• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most epic thing i've ever seen. Ashamed this is my first time watching it.

My body is ready. Just give me FFV13, Kingdom Hearts 3, Next Gen Uncharted/new IP, New IP from Santa Monica Studio, MGS5 for PS4, GTA5 for PS4, TLG for PS4, OR $399.

Just ONE of these will bring me tears of joy. Please make me cry like a bitch Sony.

What would you do if we had all?

Feorax

I'm looking forward to seeig more of Sony's F2P and PS+ ideas going forward. Having Planetside and DCU: Online will be a big boost to them around launch if they're ready in time.

I reckon Sony already have the value aspect on lockdown.

What would you do if we had all?

iuEgKJxo92vos.gif

Best E3 Ever.

This is the most epic thing i've ever seen. Ashamed this is my first time watching it.

My body is ready. Just give me FFV13, Kingdom Hearts 3, Next Gen Uncharted/new IP, New IP from Santa Monica Studio, MGS5 for PS4, GTA5 for PS4, TLG for PS4, OR $399.

Just ONE of these will bring me tears of joy. Please make me cry like a bitch Sony.

I would say 1 of those is almost certain, maybe 2.

Zok310

Banned
Yep, that's an excellent summary. Not much point in Cerny doing filler crap. Cerny will probably be there either to unveil the hardware or to demo Knack.

Sony should send him out to address DRM, afterwards set him up for a bunch of interviews, he has been very quiet since the announcement.

Eliciel

From all we've heard. Based on everything we've experienced from MS, EA, Activision. I fell like Sony won't announce DRM enforced by the PlayStation 4. They will announce that the developers/publishers do have to decide if they enforce DRM on their games not Sony.

I think this is the only measure that Sony can actually take like a win-win situation, because if Sony gets out there and states: "We're not going to have DRM on the PS4, not at all. Not now and not in the future" Most definitely EA and Activision and of course other companies that see DRM as a chance to get more money will stop their PS4 support. Sony can't get out there without those companies they'll lose a major part of their gamer base (market share also intuitively), because there are gamers with a lot of money out there who will definitely buy those games and if Sony isn't participating in that they'll simply lose money.

It's a win-win situation, because a lot of us gamers will be ok with that (at first). The big problem is there is a certain possibility that all developers/publishers will turn their backs as soon as they'll see that games are selling even with DRM on it.

I'm really excited what we're going to hear/see. At the moment I can't decide if I'm more excited because of the games or the announcements dealing with DRM.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Wait, does DemonNite work for Sony or something? I thought his countdown was him being a fan or whatever?

:O

No, he's a Gaffer posting fantasy gif's. Don't let the others mislead you.

(If all his gifs turn out to be true the entire internet will go down and Sony will destroy MS in one fell swoop. There's no way.)

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think all the GIFs mean something, I mean, Colony Wars? I seriously doubt that's ever coming back. TLG being there should surprise no one though.

Feorax

From all we've heard. Based on everything we've experienced from MS, EA, Activision. I fell like Sony won't announce DRM enforced by the PlayStation 4. They will announce that the developers/publishers do have to decide if they enforce DRM on their games not Sony.

I think this is the only measure that Sony can actually take like a win-win situation, because if Sony gets out there and states: "We're not going to have DRM on the PS4, not at all. Not now and not in the future" Most definitely EA and Activision and of course other companies that see DRM as a chance to get more money will stop their PS4 support. Sony can't get out there without those companies they'll lose a major part of their gamer base (market share also intuitively), because there are gamers with a lot of money out there who will definitely buy those games and if Sony isn't participating in that they'll simply lose money.

It's a win-win situation, because a lot of us gamers will be ok with that (at first). The big problem is there is a certain possibility that all developers/publishers will turn their backs as soon as they'll see that games are selling even with DRM on it.

I'm really excited what we're going to hear/see. At the moment I can't decide if I'm more excited because of the games or the announcements dealing with DRM.

I think most are expecting this. The only question is whether it's done like Microsoft at a hardware level (opt out DRM) or done through online pass type codes and using the publishers own servers (opt in). Despite very similar outcomes, one of these makes Sony look significantly better than the other.

Audioboxer

I'm staying up to watch this even with work to go to (UK time is like 2am).

Has to be watched live, and it'll be almost impossible to watch it later without something getting spoiled.

Each year the E3 hype is always greater than the goods actually delivered, so I hope for once this really is a great E3.

I'm kind of hoping TLG is a PS4 launch game now. I don't mind playing it on PS3 but if I could buy a PS4 and know that game is going to be playable on the system it'd be a big incentive. If they announced PS4 TLG for 2015 or something I'd be mighty pissed off.

Think I'm done with the PS3 after TLoU, GTA5 and a few indie titles coming out.

Shahed

4 Days to go! Thought I'd come up with a list of 10 topics (one per day) we can all post about until E3 gets here.
=========================================================================== ========
0J6J4I1.png

=========================================================================== ========

What's your favorite weapon, or item, or power, from a Playstation game?

Pick 1 thing (1 weapon/power and/or 1 item).

It's hard to pick, but a lot of the weapons in Ratchet fit quite well. Especially the mini turret that you can throw down. I found it hilarious having enemies chase me while I spammed them everywhere, even moreso when they upgraded into rocket form

3 Days to go! Almost there! Thought I'd come up with a list of 10 topics (one per day) we can all post about until E3 gets here.

KxGj79e.png

Who is the best villain in a Playstation game? :)

Pick only 3 villains (or less).

May be too typical, but I can't decide between Liquid or Sephiroth. Early experiences and all. Albedo is pretty good as well

2 Days to go! 2 days until our jaws drop! Thought I'd come up with a list of 10 topics (one per day) we can all post about until E3 gets here.

last topic was about villains, so this one is:

3j8Nnqh.png

Who are your favorite Playstation characters (that are not villains)?

Pick only 3 heroes/protagonists (or less).

Difficult since there are so many. Snake and KOS-MOS come to mind first. Probably add Wander as the 3rd, but I'd end up giving a different answer if asked another day

1 Day to go! 1 day until our jaws drop! ULTROS! will be substituting bigboss370 for this so enjoy!

The final question:

UDehVZi.png

What is your favorite PlayStation game or IP?

You can only pick one.

This is two questions! As an IP I would say Final Fantasy, but as a game I would go Shadow of the Colossus.

Sorc3r3r

I think that even if Sony is going totally DRM free there will be plenty of support by EA, AV, and US.
Can those big pubblishers live only on MS?
The DRMs MS is setting up can make them regain all the money they would lost not supporting a DRM free ps4?
I think that by mistaking this new scenario they(pubs) can really risck their whole business.

They can try to softly favour the xbone with timed dlcs, or something like that, but going beyond this can backfire.

Instead to gain marketshare they would lost it.
And i don't know how much they would like new big actors in their biz.

With this i'm also saying that the DRM thingy must be seen also as a platform holder direct policy.

My opinion of course :).

Replicant

I am trying to feel the hype, but the uncertainties concerning drm and if I will be able to freely sell/buy used games keep me from jumping on the train.

Same. I hope the first thing Sony shows is a slide with statements of:

No DRM (or publisher on publisher base)
No used game restriction
Region free

sublimit

Banned
Kind of. While they should save some announcements for Gamescom and TGS, it's best to get the big hitters at E3 where they will gain traction with gamers earlier.

And not to mention that all of these games (TLG,FFvs,DeS) are very internationally oriented.E3 is definitely the best place to introduce them.

I-hate-u

Sony announced the PS4 in US instead of JPN. That sends out a message saying which territory holds the most importance. However, Sony is a Japanese company so obviously its home territory is a top priority. They will need to keep some stuff for its Japanese core audience to show them they have not ignored their significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom