• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorral

Y2Kev, please tell us if that "2500 jaws hitting the floor" comment by our beloved beaver is a product of positive news.

Did you miss this post?

What the hell? I leave for 15 minutes and you brought the place down already, Bird?

A man, both wise and weathered, stood up in front of you all and said...

"Let nothing come between the platform and the joy of play"

It sounds very positive to me. Now if we could get a lick of what it was....

DemonNite

reposting for the second wave of crowds ;)

isbOR3IYge1VM.gif

Verendus and FamousMortimer talked about Demon Souls 2, Kingdom Hearts and Uncharted 4.

Do you think we'll see Sony talk about them if they were true?

i-Lo

Did you miss this post?

It sounds very positive to me. Now if we could get a lick of what it was....

That does sound positive. However, as MS keeps on hitting home run to consumer rights erosion I can't not think that Sony will be bringing out something equally heinous.

Unless its positivity verified by Kagari/Y2Kev I'm still sinking in ambivalence.

Kyoufu

Not really sure why thuway was repeating an old Kotaku rumor that didn't even mention anything about online play being behind a paywall.

I'm sure this has been talked about but whatever. What do you guys think Sony will actually do about the whole DRM scenario. They can easily just follow Microsoft on this and everyone will have nothing to do but to deal with it (or just stick to Nintendo/PC). They can easily take this route.

They can also just completely steal the hearts of every gamer out there and announce that they aren't doing that shit BUT they would also lose the support of many big name publishers and they really don't want that.

So if you were Sony (forget about loving videogames for a bit) what would you do? Risk losing some fans or risk losing major publisher deals (which in turn we would suffer from as well).

Bad news all around I'm afraid. Troubled times are ahead ; ;

The Pubs won't avoid the PS4 like they have the Wii U, if it sells of course. They can't afford to if they are losing money like they claim. The XBone is going to flop in some markets, I doubt pubs want to follow that..especially Japanese and European ones.

Plus if Sony wanted to play hardball, they could make it so they also couldn't release ps3 games...mainly EA. So Sony isn't powerless.

I'd just go with the way it is now, do you and wash my hands of it and HOPE that it's like it is currently with stuff like online passes and region locking..not many do it. MS is giving them the tools to do it so more can easily take advantage of it...Sony seemingly isn't. There is a middle ground wehere both pubs and consumers don't get everything they want but each have a choice of how far they want to take it. From them we can either not buy the games that do it or just be happy we have a choice.

Regardless at this point, tell me online isn't required and is free and I am satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom