• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Press Conference 6/9/14 @ 6PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasliquid

My Predictions

Open with Destiny Demo
Talk about Ps3 - We're long over due some actual Persona 5 stuff
Talk about Ps3 to Ps4 ports and playstation now
Discuss Vita for like 5 minutes, including a sizzle reel and gravity rush 2 trailer
Ps4 stuff
Order 1886
Morpheus stuff with a big first party game (Media Molecule?) coming late 2015
Parade of Indies
Batman trailer and exclusive content
Assassins creed demo
Some sort of PS+ announcement with Killzone mulitplayer/Knack now free
New Game from First party (Guerilla or Bend)
Project Beasts
End on TLG or Uncharted 4 (if the former then Uncharted would be earlier in a disappointing form)

Same as MS with MGSV. Definitely shady but pretty common practice.

The only thing shady about MGSV was that Larry Hyrb tweet. Aside from that, standard practice of a showcase, imo. I wouldn't expect the conference holder to showcase competitor platforms on their stage.

Or maybe I'm just used to it.

The same way people bring up the notion of MS will potentially be able to get 'gigatons' (Red Dead exclusive lawl) because 'money.'

Regardless, it is now significantly harder for MS to secure any new exclusive deals going forward as it was before the start of the gen, when publishers and developers assumed the Xbox successor would be the leading console in the West at least.

Two things have changed obviously - the PS4 is leading sales by about 3 million after only 7 months. And the gaming industry is more deeply mired in uncertainty with falling profit margins.

SgtCobra

My Predictions

Open with Destiny Demo
Talk about Ps3 - We're long over due some actual Persona 5 stuff
Talk about Ps3 to Ps4 ports and playstation now
Discuss Vita for like 5 minutes, including a sizzle reel and gravity rush 2 trailer
Ps4 stuff
Order 1886
Morpheus stuff with a big first party game (Media Molecule?) coming late 2015
Parade of Indies
Batman trailer and exclusive content
Assassins creed demo
Some sort of PS+ announcement with Killzone mulitplayer/Knack now free
New Game from First party (Guerilla or Bend)
Project Beasts
End on TLG or Uncharted 4 (if the former then Uncharted would be earlier in a disappointing form)
This is what I expect to happen. Zzzz

Jigolo

We made it to space!
spacetrainhkxan.png

I just did this quickly before work, so I won't be able to add people until later on.

let me pilot the space train :p

at least put me on there. my photoshop skills blow

Rozart

So, so excited for this year's E3. Now that they've got the new console unveiling/anti-DRM announcements out of the way, I'm really excited to see what games they have in their arsenal right now.

A proper UC4 trailer will definitely please me.
A TLG re-introduction though may just make me fall over my chair in comatose.

The same way people bring up the notion of MS will potentially be able to get 'gigatons' (Red Dead exclusive lawl) because 'money.'

I don't even get this idea of MS going around buying up exclusives. What are the major games right now? Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall? Capcom has said that MS funded the development of DR3. In other words, if they didn't do that then Capcom wouldn't have even bothered to make DR3. At least not at that point. And EA/Respawn were struggling to fund the development of Titanfall and needed someone else to step in to put in some funds, that's where MS came in. They didn't moneyhat either of them. They flatout started the development of one game and saved the development of another.

sublimit

Banned
I have to stay up till 3am to watch it.

It's just once a year, come on :D

It will be 4am for me and there's no way in hell i'm gonna miss it.Even if i had to go to work the next day i'd still wouldn't miss it.

Even if they only show Project Beast that would be more than enough for me. :)

KORNdoggy

I don't even get this idea of MS going around buying up exclusives. What are the major games right now? Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall? Capcom has said that MS funded the development of DR3. In other words, if they didn't do that then Capcom wouldn't have even bothered to make DR3. At least not at that point. And EA/Respawn were struggling to fund the development of Titanfall and needed someone else to step in to put in some funds, that's where MS came in. They didn't moneyhat either of them. They flatout started the development of one game and saved the development of another.

I'd maybe believe that story for DR3. But titanfall? No. That was intended to be multiplat. The dev himself was surprised by the exclusivity deal. It was published by a company who have billions of dollars, and it was getting hype everywhere it was shown...MS didn't "save" the development, they simply paid for it not to be on the competing system.

TomShoe

Banned
Okay, I added everyone I could before this post.

I'd like a ticket.

It's just the next logical step in one of many possible moves Microsoft could do to increase sales. Microsoft is behind Sony right now, they have a large war chest, why not just buy rights to a big time game and force people to buy your box? It's flawed logic, but it's logic.

I'd maybe believe that story for DR3. But titanfall? No. That was intended to be multiplat. The dev himself was surprised by the exclusivity deal. It was published by a company who have billions of dollars, and it was getting hype everywhere it was shown...MS didn't "save" the development, they simply paid for it not to be on the competing system.

They did. The narrative goes that Respawn had used the $3M allotted for them under the EA partners program, but had no appreciable results. The game was going to be canceled until Microsoft stepped in with funding to finish it. Originally, the game was supposed to be a timed exclusive for a year, but post E3, a consensus among gamers was that they would just wait a year. Microsoft then hashed out another deal for "full" exclusivity.

I don't even get this idea of MS going around buying up exclusives.

It's rumour mongering and assumptions of what they are planning to do.

People are thinking "oh, MS is going to throw a blank cheque at Bethesda, Capcom and Rockstar to exclusivify franchises like Resident Evil, Fallout and Red Dead because they can afford it with their Office/Windows money!11111! because they're farrrrr behindddddd Sooooooonyyyyyyyyy!111"

Unrealistic assumptions.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Any tickets left for the space train?

The only thing shady about MGSV was that Larry Hyrb tweet. Aside from that, standard practice of a showcase, imo. I wouldn't expect the conference holder to showcase competitor platforms on their stage.

Or maybe I'm just used to it.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that until you reminded me. For 5 dreaded minutes, the internet thought that Metal Gear Solid V was a Xbox One exclusive. Talk about turbulent!

Human_me

man. you are really fixated on some non-existant Square/Sony falling out.

Well didn't Sony sell a huge amount of shares in Square Enix recently?
Granted they needed the money, but if they knew there was some big amazing game coming out then surely they would of waited till then?

TomShoe

Banned
Granted they needed the money, but if they knew there was some big amazing game coming out then surely they would of waited till then?

Why have stake in a company if you're not getting any benefits, like exclusivity?

Primeau31

no. like you said they needed the money. investment in things like Morpheus R&D isn't cheap I'm sure.

its not like removing those shares changes the fact that 80-90% of the FF and KH audience is going to get it on a Sony console. they had nothing to lose here.

people just want to take something they read without having any context or actual knowledge of how things work in the industry and start theorizing to sound smarter than the guy next to them. chill.

I'm just basing it off of what what said in The Final Hours of Titanfall.

It's just the next logical step in one of many possible moves Microsoft could do to increase sales. Microsoft is behind Sony right now, they have a large war chest, why not just buy rights to a big time game and force people to buy your box? It's flawed logic, but it's logic.

If they had so much money to actually throw around to land major exclusives, then why didn't they do that last gen when they had Sony on their heels for the first first years due to the high price of the PS3? That's when they could've really done damage to Sony by basically kicking them while they were down. But for the most part the exclusives they landed were a simple result of them having the console out first while also having one that was significantly easier to develop for. Once Sony got the price of the console down the exclusives faded away.

This is what I expect to happen. Zzzz

Zzzz? If they have both TLG and Project Beats as well as some cool indies, at least one new IP reveal (my money is on the Guerrilla one) and gorgeous AAA stuff The Order and Uncharted, they basically cover all bases. Would make for an excellent conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom