• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumba

Banned
when you have games releasing near the (end) beginning of a new gen every game should be released on the new console. which is what i am seeing.

Every game should be released on the new console, says who? No one is stopping Sony to release games on the PS3 however and whenever they want. Just because a new generation is coming does not mean jack.

Again, there's this twisted thinking that TLG SHOULD be on the PS4 on the basis of NOTHING except wishful thinking.

PS3 needs to die! I want the Last of Us, Beyond, The Last Guardian and GT6 all on PS4. No cross generation bs

ok, I will take your word for it

Every game should be released on the new console, says who? No one is stopping Sony to release games on the PS3 however and whenever they want. Just because a new generation is coming does not mean jack.

Again, there's this twisted thinking that TLG SHOULD be on the PS4 on the basis of NOTHING except wishful thinking.

PS3 needs to die! I want the Last of Us, Beyond, The Last Guardian and GT6 all on PS4. No cross generation bs

ok, I will take your word for it
sarcasm or not.

dont-watch-the-2-girls-1-cupIf-you-are-eating.gif

Am I the only one who doesn't get consoles at launch? I'm happy there will be some PS3 games to keep me occupied until I get around to picking up a new console.

I'd be more pissed if Sony just completely stopped supporting the PS3 (especially with the PS4 not even being released yet).

netBuff

http://countdowntomonday.com/

fuck the actual E3 event countdown. once monday hits gaf will be down anyways.

No one cares when it is monday in your time zone. We're waiting for the E3 event, not your beginning of the week.

Am I the only one who doesn't get consoles at launch? I'm happy there will be some PS3 games to keep me occupied until I get around to picking up a new console.

I'd be more pissed if Sony just completely stopped supporting the PS3 (especially with the PS4 not even being released yet).

I'm most certainly getting a PS4 at launch, I've had plenty of current gen to last me a lifetime. But I still think not dropping the PS3 like a hot potato makes sense: As long as I get superior ports I'm fine with it.

Servbot24

Banned
Tbh I am almost a little worried about how good the PS3 line up is looking this year. Not worried for my own sake - at this rate I won't need to get a PS4 for a long time - but for Sony's next gen install base.

I'm going to get assassinated for this... but i've never played Shadow of the Colossus. What do you all think are the chances that the HD remakes will be released via PS+ for the PS4? I want to play it, but i'm on the fence about purchasing the PS3 version, or holding out hope that it will get a PS4 port.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm going to get assassinated for this... but i've never played Shadow of the Colossus. What do you all think are the chances that the HD remakes will be released via PS+ for the PS4? I want to play it, but i'm on the fence about purchasing the PS3 version, or holding out hope that it will get a PS4 port.
PS4 doesn't play PS3 games, so nothing.

In Europe Ico/SotC are currently in PSN+ actually.

Unless you're getting a PS4 at launch and want to hold out for a potential relaunch - which could take years if it happens at all -, just get it for the PS3.

The Last Guardian for PS4 exclusively or bust!

I've waited for so long, I can wait a little longer if it's gonna use the power of 8 GB GDDR5 RAM

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tbh I am almost a little worried about how good the PS3 line up is looking this year. Not worried for my own sake - at this rate I won't need to get a PS4 for a long time - but for Sony's next gen install base.

PS2 in 2006 was pretty amazing.

Why? Many big name games are going cross gen and most big PS3 exclusives are done this year, with the PS4 launching at the end of the year. Unless you're a GT6 fan, what's stopping one from making the jump?

And look how well that turned out for the ps3......

I just hope TLG is cross gen. GT6 being ps3 only is already incredibly stupid put Polyphony does what Polyphony does.

I think the price tag had more to do with it than the fact that PS2 had good games. Couple that with solid competition from the Wii and 360.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I just hope TLG is cross gen. GT6 being ps3 only is already incredibly stupid put Polyphony does what Polyphony does.

That had nothing to do with the PS3's missteps and more to do with developers struggling with the system hardware itself.

I'm loving the support the PS3 is getting. 2013 is easily one of if the best year for the ps3. I'll be getting a PS4 when my backlog gets done which won't be anytime soon.

Servbot24

Banned
PS2 in 2006 was pretty amazing.

This only helps prove my point :/

Why? Many big name games are going cross gen and most big PS3 exclusives are done this year, with the PS4 launching at the end of the year. Unless you're a GT6 fan, what's stopping one from making the jump?

Well I'm sure that there are some major PS4 titles to be announced still. But at the moment if I had to choose between owning a PS3 or owning a PS4 in winter 2013 I would definitely choose PS3.

I don't think it will have a drastic effect on the life sales of PS4, just has a chance of tempering the launch sales.

That's pure speculation though. From everything that's been said about the hardware, there's little reason to believe it would be anything but extremely challenging to convert a PS3 game to PS4 hardware. How much evidence do we actually have of cross-gen titles?

I really want to see TLG, TLoU, and Beyond on PS4, but I see no reason to believe it will happen.

No, it's not. Being cross-gen would be stupid because it would utterly destroy DriveClub, and they can just port GT6 six months after launch, not lose a single sale.

Do you really think GT6 isn't on PS4 because they're trying to give Drive Club a better shot at succeeding? Why would Sony do that? If GT is the golden goose, wouldn't they want it on as many of their platforms as possible? I'm certainly of the opinion that it's Polyphony's slow pace that is keeping them out of the PS4 launch.

androvsky

iirc, PS1 in 2000 was pretty solid too. Final Fantasy IX, Vagrant Story, Spyro Year of the Dragon (from Sony no less), Legend of Dragoon (again, Sony), Valkyrie Profile, Wild Arms 2 (Sony).

Interfectum

GT6 stands to make Sony a fucking shitload of money.

And PS2 having a fantastic ending was the very, very, very least of PS3's issues. $599, coming a year late and CELL programming were some of the more notable problems.

StuBurns

Banned
Do you really think GT6 isn't on PS4 because they're trying to give Drive Club a better shot at succeeding? Why would Sony do that? If GT is the golden goose, wouldn't they want it on as many of their platforms as possible? I'm certainly of the opinion that it's Polyphony's slow pace that is keeping them out of the PS4 launch.
Yes, I do. Why wouldn't Sony want to give DC a better chance at succeeding? It's their game, with the marketing, they're probably sinking fifty million dollars into it, I'm guessing they want at least most of that money back.

i-Lo

count3hkicy.png

Our queen has been dethroned. Kagari's dedication to this has now reached a questionable status. Dis ship is now leaking.

XD

androvsky

GT6 stands to make Sony a fucking shitload of money.

And PS2 having a fantastic ending was the very, very, very least of PS3's issues. $599, coming a year late and CELL programming were some of the more notable problems.

The PS2 having a fantastic ending is probably the only reason Sony was able to survive the PS3 launch honestly.

At least PS2 was backwards compatible
So was the PS3 at launch, but people are arguing that a strong PS2 was hurting it.

Kyoufu

If Sony was really ready for war as famousmortimer says they are then they wouldn't put out so many PS3 games in its 7th year.

I know it's nice that they support their platforms until the end but the company needs PS4 to be a success.

TLG will be on PS4, if it's also on PS3, who knows, but Sony have dodged the question if it's still a PS3 game, which they wouldn't do if it was, and we've had former Sony employees tell us it moved to PS4, and it's been in development for seven years, and it had clear technical issues, and it'd be stupid not to be on PS4.

totally forgot about that.
Thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom