• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidd

So close, yet still so far :(

iKCA6QFVRfTLT.png

Boke1879

At worst it's crossgen, which is still stupid anyway. I refuse to believe they took this long and went through so many restarts just to end up on the triple.

I have to agree. If the rumor from the Ex Sony employee is to be believed then I can't believe a game that has been restarted many times doesn't end up on the PS4.

There is a better chance of "versus" being cross gen.

Cidd

Either way they'll get your money and you'll get a PS4 when you are done with those games. Not sure how they lose at all in this scenario.

Well they want as much PS4 in people houses as possible especially with MS launching in the same time period. These games have me way more interested than what they showed on the PS4 so far, but that can all change. If FFvsXIII end up on the PS3 as well I won't buy a PS4 until early next year.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have to agree. If the rumor from the Ex Sony employee is to be believed then I can't believe a game that has been restarted many times doesn't end up on the PS4.

There is a better chance of "versus" being cross gen.
Didn't the same former employee just admit that he might have been wrong? I don't know, but I'm fairly bummed about this.

I've just had a look at those retailer pics and there's no mention of a PS4/Xbox One release of Battlefield 4, Fifa or Watchdogs. Simply current gen.

I'm not putting much stock in a PS3 only release of The Last Guardian.

TLG on PS3 means PS4 sent to die confirmed. I'm completely de-hyped for the press conference now, too.
Melodrama much?

TLG is a pipe dream for us hardcore gamers to fantasize about... it is not a mass appeal game that is going to shift millions of systems the way more mainstream games (KZ, DriveClub, etc) will. I get what you are saying, i want TLG on PS4 as much as anyone, but the PS4's success does not ride on The Last Guardian.

ReaperXL7

I don't think GI knows anything either way...they're probably just basing the tags off rumors.

I think GI would be one of those places who have some legit sources for their information, especially when you consider how much they work with devs, and publisher to get information, and cover stories.

I hqve no faith in any of this until TLG is shown on stage.

Verendus

Banned
Didn't the same former employee just admit that he might have been wrong? I don't know, but I'm fairly bummed about this.
He also said the project was re-started several times which was exaggerated. It had its ups and downs but I wouldn't say that either. People should just chill and let the coming months do their thing. SCE has a few megatons planned for the PS4, and you'll eventually be playing TLG on the PS4 too.

Salaadin

I'm probably 90% sure TLG is on PS4 now.

Educated guess?

But TLG would sell less on Ps4

It might actually be better for TLG to be a highlighted launch or launch window title for the PS4 instead of getting lost in the GT6 and Beyond: Two Souls shuffle this year on PS3.
Theres also a case to be made that the same people who will buy The Last Guardian are the same people who will buy a PS4 early.

I've been guessing this for awhile.

There may be a reason TLoU isn't until after E3. All major first party games from now on will be if you buy the PS4 version you get the PS3 version for free. Like when you buy Sly 4 you get it on Vita for free etc.

TLoU, TLG, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6

I'd classify that as a fucking gigaton.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yeah, I...don't think people will be opting for an XBO instead.
It's a hypothetical, I'm not putting odds on anything at this point until we hear pricing, confirm launch games, etc. But Sony certainly wouldn't be hurting their chances by offering multiplatform support for their games releasing during this transition.

Soriku

There may be a reason TLoU isn't until after E3. All major first party games from now on will be if you buy the PS4 version you get the PS3 version for free. Like when you buy Sly 4 you get it on Vita for free etc.

No way they do this lol.

Why? Aside from Yoshida's quote.

Yoshida's quote is probably the biggest piece of evidence.

AznSniper

He also said the project was re-started several times which was exaggerated. It had its ups and downs but I wouldn't say that either. People should just chill and let the coming months do their thing. SCE has a few megatons planned for the PS4, and you'll eventually be playing TLG on the PS4 too.

Only a few? We want many!

Yea, imagine if during Sony's E3 presser they announce that "if you've preordered TLoU for the PS3 you will receive a free digital copy of the games PS4 version upon release"

EDIT: talk about good incentive to purchase a PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom