels recently.

New From game with its own twist would make me 1000x more excited than a sequel.

This

Bloodborne is probably my favourite game this gen but I don't want a sequel either

Elandyll

Banned
The only game that would keep Sony in the E3 spotlight after the Scorpio reveal is Bloodborne 2.

Scorpio has already been "revealed" twice (last E3 and the DF tech reveal), and is fully expected by sane people to be $399.
So ... Sony -already- having a huge stock of exclusives to present with release dates, and a ton of big titles to showcase, no, as much as I would love to see it, BB2 is not "needed".

I expect From at Sony's conference though, even if only for a remaster, but also possibly for the rumored "Aztec spiritual successor" to BB2 (if not BB2 itself).

Frankly the MS marketing makes me think they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at the wall knowing that until the end of this gen it's their last best hope to remain at the forefront of -US- news and competing in sales with the market leader before Q1 2019 rolls in.

WW though? It's been over for a while.

MattAces

Again, I don't want to be Mr Spiderman stopping your train, but why is hardware reveal so exciting for you? I get that if you are excited for GAMES revealing during the hardware reveal, but wow, people are treating Scorpio as the second coming of god.

Scorpio has already been "revealed" twice (last E3 and the DF tech reveal), and is fully expected by sane people to be $399.
So ... Sony -already- having a huge stock of exclusives to present with release dates, and a ton of big titles to showcase, no, as much as I would love to see it, BB2 is not "needed".

I expect From at Sony's conference though, even if only for a remaster, but also possibly for the rumored "Aztec spiritual successor" to BB2 (if not BB2 itself).

Frankly the MS marketing makes me think they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at the wall knowing that until the end of this gen it's their last best hope to remain at the forefront of -US- news and competing in sales with the market leader before Q1 2019 rolls in.

WW though? It's been over for a while.

What's kinda funny is that despite the MS conference being 97+ minutes, you know a lot of that is going to be talk as well. They could probably hit their typical 90 minutes if they did less talk and more show.

It's partly the reason why I'd be super excited for even a 15 minute bump for Sony's conference vs. last year because it just means so many more games.

Shin

Banned
Ah ok, I think your wording in your original post was a little off or something. Didn't realise you meant "wow and there's even more to announce"! Rather than "loads of games have been leaked or shown, makes you wonder how many more they can show".

Thats how I read it, but I understand the confusion now haha.

Both, lots of games announced/leaked and more to come still.
At the end of the day, one can't help but be amazed by the output this? generation.
Even outside of E3 games get announced by the dozen, it's really crazy to me.

MattAces

What's kinda funny is that despite the MS conference being 97+ minutes, you know a lot of that is going to be talk as well. They could probably hit their typical 90 minutes if they did less talk and more show.

It's partly the reason why I'd be super excited for even a 15 minute bump for Sony's conference vs. last year because it just means so many more games.

Yea, I know we are ignoring nintendo, but they are always the one that sneaks in big title in development with that 30 seconds segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom