• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be so awesome.

My mind can't even fathom the combination of CDPR with a cyberpunk setting. I literally can't get my mind around how awesome that combination is.

I just skipped around through 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 E3 conferences. Sony should emulate 2009 if they can with a few modifications...less time spent on handhelds and dead platforms (Sony talked about PS2!!! in 2009). They showed game after game, even some dudders. Like MAG. Lol. They even had an exclusive FF13 trailer in 2009 that filled everyone with hope that the game might turn out good. TRICO, GT5, Modnation, Uncharted 2, AC2, etc. They should mimic that show.

I can't count the amount of times I've watched the UC2 demonstration. I just love the crowd's reaction, gets me every time. :)

jiggle

Do you mean the True Fantasy Live Online game that they failed to do with Microsoft?

that and WKC and, most recently, Fantasy Life(?)
given SCE's F2P push
i could see them asking Level5 to make a F2p MMORPG
which would fall squarely into Hino's online ambition

Hex

Banned
Hello there, SonyGAF.

Just thought I'd pop across the aisle and say hello from NintendoGAF.

Hope you have a great conference - I'll be watching it too, of course! Hoping it goes well for all of us... as gamers. :)

Will be hoping to hear good things all around, and will be peeking in to see what is unwrapped. Good luck to us all.

Hello there, SonyGAF.

Hope you have a great conference - I'll be watching it too, of course! Hoping it goes well for all of us... as gamers. :)
Get out from heres.

I will by 3D Mario because I'm addicted like that.

Hello there, SonyGAF.

SSB4 trailer makes Nintendo E3 worth it by itself.But yeah you have a good one too!

One favorite IP of Sony's?

I would have to say God of War.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If it is any more than $399.99, it will be the same kind of mistake that PS3's launch ended up being. I can't believe it would be with more of a PC-ish architecture this time...

Agree. If they go for multiple SKUs and have a higher one at $449/$499, they need to market the $399 version as THE version to get like Apple does.

Dart

Hello there, SonyGAF.

Will be watching Nintendo too, for Pokemon news mostly. Can't wait.

i wouldn't mind if they give the whole online thing another stab
but not at the expense of an offline game
but whatever they do i hope they stick with celshading

Sony need its own cloud or 2 afterall
but given that they didn't even bother giving the series a HD treatment
i think it's dead and buried :<
No no..not with that attitude.

Izick

I want to believe in Star Tropics U!

I'll buy a Wii U for Smash U, but I can't wait to see Mario U and I really hope they show off what Retro has planned. I'm expecting great things from all the conferences.

Moxx19

Banned
Hello there, SonyGAF.

I'll be jumping over to check out 3D Mario, Smash, Kart and hopefully Retro's game. EAD Tokyo will probably shit all over everything else next gen or not.

Should be a good time for all gamers...... well... most. I hope.

LuuKyK

Hello there, SonyGAF.

hi5.gif

Ixion

This is how I think Sony's conference will go:

-Montage.
-Discussion about how PlayStation is growing, moving forward, blah blah blah.
-The PS4 console will be shown. Hardware features discussed.
-PS EYE is discussed and demoed.
-inFamous: Second Son playthrough.
-DESTINY playthrough. Exclusive content detailed.
-10 minutes dedicated to Vita. Some new trailers, features, and what-not.
-5 minutes dedicated to PS3. Trailers for GT6 and Beyond: Two Souls perhaps.
-PSN/Gaikai discussion. Either some new features are discussed or a road-map is announced for the roll-out of features.
-New trailers for the PS4 games we already know about. Killzone, DriveClub, Knack, etc.
-3rd-Party game reveal, possibly exclusive.
-Naughty Dog project revealed as launch title.
-PS4 pricing.
-Final Fantasy XV is revealed as PS4 exclusive.
-PS4 release date.

kasane

This is how I think Sony's conference will go:

-Montage.
-Discussion about how PlayStation is growing, moving forward, blah blah blah.
-The PS4 console will be shown. Hardware features discussed.
-PS EYE is discussed and demoed.
-New PSN features are discussed. Perhaps new tiered pricing.
-inFamous: Second Son playthrough.
-DESTINY playthrough. Exclusive content detailed.
-10 minutes dedicated to Vita. Some new trailers, features, and what-not.
-5 minutes dedicated to PS3. Trailers for GT6 and Beyond: Two Souls perhaps.
-Gaikai discussion. Either some new features are discussed or a road-map is announced for the roll-out of features.
-New trailers for the PS4 games we already know about. Killzone, DriveClub, Knack, etc.
-3rd-Party game reveal, possibly exclusive
-Naughty Dog project revealed as launch title.
-Kaz walks in only thing he says is 349
-Final Fantasy XV is revealed as PS4 exclusive.
-PS4 release date.

There :))

fixuis

Can somebody recap please? Did gopher or someone else start another rumor regarding steam and ps4 after the last one?(2500 jaws)

LuuKyK

Can somebody recap please? Did gopher or someone else start another rumor regarding steam and ps4 after the last one?(2500 jaws)

It is an older comment. It was probably a joke. But people will take everything he said as rumour at this point. :p

Sami+

Hello there, SonyGAF.

Heh. I'm not big on Nintendo at the moment, but I'll definitely be looking forward to Smash Bros. and X, myself.

Here's to great games all around. c:

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Hello there, SonyGAF.

I think you'll find many of us also own Nintendo things. I have played me DS more than my PS3 this past month.
Hope every conference is great. Except MS. I hope they crash and burn for their DRM/no used games nonsense.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
If Kaz comes out at the end and goes "$349" like the PS1 reveal, then the entire internet crashes. There's no way that's going to happen.

In other news, this may be old, but I didn't see it posted before: Sony Waives Patch Fees, Removes Concept Approval Process: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pr...s-Removes-Concept-Approval-Process-54045.html

The love for indy devs that PS4 is going to have is going to be fuckin' epic. It makes me want to even try gamedev again (I never made anything because I suck but I've wanted to make a game forever).

Izick

I hope they launch in September or October. Obviously I want it sooner rather than later, but it makes some sense from the business side as well. They get their console out there, launch titles get more attention and exposure compared to the mega-hitters like CoD; said mega-hitters can come out on their launch days; Sony can gauge interest and sales-expectations for the Holiday; they can release 1 or two more exclusives in the launch window with out overcrowding the launch day line-up, and making the console a better overall package for potential holiday buyers.

If Kaz comes out at the end and goes "$349" like the PS1 reveal, then the entire internet crashes. There's no way that's going to happen.

In other news, this may be old, but I didn't see it posted before: Sony Waives Patch Fees, Removes Concept Approval Process: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pr...s-Removes-Concept-Approval-Process-54045.html

The love for indy devs that PS4 is going to have is going to be fuckin' epic. It makes me want to even try gamedev again (I never made anything because I suck but I've wanted to make a game forever).

Wait, they completely removed patch fees? Is this confirmed? If so that's HUGE.

kasane

1995 Never forget. You never know though they might just do it

joshcryer

1995 Never forget. You never know though they might just do it

That would be the most epic thing in modern gaming history. There's no way. :D

Wait, they completely removed patch fees? Is this confirmed? If so that's HUGE.

Yep. Indy dev just got a hand up (not a hand out) as it were. It's pretty amazing. I posted much earlier in the thread about the Steam -> PS4 rumors and stuff and I think this plays into that to some extent. Greenlight? Fuck it. PSN + PS4 = GAMES.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Company doesn't seem like it's in a position to take a loss...

Stark

Banned
- Montage
- Sales, Growth
- PS+, Gaikai talk + Console Reveal, Release Date, Price
- TLOU, Beyond: Two Souls, and GT6 Launch Trailers
- Some Vita games; Freedom Wars for a few minutes
- Infamous Second Son Demo
- KZ: SF, DC, Knack Trailers
- New SSM Game/New IP
- Deep Down trailer + some time exclusive deal
- Witcher 3 Trailer
- Destiny Demo + Exclusive Content detail
- Final Fantasy XV - PS4 Excl.
- 3rd party game(s) announcement
- ND new game/U4
- Boom.

That's how I see it.

bh7812

Banned
Klonoa was definitely another awesome game I loved. Man, I love sidescrollers. Hopefully with the emergence of the PS4 Japanese devs will get to releasing more awesome games again, since it is much easier to program for than the PS3. I'm sure will see some cool indie stuff from Japanese studios anyway since they are basically letting them do it free.

Yeah, it sure looks like that Cell processor created colossal headaches and was very difficult to work with. Of course it figures that the developers have finally gotten their heads wrapped around it in the last year or so, just in time for this gen to end and PS4 coming. x86 architecture will be the best thing for everyone though-most already know how to work well with it so they can spend more time actually making the games. I too hope to see more creative Japanese games on PS4. I'd also like to see Goemon come back too along with Klonoa and Parappa.

joshcryer

I think they said they wont take a loss :lol: but they're flexible on pricing.

BOM (bill of materials) is thought to be $275. I'm thinking Patcher / the internet has that completely wrong and it's probably closer to $350. That's why my estimate is $379. However, if Patcher is right then the $349 insanity could happen, no doubt.

But yeah, I think with the specs we have for both systems neither company is willing to take a loss. It's just not rational this day and age. PC architecture can be seriously optimized when you have a standard system (compare Just Cause 2 to, say, GTA IV; different games, yes, but where the are similar one excels on really old hardware while the other chokes; just an example of a well optimized engine here).

Am I on GameFAQs?

Don't be mean, it was well intentioned, geez...

I hope FF XV or Versus is the one to hook me on the series, or on JRPG's in general.

As far as FF's go, I've tried XII and XIII and didn't really like either. When it comes to JRPG's, I've tried Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and a few others but none of them have really caught me.

Are you willing to play older PSone Classics? If so, there's a bunch of JRPGs you can try there if you're willing to shell out for them.

On that subject, I'm hoping that the PS4 is at least is compatible with PSone Classics purchases, maybe even PS2 Classics. They run off software emulators, right? Shouldn't be that hard to get them running on much stronger hardware.

fixuis

I would kill for a new colony wars,, warhawk 2 or MAG 2 ..KILL I TELL YA!!! oh and 349$..don't think it's going to happen. I'm leaning towards 429 -499. But yeah - online play better be free. I'm already a plus user for both uk and us and will gladly pay for a tiered service but online better be free duuuuudess

Izick

Are you willing to play older PSone Classics? If so, there's a bunch of JRPGs you can try there if you're willing to shell out for them.

On that subject, I'm hoping that the PS4 is at least is compatible with PSone Classics purchases, maybe even PS2 Classics. They run off software emulators, right? Shouldn't be that hard to get them running on much stronger hardware.

Definitely. I just have no idea where to start as a semi-newcomer to the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom