• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffram

I think we get an amazing show this year. Not a ton of reveals but games will look incredible

Here's how I think it will go:

Open:
Sucker punch game demo

3rd party:
Red dead redemption 2 demo
Big 3rd party exclusive announced
Breather game
Call of duty WW2 demo
Destiny 2 exclusive content trailer
Housemarque game
Battlefront 2 trailer
Shenmue 3 trailer + 1&2 remaster announced
Final fantasy 7 remake trailer plus release date

PSVR:
Dreams
New game
Google earth
Sizzle reel

AAA 1st party section:
Spider-man demo, release date
GT sport trailer
Death stranding trailer
Horizon DLC demo, release date
Uncharted trailer
Detroit trailer, release date
Days gone trailer
God of war demo, release date

Closer:
Blood borne 2 trailer

gosoxtim

I think we get an amazing show this year. Not a ton of reveals but games will look incredible

Open:
Sucker punch game demo

3rd party:
Breather game
Call of duty WW2 demo
Housemarque game
Battlefront 2 trailer

PSVR:
Dreams
New game
Google earth
Sizzle reel

AAA 1st party section:
GT sport trailer
Death stranding trailer
Uncharted trailer
Days gone trailer

Closer:
Blood borne 2 trailer
a lot of good gueses but me personaly i dont we see ff7remake trailer with realse date there i think psx would be my best guess i think sqaure focus would be on kh3

Open:
Sucker punch game demo

3rd party:
Breather game
Call of duty WW2 demo
Housemarque game
Battlefront 2 trailer

PSVR:
Dreams
New game
Google earth
Sizzle reel

AAA 1st party section:
GT sport trailer
Death stranding trailer
Uncharted trailer
Days gone trailer

Closer:
Blood borne 2 trailer

There's no way we get a FFVIIR release date.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
GETTING CLOSER!

3 weeks!

tumblr_nesdg04ljx1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

delSai

I'm so ready for more Spidey. I have high hopes for SPs game as well, looove Infamous, i hope whatever they're working on now can impress me.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Open:
Sucker punch game demo (everyone's expecting but im going in the opposite direction and saying that it won't be at the show at all)

3rd party:
Red dead redemption 2 demo (agree, 2018 release year at end of video)
Big 3rd party exclusive announced (probably Shenmue remaster collection)
Breather game (probable)
Call of duty WW2 demo (100%)
Destiny 2 exclusive content trailer (100%)
Housemarque game (agree, I think they show Matterfall, not Nex Machina)
Battlefront 2 trailer (100%)
Shenmue 3 trailer + 1&2 remaster announced (lmao...no chance for Shenmue III, remaster is likely for 2018 with Shenmue III being 2019 imo)
Final fantasy 7 remake trailer plus release date (nope...FFVIIR is late 2018 at the earliest, more likely 2019...episodic will kill this game...SE should hopefully wake up and realize this)

PSVR:
Dreams (100% and you get a beta date is my guess)
New game (third party probably but not from first parties as inside Sony, it's already dead until PS5)
Google earth (wtf???)
Sizzle reel (probable and very short segment)

AAA 1st party section:
Spider-man demo, release date (very likely, summer 2018 at the earliest)
GT sport trailer (definitely with a November 2017 release date)
Death stranding trailer (very likely even though I wish Kojima goes the fuck away)
Horizon DLC demo, release date (no chance whatsoever, PSX is more likely with a mid 2018 release at the earliest...still wish they would go straight to the sequel for the end of PS4's life cycle instead)
Uncharted trailer (guaranteed)
Detroit trailer, release date (yes but no release date)
Days gone trailer (yes, February 2018 is my guess)
God of war demo, release date (yes, march 2018)

Closer:
Blood borne 2 trailer (nope)

My guesses in bolded parenthesis. You forgot Knack 2 which is guaranteed since it's a 2017 release. Crash trilogy will definitely be part of the Activision segment and will be it's final push. Also expecting a short indie montage and of the "lesser" games that were pre-E3 like PaRappa, Wipeout, etc. in the hopes of getting some extra visibility and possible sales.

Lady Gaia

An all-digital console is certainly getting closer to being a mainstream success. I could see a transitional release of a system with no internal optical drive plus an optional external drive for loading physical media. Retailers could load content for you or groups of friends could share one external drive, or you could just go 100% digital.

I definitely don't see a portable system with spinning media ever again. Too bulky, fragile, and battery unfriendly. I won't be shocked if there is a new portable in the cards at some point, but it'll be part of a console family rather than having a unique architecture requiring dedicated development efforts. Could it be a future PS4 Portable when the tech is low power enough? Sure. It could also be that the PS5 family is designed from the outset to scale up to a PS5 Pro — and down to a PS5 Portable.

DeaDPo0L84

An all-digital console is certainly getting closer to being a mainstream success. I could see a transitional release of a system with no internal optical drive plus an optional external drive for loading physical media. Retailers could load content for you or groups of friends could share one external drive, or you could just go 100% digital.

I definitely don't see a portable system with spinning media ever again. Too bulky, fragile, and battery unfriendly. I won't be shocked if there is a new portable in the cards at some point, but it'll be part of a console family rather than having a unique architecture requiring dedicated development efforts. Could it be a future PS4 Portable when the tech is low power enough? Sure. It could also be that the PS5 family is designed from the outset to scale up to a PS5 Pro — and down to a PS5 Portable.

I would buy instantly. I got away from disc just under a year ago and never want to go back.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
An all-digital console is certainly getting closer to being a mainstream success. I could see a transitional release of a system with no internal optical drive plus an optional external drive for loading physical media.

Fuck no. I won't purchase that.

Simo

What do people think about Red Dead 2, 2017 or delayed?

Team 2017.

Game has been in development since 2013. Its the worst kept secret and then Rockstar announces it with a trailer advertising a release window and preorders are open, something I don't recall Rockstar ever doing in the past. Take Two's CEO Strauss Zelnick went on CNN 2 weeks after the announcement and seemed pretty committed and confident it was releasing in 2017.

So that and then the weird Easy Allies leak thing yesterday...I'm hoping it's 2017. The weird thing is Take Two rescheduled their investors call on Tuesday from their usual afternoon spot to the morning before the markets open. Could there be some big announcement coming like the release date?

Also worth noting, and not just for RDR2, that it was around this time we started seeing our first E3 posters and billboards. :) Hotel Figueroa starts their art a week before E3 and its been a constant spot for Rockstar titles.

pixelation

Am i alone in thinking that nothing will top God of War graphics wise speaking this E3?, regardless of platform existing or upcoming?, Santa Monica Studio is just too good.

Am i alone in thinking that nothing will top God of War graphics wise speaking this E3?, regardless of platform existing or upcoming?, Santa Monica Studio is just too good.

Probably, but I guess we're not 100% certain TLOU part II wont be at E3.

Edit: I meant you're probably right, not that you're probably alone. Also I forgot about Scorpio during my post...if any team has had a decent amount of time with the hardware they could possibly steal GOW's crown.

Hellshy.

PlayStation Vita, PSTV (both products) and PSVR seem to be something they talk up, launch then do nothing of note with after some time.

They released a vr game not long ago and Far point + aim controller only last week. I think if people want them to support the products they should give them a chance instead of making claims they already are doing nothing with said product which does nothing to help the success of that product and in return could contribute to the decline in support. As a PSVR owner I want the thing to sell bc that is what will keep the support coming .

I'd be very surprised if anything did top it, even on Scorpio, only The Last of Us 2 has a chance to look better really. GoW just looks incredible and Sony always seems to have the best looking exclusives, thanks to having some of the best developers in the business.

yurinka

Actually, rumors say a new PS4 (tablet or handheld) will be announced at E3, and it will run native PS4 games. What do people think?
I think it's possible but would be too expensive for most people.

But a tablet that runs all PS4 digital games using a DS4 or a Switch-like split DS4 (as Sony patented before Switch was announced) and doesn't require to develop for it -it just runs PS4 games without needing tweaks from devs- would be great. Even more if when plugged to tv runs at 1080p and gives you digital versions of retail games you already have.

It would suck to don't have physical games for this but it would suck even more to have retail games in both cards and BlueRay (card would be too expensive considering that unlike in Switch a lot of PS4 game take around 50GB).

Bandit1

Team 2017.

TEAM 2017 / GOTY 2017

2017! Believe!

Team 2017.

Game has been in development since 2013. Its the worst kept secret and then Rockstar announces it with a trailer advertising a release window and preorders are open, something I don't recall Rockstar ever doing in the past. Take Two's CEO Strauss Zelnick went on CNN 2 weeks after the announcement and seemed pretty committed and confident it was releasing in 2017.

So that and then the weird Easy Allies leak thing yesterday...I'm hoping it's 2017. The weird thing is Take Two rescheduled their investors call on Tuesday from their usual afternoon spot to the morning before the markets open. Could there be some big announcement coming like the release date?

Also worth noting, and not just for RDR2, that it was around this time we started seeing our first E3 posters and billboards. :) Hotel Figueroa starts their art a week before E3 and its been a constant spot for Rockstar titles.

I'm with you guys. I feel like it's coming this year. It's been 3 years since they have released anything. It'll be Fall 2017 and it will be amazing.

Dynomutt

This E3 is so important for Sony moving forward.

1.) Hardware Identity: Will Sony go with their current PS4/Pro/VR setup or will they introduce new hardware?

2.) PSN: Is Sony going to continue this bolt on method or will they truly implement QoS changes to improve quality.

3.) Eco-system: PS4 was arguably a saving grace for Sony literally and figuratively. It also allowed some to start taking evolutionary steps to the Playstation library specifically in terms of preservation PS One, 2, 3 PSP, and Vita. The question is how will Sony retain this growth.

I know Sony will bring games but I am also curious how Sony plans to grow and adapt the Playstation Brand.

My guesses in bolded parenthesis. You forgot Knack 2 which is guaranteed since it's a 2017 release. Crash trilogy will definitely be part of the Activision segment and will be it's final push. Also expecting a short indie montage and of the "lesser" games that were pre-E3 like PaRappa, Wipeout, etc. in the hopes of getting some extra visibility and possible sales.

A lot of that stuff I see differently (you're the bolded right?).

If Sucker Punch don't show up this e3, they might as well shut it down (the project). It's been like 4 years right? If they are confident in it, they'll show it.

I was thinking we get the Horizon dlc this year fasho. Naughty dog had to focus on multiplayer, GG don't, being the difference from a game release to dlc.

I say we get release dates for Detroit and Days Gone and God of War early 2018 like this year. Dreams beta like in April, with full game in holiday '18 or something.

I hear you on Kojima, but all is forgiven when that bad-ass trailer comes with his presence.

Spider-man is sort of an outlier. This is the type of game you bring in the holiday season. I know what Marvel said, but Sony isn't gonna want to stray too far from the movie, but then again it could release around the BR.. I say movie in the summer and game at holiday. Insomniac has good work ethic.

A lot of that stuff I see differently (you're the bolded right?).

If Sucker Punch don't show up this e3, they might as well shut it down (the project). It's been like 4 years right? If they are confident in it, they'll show it.

/QUOTE]

First Light release summer 2014, so its only been 3. To put that in perspective, Guerilla started on Horizon in 2010. AAA games take a long time to make, especially new IPs.

I don't see the point in an all digital console when there are still parts of the world without to not very good internet. I think that kind of thing is still ways off but I can see it being a possibility.

My predictions

Shenmue 3 gets a vague release window for 2018

FFVIIR gets a release window announcement for 2018 but I see Shenmue actually hitting it more than VII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom