• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

QD seems to like using new technology, so I'd be shocked if there was no VR component at all, unless they're making a from the ground up VR game.

NahaNago

I don't see the point in an all digital console when there are still parts of the world without to not very good internet. I think that kind of thing is still ways off but I can see it being a possibility.

My predictions

Shenmue 3 gets a vague release window for 2018

FFVIIR gets a release window announcement for 2018 but I see Shenmue actually hitting it more than VII.

I think at this point in time a digital console is fine. Its all in how you market it. The biggest games in the world games feature online multiplayer. and with mobile games being the big money maker these days a digital console isn't too far away i believe.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of that stuff I see differently (you're the bolded right?).

If Sucker Punch don't show up this e3, they might as well shut it down (the project). It's been like 4 years right? If they are confident in it, they'll show it.

I was thinking we get the Horizon dlc this year fasho. Naughty dog had to focus on multiplayer, GG don't, being the difference from a game release to dlc.

I say we get release dates for Detroit and Days Gone and God of War early 2018 like this year. Dreams beta like in April, with full game in holiday '18 or something.

I hear you on Kojima, but all is forgiven when that bad-ass trailer comes with his presence.

Spider-man is sort of an outlier. This is the type of game you bring in the holiday season. I know what Marvel said, but Sony isn't gonna want to stray too far from the movie, but then again it could release around the BR.. I say movie in the summer and game at holiday. Insomniac has good work ethic.

Yes, my responses are bolded in parenthesis.

Sucker Punch released First Light in August 2014. By the time their new IP went into full production, I would guess early 2015. Guerrilla Games took five years to first show Horizon. No need to show off a game that might not even be halfway finished. New IP + open world + AAA = at least four to six years of development. It's been two and a half at best and even if you want to say three, they could still be two years away not including any potential delays. They don't need to shut anything down. Let them take their time and show it when it's ready to be shown and close to release as opposed to two years out.

I don't even think that GG will be at E3 let alone show off their DLC which im assuming will become a standalone expansion ala Uncharted TLL. Horizon literally released three months ago. I don't want to see some stupid rushed CG trailer ala Kojima. Like Sucker Punch, they don't need to show it off. Besides, the rumored PS4 Pro Horizon NA bundle being released first and foremost would be a better idea as it would create momentum going into PSX. Showing a CG trailer now among the many that will be gameplay does nothing for me personally. Just see PSX in December as the earliest it gets shown.

I think Days Gone will be in February 2018 and God of War in March 2018. Doubtful we get a release date for Detroit as I see it as September 2018 at the earliest. Dreams beta this year is a good bet with the actual game being released in the summer of 2018 with PSVR support.

Just want Kojima to go away and develop the game instead of wasting all this extra time on meaningless crap. And I still say his game is September 2020 at the earliest.

Spider Man movie is this July. The game is not coming until summer 2018 at the earliest. Sony is NOT going to release during the fall/holidays so it can get crushed. Insomniac is great but they only started on Spider Man fully after R&C released. Open world AAA with Marvel wanting it to actually be good equals another year at the very least. I'm expecting a solid gameplay video at E3 though with the official title.

If Sucker Punch don't show up this e3, they might as well shut it down (the project). It's been like 4 years right? If they are confident in it, they'll show it.

Spider-man is sort of an outlier. This is the type of game you bring in the holiday season. I know what Marvel said, but Sony isn't gonna want to stray too far from the movie, but then again it could release around the BR.. I say movie in the summer and game at holiday. Insomniac has good work ethic.

Yeah 100% Sucker Punch will be there with their new game. Sony Bend took ages to reveal Days Gone too, so Sucker Punch should be more than ready to show it now.

Spider-Man is an interesting one and I think it could come in 2017. Insomniac started work on Sunset Overdrive in 2011 and released in October 2014 (3 year development) then started on Spider-Man right after and it's been in development for 3 years now, so it could see a release later this year. This also falls in line with the 2017 release date it still has right now and like you say, the new movie is out this year too, so it would make sense.

They also worked on and released Fuse in 2013, while working on Sunset Overdrive and R&C in 2016 while working on Spider-Man. They have a pretty big team and can clearly work on 2 projects at the same time.

Sony E3 2017 Predictions:

** less likely to happen
*** lesser likely
**** least likely

***Sucker Punch Reveal
Spider-man gameplay
God of War boss gameplay
Detroit Trailer
Days Gone Trailer
New Dreams gameplay
GT Sport Trailer
****SIEJ and From Software partnership (Bloodborne 2?)
Crash Bandicoot Trailer
Destiny 2 gameplay
COD WW2 gameplay
Star Wars Battlefront 2 trailer
Ni No Kuni 2 Trailer
***Final Fantasy VII Remake and/or Kingdom Hearts III gameplay
**Shenmue 3 update and/or Shenmue remade collection
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite character reveal/trailer
***Devil May Cry 5 reveal
**Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer/gameplay
New Death Stranding Trailer
****The Last of Us Part II Trailer

Yeah 100% Sucker Punch will be there with their new game. Sony Bend took ages to reveal Days Gone too, so Sucker Punch should be more than ready to show it now.

Spider-Man is an interesting one and I think it could come in 2017. Insomniac started work on Sunset Overdrive in 2011 and released in October 2014 (3 year development) then started on Spider-Man right after and it's been in development for 3 years now, so it could see a release later this year. This also falls in line with the 2017 release date it still has right now and like you say, the new movie is out this year too, so it would make sense.

They also worked on and released Fuse in 2013, while working on Sunset Overdrive and R&C in 2016 while working on Spider-Man. They have a pretty big team and can clearly work on 2 projects at the same time.
Between all the AAA titles they've released some vr games and song of the deep as well crazy efficient studio

2013-Fuse,r&c into the nexus
2014-sunset overdrive
2015-3 mobile titles I forgot the name of
2016-Ratchet and clank,song of the deep,edge of nowhere and the unspoken

They're amazing

gwiz210

No news on when the tickets for theater events going up has me nervous. This is one of my fav events of the year and I def don't want to miss out.

Elfstruck

There's so much wrong with this post. First off, SP is a medium size studio compared to the likes of Sony Japan, ND, GG and SSM. Guerilla Games took 5 years to ship Horizon and it is a studio with more than 200+ employees. Making a new game isn't easy. Pre-production probably takes a few months and then building prototypes to test out the gameplay and such would take a decent amount of time considering the small work force at SP. Once they nailed down the gameplay, they would need time to build the world around it. And if it's an open world game, it would take a lot of time to polish it.

One of the main complaint people had about Infamous SS was it felt rushed and unfinished. So why do you want SP to rush it now? As much as I'd like them to show their game, I dont care if it's at this year E3, PSX or next year. Saying they should shut down their project because it's taking a long time is nonsense.

Lady Gaia

Fuck no. I won't purchase that.

That's what a vocal minority said when Apple dropped optical drives from their laptops, too, and yet somewhow they survived. Having an external option made sense as a compromise. Perhaps not today, but some day.

Yeah, as someone who buys all of his games digitally, I still wouldn't want a console without the option of physical media anytime soon.

Literally the whole point of my post was to suggest an optical external drive. Which makes physical media an option while also cutting costs for those who either don't need one or can share one among multiple consoles (buying a Vita 2 / PS5 Pro? Just use your existing PS5 external optical drive.)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think Spider-Man has a pretty good chance to open the show with a lengthy gameplay demo.

Lucreto

I feel FFVIIR will be released this year. It being the 30th Anniversary of the series, FFVII 20th Anniversary, that the game has been in development since 2014 and the fact the Kai Arts figures are already up for pre-order.

I feel FFVIIR will be released this year. It being the 30th Anniversary of the series, FFVII 20th Anniversary, that the game has been in development since 2014 and the fact the Kai Arts figures are already up for pre-order.

iirc the financial reports of SE said that KH3 and FF7 wont release before March 2018

Elfstruck

It would be ironic that FVIIR part I get released before KH3.

There's so much wrong with this post. First off, SP is a medium size studio compared to the likes of Sony Japan, ND, GG and SSM. Guerilla Games took 5 years to ship Horizon and it is a studio with more than 200+ employees. Making a new game isn't easy. Pre-production probably takes a few months and then building prototypes to test out the gameplay and such would take a decent amount of time considering the small work force at SP. Once they nailed down the gameplay, they would need time to build the world around it. And if it's an open world game, it would take a lot of time to polish it.

One of the main complaint people had about Infamous SS was it felt rushed and unfinished. So why do you want SP to rush it now? As much as I'd like them to show their game, I dont care if it's at this year E3, PSX or next year. Saying they should shut down their project because it's taking a long time is nonsense.

Yep SP is really small when it comes to AAA devs .
For a while they were 80 or so people which is really small ( over 100 now) .
If we don't see there new IP at this E3 it's not a problem.

2018 for FF7 would be perfectly fine - 2017 was the earliest anybody could have expected.
Kingdom Hearts tough? Well Square Enix never learns.

they better not say a single world about XVI before its very far in production

Lucreto

iirc the financial reports of SE said that KH3 and FF7 wont release before March 2018

I remember the image. It says Financial Year 2018 and beyond. Since Financial year 2018 started on 1st April 2017 it's in a potential release window as we speak.

2018 for FF7 would be perfectly fine - 2017 was the earliest anybody could have expected.
Kingdom Hearts tough? Well Square Enix never learns.

they better not say a single world about XVI before its very far in production

I half expect FFXVI to be announced this year. They announced FFXIV before FFXIII was out.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think it's a great choice to kick things off. Show some good open-world gameplay, lots of web slinging and swinging, traversal and combat.

Then end it with Spidey walking by a trash can and suddenly the symbiote crawls out.

I would completely lose it.

=O no MGS avatar. The thirst is real for Spidey...lol

Ha yeah, so excited for this game.

giphy.gif

Sony revealed Horizon in 2015 and that came out February of this year. So, even if Sucker Punch's title isn't quite ready, it should be ready to at least be revealed at this point. We'll see though.

Shu said he saw a build of it at E3 2015, right?

Tonky

I feel like SP's game has the potential to wow like Horizon did. Throw everyone off guard with something completely different then what they've done before. The Infamous --> ______ jump needs to be as big as the Killzone --> Horizon jump. I'd really like a space IP.

I feel like SP's game has the potential to wow like Horizon did. Throw everyone off guard with something completely different then what they've done before. The Infamous --> ______ jump needs to be as big as the Killzone --> Horizon jump. I'd really like a space IP.
A space IP with superhuman shenanigans would be ace.

yurinka

First Light release summer 2014, so its only been 3. To put that in perspective, Guerilla started on Horizon in 2010. AAA games take a long time to make, especially new IPs.
Announce it in E3 2017 as "2018", release it summer 2018. 4 years would be more than enough if they use the same -obviusly an updated version- engine from Infamous and/or it's an open world (I assume it won't be a kart game).

Guerrilla doesn't seem a fair comparision, because it was a whole new genre, concept and engine for them, and the game features the best visuals ever seen in an open world game.

4 years should be more than enough for Sucker Puck.

Cyborg

So much hype around Spidy.

I hope it isnt the same result as the movie(s). Every movie trailer gets a shitload of hype then the movie releases and everybody is dissapointed.

stryke

Announce it in E3 2017 as "2018", release it summer 2018. 4 years would be more than enough if they use the same -obviusly an updated version- engine from Infamous and/or it's an open world (I assume it won't be a kart game).

Guerrilla doesn't seem a fair comparision, because it was a whole new genre, concept and engine for them, and the game features the best visuals ever seen in an open world game.

4 years should be more than enough for Sucker Puck.

Sucker Punch is not a large AAA studio. They maxed out to about 100 people during Second Son. I would not be surprised if they're still not ready to show their next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom