• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elios83

Im excited to see if RDR2 have any exlusive marketing deal.

It was already announced that they have a marketing deal with Sony for this game.

About the Sony conference I have a feeling that Spiderman could steal the show.
But I'm also really looking forward to see things like Shenmue 3 first trailer + Shenmue 1-2 HD remasters, FFVIIR new trailer, RDR2 premiere, Detroit release date, Death Stranding first gameplay trailer and of course GOW and TLOU2.
Big surprises could be a new partnership game with From Software (Bloodborne 2 or new project) and a new big Capcom announcement.
Oh and the new Sucker Punch game.

Endo Punk

Sucker Punch I believe iterated on the engine they had while Guerilla was simultaneously working on Decima and Horizon and Shadowfall. There is absolutely zero chance we won't see Sucker Punch's new game and I'm sure it's very far long in development.

So much hype around Spidy.

I hope it isnt the same result as the movie(s). Every movie trailer gets a shitload of hype then the movie releases and everybody is dissapointed.
It's from Insomniac. So chances are very, very good that the game will be awesome. Their track record is very good, especially when it comes down to PlayStation-exclusives.

So much hype around Spidy.

I hope it isnt the same result as the movie(s). Every movie trailer gets a shitload of hype then the movie releases and everybody is dissapointed.

Yeah but the new movie has Marvel Studio's working on it this time, not just Sony and is part of the MCU, so the quality should be much better than the previous movies.

I'm sure this game will be decent too, Insomniac is a good developer, so the game should be in good hands, unlike the the last few Spider-man games which were pretty disappointing.

Cyborg

Yeah but the new movie has Marvel Studio's working on it this time, not just Sony and is part of the MCU, so the quality should be much better than the previous movies.

I'm sure this game will be decent too, Insomniac is a good developer, so the game should be in good hands, unlike the the last few Spider-man games which were pretty disappointing.

I know but decent wont do here well. The hype is just so high that ''decent'' wont be enough.

I know but decent wont do here well. The hype is just so high that ''decent'' wont be enough.

Hype always leads to disappointment because a lot of people seem to expect far too much, that's why I try not to get to hyped myself. I'm looking forward to the game though, it looked great from that first bit of footage and I normally enjoy Insomniac's games.

We might possibly get another big actor in Death Stranding.
daVWOKL.png

There's so much wrong with this post. First off, SP is a medium size studio compared to the likes of Sony Japan, ND, GG and SSM. Guerilla Games took 5 years to ship Horizon and it is a studio with more than 200+ employees. Making a new game isn't easy. Pre-production probably takes a few months and then building prototypes to test out the gameplay and such would take a decent amount of time considering the small work force at SP. Once they nailed down the gameplay, they would need time to build the world around it. And if it's an open world game, it would take a lot of time to polish it.

One of the main complaint people had about Infamous SS was it felt rushed and unfinished. So why do you want SP to rush it now? As much as I'd like them to show their game, I dont care if it's at this year E3, PSX or next year. Saying they should shut down their project because it's taking a long time is nonsense.

Dude, don't post on gaf if your sarcasm meter is broken. Take a look at the FULL post n which I quoted. If it ain't ready, it ain't ready. I don't need you to tell me about game development cycles. But if the game is in full production for 2 years now, at least, they can show a trailer showcasing the game, which I think will happen. I want SP to rush it?😂

Yes, my responses are bolded in parenthesis.

Sucker Punch released First Light in August 2014. By the time their new IP went into full production, I would guess early 2015. Guerrilla Games took five years to first show Horizon. No need to show off a game that might not even be halfway finished. New IP + open world + AAA = at least four to six years of development. It's been two and a half at best and even if you want to say three, they could still be two years away not including any potential delays. They don't need to shut anything down. Let them take their time and show it when it's ready to be shown and close to release as opposed to two years out.

I don't even think that GG will be at E3 let alone show off their DLC which im assuming will become a standalone expansion ala Uncharted TLL. Horizon literally released three months ago. I don't want to see some stupid rushed CG trailer ala Kojima. Like Sucker Punch, they don't need to show it off. Besides, the rumored PS4 Pro Horizon NA bundle being released first and foremost would be a better idea as it would create momentum going into PSX. Showing a CG trailer now among the many that will be gameplay does nothing for me personally. Just see PSX in December as the earliest it gets shown.

I think Days Gone will be in February 2018 and God of War in March 2018. Doubtful we get a release date for Detroit as I see it as September 2018 at the earliest. Dreams beta this year is a good bet with the actual game being released in the summer of 2018 with PSVR support.

Just want Kojima to go away and develop the game instead of wasting all this extra time on meaningless crap. And I still say his game is September 2020 at the earliest.

Spider Man movie is this July. The game is not coming until summer 2018 at the earliest. Sony is NOT going to release during the fall/holidays so it can get crushed. Insomniac is great but they only started on Spider Man fully after R&C released. Open world AAA with Marvel wanting it to actually be good equals another year at the very least. I'm expecting a solid gameplay video at E3 though with the official title.

The only reason I even mentioned ND was to compare AAA game release to eventual dlc. ND had Multiplayer to tend too + ULL + TLOU: Pll. GG has one single game to focus on and can release dlc by the end of the year. CAN, not will. Don't know why you think it'll be a standalone game like LL.

And as far as Horizons development goes, a big chunk of that time went to building the Decima engine for the game. And AFAIK, SP isn't doing that.

I know it's e3, but y'all trippin. Of course I don't want them to shut nothing down.

Who knows when they'll release all these damn games. But the awareness of a new, dope ass, original Spider-man game is there. If it ends up being great and gets good scores, it wouldn't matter when it released, imo.

...and leave Kojima alone, he just excited to be working again with some actual freedom.😡
..don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing.

I wonder the the production budget for Death Stranding is..any ideas? Sony footing the whole bill?

It's gonna be huge lol, more than 50 millions easily: big actors, open world, great graphics (even if the engine is already done thanks to Guerilla Games)...

Cumberbatch would be a great addition, he's a good actor.

gosoxtim

2018 for FF7 would be perfectly fine - 2017 was the earliest anybody could have expected.
Kingdom Hearts tough? Well Square Enix never learns.

they better not say a single world about XVI before its very far in production
kh3 will come out in 2018 either before ff7 or after ff7

Death Stranding showing any kind of substantial gameplay would be much appreciated.

There is a very high percentage it will. This will be the third trailer for it and it would be not wise to not show gameplay this time. Check Kojima trailer history and you can expect this trailer to contain gameplay.

It is extremely odd that other than Pokemon Stars, Mario Rabbids, or new Death stranding characters, there has been no leaks or heavy rumors to this point.

Zukkoyaki

I'm not convinced Death Stranding is out of the pre-production and prototyping phase yet. I like Kojima but being optimistic of his development timeline feels I'll-advised to me.

ViciousDS

Banned
Sucker Punch is not a large AAA studio. They maxed out to about 100 people during Second Son. I would not be surprised if they're still not ready to show their next game.

which is amazing because second son is still one of the best looking games this gen.

fucking love the particle effects......such a pretty game.

I really do hope we get another infamous game, I really thought second son was such a step in the right direction. The gameplay felt great, the game was a launch window game and for how good it looked it still ran in the mid 40-50's in framerate.......that engine is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom