• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

I don't see it out of complete possibility considering the functionality they have set up for some PS3-PSV purchases.

For some of those games I think they've made it clear that PS3 versions are all that they're focusing on right now.

What exactly was the quote again?

Is the Last Guardian still a PS3 title?

Yoshida: I’m not ready to talk about that … sorry … we’ve broken promises, we are waiting for the right to time reintroduce the Last Guardian. I’m not going to say anything beyond what Ueda-san [lead designer Fumito Ueda] said.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Why? Aside from Yoshida's quote.

Various things said to me by people in the know.

Not to mention, the game as it was on PS3 was struggling to get off the ground... it's no secret they had technical difficulties. I don't think a PS3 version even exists anymore. I could be wrong but that is just my thought based on the evidence and Yoshida's quote.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Team Ico has been unable to accomplish anything for 7 years on PS3 so I have a tough time believing they have it running on 2 platforms.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Let's be honest here. Do we really want to play this game on the PS3? It's an ambitous game and the PS4 will allow them to realize their original vision. After hearing how they faced technical issues I really don't want to play this on the PS3 anymore; imagine the things they must have cut to make it run on the system.

Empty

playing sotc on ps+ and getting excited about all these rumblings in the last week, i'm going to be devastated if the last guardian isn't at e3 in some form

i also think it's only ps4 as i reckon realizing it could be used to get people hyped about the ps4 at launch-first year is the reason it wasn't just canceled when ueda left sony.

Ricky_R

No way they do this lol.

Yoshida's quote is probably the biggest piece of evidence.

Indeed, but maybe he had something else that I didn't know of, unless it's "classified".

Various things said to me by people in the know.

Not to mention, the game as it was on PS3 was struggling to get off the ground... it's no secret they had technical difficulties. I don't think a PS3 version even exists anymore. I could be wrong but that is just my thought based on the evidence and Yoshida's quote.

Awesome, thanks. Hope it turns out to be true.

Ashes

Banned
playing sotc on ps+ and getting excited about all these rumblings in the last week, i'm going to be devastated if the last guardian isn't at e3 in some form

i also think it's on ps4 as i think realizing it could be used to get people hyped about the ps4 at launch is the reason it wasn't just canceled when ueda left sony.

I think it likely that it will be shown at E3. Same reason for my belief in Demon Souls 2/Dark Souls 2. Well, before I saw that huge poster for Dark Souls 2.

StuBurns

Banned
Seven years. It's got to be coming to both.
If you mean to make money, at this point, the project's ability to make money is hardly of the highest importance. Getting a game that will get more PS3 owners to jump to next-gen early, and have a launch window media darling exclusive to the system is very valuable.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If you mean to make money, at this point, the project's ability to make money is hardly of the highest importance. Getting a game that will get more PS3 owners to jump to next-gen early, and have a launch window media darling exclusive to the system is very valuable.

Yes, in addition to the hard truth that it probably doesn't even run on PS3.

Yep. Adding big name exclusives is a good way to sell the PS4 at launch. People might not buy it for say, games like Infamous SS alone, but if you soup it up with games like TLG or Versus then it becomes much easier.

Salaadin

Theres quite a few people in that FNAC thread saying that those TLG boxes have been there for months. Im not putting much stock into that yet.

Still hoping for a PS4 version.

gfunkera

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised at all if they scrapped TLG for PS3 and began developing the game on PS4 as one of the first internal games started for the system. It's no secret they were having big problems with the RAM limitations. Hell, the Ratdogbird's feathers probably ate up all the RAM alone.

Just my opinion....in the vast minority, haha.

CV&G speaking for a lot of fans

This is the year. This is the year when Trico blows everyone away. Four years after the first E3 trailer, The Last Guardian's spectacular return is going to have us all blubbering with joy in that Sony keynote conference on the evening of Monday 10th June, then blubbering with even more joy when we play it the following day on the show floor. This is definitely the year.

Well, this has got to be the year, Right? The stars have aligned for this to be the year. The PlayStation 4 has already been announced, so that's one stumbling block removed.

But I'm going to cross my fingers and hope anyway because that's half of the fun of E3. E3 is place where we're supposed to ask for the moon on the stick: where every year we wait for the curtains to be pulled back on Half-Life 3 or Agent or Final Fantasy Versus 13. (Or SEGA's glorious return to the hardware market with Shenmue 3 as a launch game for their new super-console.)

Deep down I've come to terms with the fact that The Last Guardian probably won't be at E3. But the gamer in me refuses to give up hope that it'll make a surprise showing. And if it doesn't? That's simple: then The Last Guardian is a shoo-in for my E3 2014 Most Anticipated...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410438/blog/my-e3-2013-most-anticipated-the-last-guardian/

For me I hope they went with PS4 since it's easier to develop for therefore not making them have all those problems that they (Team ICO) had with the cell also I believe TLG is quite ambitious and the extra juice from the hardware could do wonders

Ashes

Banned

Hmm. Fair point.

Wynnebeck

Banned
The hype is a little more subdued since Sony is keeping the ship leak-free so we have no direction to direct our rumor mongering outside of what we know about FFXV, etc.

The hype is a little more subdued since Sony is keeping the ship leak-free so we have no direction to direct our rumor mongering outside of what we know about FFXV, etc.

Its good leak free ships are the best ships. In fact there has been veyr little leaked from any of the three. Were in for a great E3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
BurItpL.png

hal9001

Banned
I've been guessing this for awhile.

There may be a reason TLoU isn't until after E3. All major first party games from now on will be if you buy the PS4 version you get the PS3 version for free. Like when you buy Sly 4 you get it on Vita for free etc.

TLoU, TLG, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6

I'd classify that as a fucking gigaton.

If this turns out to be true it would be one of the best gaming announcements ever.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think that'll happen. Cross-Gen-Buy could happen for PS3 games released after PS4 is out, sure, but TLoU? I seriously doubt it.

StuBurns

Banned
Just because a game is cross generational, doesn't mean it's some sort of 'HD Remaster'.

Look at something like BF4, just because it's on PS3, doesn't mean it's not legitimately a next-gen game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom