• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranXico

I don't think Cerny will be doing the talking at E3. It will be a very good surprise if he does, but I'm not counting on it.

DieH@rd

Banned
What is 15 about?

15 nights of crying and waiting
shadowofthecolossusj0l6ux5.png

AmanoBuff

he mean something like this:

yAPuwgJ.png

like without a rectangular background/color, so it (the letters/numbers) blends in to the background color of the post.

Lol. My bad. I completely forgot I use the iPad agent of Safari to browse GAF on my Mac, so all posts have a white background. ;P I'll do another version in a few minutes.

Thorgal

I think the Xbox One conference is reminding us otherwise. As a consumer, I hope not.

think of it this way.

the rumor about the used games came out 16 months ago and the always online was reported earlier this year even though it was reported multiple times that the MS campus security was locked up tighther than fort nox and the ones who where working on the x1 could'nt even tell their boss what they where working on and still those things leaked.

Now while i won't deny that sony also was on maximum lockdown .there has not been one single rumor or leak reported that stated in even the most vague way possible that Sony is doing the same as MS .not one as far as i am aware.

So far as i can see or heard the onlything that could be seen as a bad thing is no BC or a potential region lock altough i seriously doubt that.

Withnail

cliffy b took a break from games,i don't see him there. Insomniac won't be there either, they went multiplat for a reason.cod demo is guaranteed though.

Regarding Insomniac, correct me if I'm wrong but EA Partners was recently discontinued and it's currently looking like Fuse is quite the bomba. They need to find a new publisher for their next game and I think it's very possible they'd take work from MS.

Suzzopher

Regarding Insomniac, correct me if I'm wrong but EA Partners was recently discontinued and it's currently looking like Fuse is quite the bomba. They need to find a new publisher for their next game and I think it's very possible they'd take work from MS.

I fully expect them to be working on a Xbox One exclusive.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Well, that is impressive. I do assume some of those will be XBLA and Kinect titles but it's good to see them cranking out games.

Keep in mind that that number is for the first year as well. A lot of people keep touting it as if it's launch window. That could be 3 or 4 games for launch with one a month following. Mixing that up with Kinect/XBLA stuff and potential delays it really doesn't amount to all that many major games. I'm honestly surprised they went for the number thing. No one's done it in a while and it's very see through. Show me the games to get excited about, don't just give me a number and expect me to be impressed.

Empty

also as someone either in here or another thread pointed out microsoft allows its partners to retain their ip (gears of war, mass effect for example) which i imagine insomniac would find tempting.

Dicear

Banned
I remember that last year, there was a thread specifically created to make sure people could go in watching the E3 press conference 'blind', for everyone that has to miss watching it live. There were links in the thread to archived vids of alle conferences without any information about what happened/what was shown. Is it possible that someone is willing to do this again? Because the Sony E3 press conference is during midnight in the place where I live, so I won't be able to watch it. Also, streaming generally sucks because my internet connection is unstable. To be able to download the video's is much easier for me.

Globox_82

Banned
just rewatched sony reveal game demos, i hope they don't waste time on another live demos for KZ, drive Club, MM. Just show trailers

EA are going in hard with MS because they support EA's online check and DRM. MS and EA have a partnership and Titan is exclusive with MS.

I'm hoping that the reason EA is with MS and not Sony is because Sony diid not concede to having online mandatory and DRM.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I really don't that bs in my gaming console.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
just rewatched sony reveal game demos, i hope they don't waste time on another live demos for KZ, drive Club, MM. Just show trailers

I think they'll do something for DriveClub since it wasn't exactly a full on live demo at the Meeting. KZSF will probably get a multiplayer trailer or something, I don't expect them to do another campaign live demo on stage with potentially several other major FPS to show.

EA are going in hard with MS because they support EA's online check and DRM. MS and EA have a partnership and Titan is exclusive with MS.

I'm hoping that the reason EA is with MS and not Sony is because Sony diid not concede to having online mandatory and DRM.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I really don't that bs in my gaming console.

Well EA did say at the MS conference that they share the same beliefs.

Keep in mind that that number is for the first year as well. A lot of people keep touting it as if it's launch window. That could be 3 or 4 games for launch with one a month following. Mixing that up with Kinect/XBLA stuff and potential delays it really doesn't amount to all that many major games. I'm honestly surprised they went for the number thing. No one's done it in a while and it's very see through. Show me the games to get excited about, don't just give me a number and expect me to be impressed.

Absolutely. I didn't want to make a thread about it but what does everyone think is the luanch title count for either system? I'm saying 6-7 titles and that's a stretch. They risk underselling a big title without a ton of consoles out.

Optimistically cautious, want to see more Killzone: Shadowfall and Killzone: Mercenary at the very least, maybe show off a 3rd party title or two. Sony has been playing it safe so I'm" not expecting any surprises (or surprises I'd care about).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Even with EA "going in hard" for MS I'm surprised at how small the DLC deal turned out to be. Titan being exclusive is pretty huge but I also expected them to get a lot more DLC support as well. With rumors popping up about BF4 DLC timed exclusivity on PS4 popping up and DICE's open preference for PS4 (the team who's making the engine that powers all of EA's nonsport games, so basically confirming all of EA's games will run better on PS4), I think EA understands that they need both consoles to survive.

Optimistically cautious, want to see more Killzone: Shadowfall and Killzone: Mercenary at the very least, maybe show off a 3rd party title or two. Sony has been playing it safe so I'm" not expecting any surprises (or surprises I'd care about).
I think they'll show off some connectivity between the two.

what?

they will have to go all out, they probably want people to buy the system. Being cautious won't get them anywhere

Stampy

MM didn't even show a real game, so I don't see why their gameplay would be bad. But still I am certain that they will not be at E3. If they will show their new game at a conference this year, then Gamescom is the place.

As for Drive Club, they need to show some driving game at E3 just to counter Forza, be it the Drive Club or GT6, out of those two I believe Drive Club is more certain.

AmanoBuff

I believe the same. But even then they only showed some exclusive DLC for Fifa. Perhaps the have something else but I don't think I will be that big. They just can't afford to ignore PS4 market entirely.

It's understandable that people would look at Microsoft as an indication at what Sony might do. If I recall correctly, when the first anti-consumer rumors surfaced, a lot of people thought that either both companies would do it or neither would do it. The general sentiment was that Microsoft would not do it alone.

Also, I think I remember Sony being asked specific questions about the rumors, but they never have a straight answer. I think Yoshida confirmed that PlayStation 4 could play used games, but you could also claim the same for Xbox One.

I think it's reasonable to expect some bad news, but I personally believe Sony will do a bang-up job at E3.

what?

they will have to go all out, they probably want people to buy the system. Being cautious won't get them anywhere

Depends on what you mean by go all out. I'm" just saying that I don't expect them to blow their entire load at E3; I simply expect them to follow up on what they've already revealed plus some extras. If they do go all out then cool it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom