• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference (PART 2); June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheteedo

For me, Sony haven't put a foot wrong so far, and that makes me nervous for their conference today, it just feels like impending doom. I just wish they had given us an indicator of how many as yet unseen PS4 games are featuring in the conference, hypothetically if they spend a lot of time of Beyond:TS, GT6, and the Last Guardian (which turns out to be PS3 only), then only 1 or 2 games beyond those announced at the PS4 reveal are shown... then... well I'm still there day 1, but the conference will not have knocked my socks off.

CpRXqXm.png

I couldn't find the official source, but that image popped up on a few sites.

Actually, on a second look I don't know about there being two curved sides...the one on the left looks like it might be more like an angled edge - a side that kind of angles out.

Then again, maybe this silhouette is completely arbitrary and not actually representative of the box...

It looks like someone put a blanket over a person who's on all fours.

Kyon

Banned
Timed right? No way Square limits their sales like that.

Nope. Also Japan is not touching XBone so I'd believe it

I think Final Fantasy will straight up be completely exclusive this time around. Maybe FF16 will go back to multi-platform.

Yup

This. Sony is involved with the development based on the rumors so it would remain completely exclusive.

If PS4 thing comes true then I believe it

Depends if Microsoft do!

Not really - people seem to think everything Sony does is reactionary to Microsoft, when everything about the PS4 so far has been the opposite of that; Sony have been leading the way, be it internally with the hardware and the tools environment, or with relations with developers or with the actual reveal of the platform itself - Sony have been going at their own pace, it is Microsoft who have been floundering and scrambling to try and keep up. If they reveal a price today then they've always intended to, whether Microsoft does so or not.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm fucking terrible at naps, so I guess I'll just be extra tired tomorrow.

Slime

Banned
This. Sony is involved with the development based on the rumors so it would remain completely exclusive.

Wasn't the person who said Sony was co-developing proven to be lying, though? Or am I mixing up rumors.

Too many hoaxers out and about this year. Can't keep track.

If all ms can do is ask Devs not to show there games we should be in for a great conference....watch ms show for ps4 games as well! watch sony and nintnedo show for exclusive titles...tally everything up and support which condole justifies the cost to u. I truly hope ppl adopt a more serious mindset about there games though. We know where our food cones from, know where ur games come from and lay attention to the companies you support. Good gaming fellow GAFS', have a wonderful E3 experience...

I-hate-u

Wasn't the person who said Sony was co-developing proven to be lying, though? Or am I mixing up rumors.

Too many hoaxers out and about this year. Can't keep track.

That rumor came from VGleaks I believe. I am not sure about their track record.

And you will. You think he's assisting on a HD port booth while his decade long game is shown for really real for the first time?
Oh shit, I read that all wrong. Thought he would be on a tour or something promoting 1.5, meaning that he wouldn't be able to attend.

Hype levels restored, thanks! :D

Slime

Banned
That rumor came from VGleaks I believe. I am not sure about their track record.

Oh, in that case then who knows. I still doubt it will be exclusive, but that lends it a bit more credibility.

I was thinking the Sony rumor came from Zeal's "blowout" of BS.

Raist

Banned
CpRXqXm.png

Actually, on a second look I don't know about there being two curved sides...the one on the left looks like it might be more like an angled edge - a side that kind of angles out.

Then again, maybe this silhouette is completely arbitrary and not actually representative of the box...

It kind of looks like there's a DS4 in there. Which would make the console ridiculously small if it's behind it.

Pachimari

Well I'm a human being.

And apparently the E3 Nintendo Direct also takes place at the same time the following day? This E3 is seriously gonna screw up my sleep routine.

Well 3am is a whole different beast :p That would mean going to sleep at like 4-5 am, I'd be a zombie the day after

edit: you're right, Sony conference was at 6pm PT last year as well. Nintendo conference was in the morning though.

No. The Nintendo Direct is at 16:00 Tuesday.

I have to cover Microsoft at 18:30, EA at 22:00, Ubisoft at 00:00 and Sony at 03:00. Then I gotta go to school at 07:00. And then back home for the Nintendo Direct.

CpRXqXm.png

PlayStation 4 is gonna look like the Panasonic Q.

Seriously, it looks like there's a sofa underneath that.

wouwie

It's strange. Getting very close to the Sony conference and we know next to nothing of what is going to happen. I hope there are going to be some great games and i hope that The Last Guardian makes an impressive reappearance (well... one can hope and dream for a couple of hours :)).

I was considering staying up (EU so 3 in the night) but i'm not sure. Might watch the other conferences, get a bit of sleep and then watch the Sony one in the morning spoiler free.

Soriku

Oh, in that case then who knows. I still doubt it will be exclusive, but that lends it a bit more credibility.

I was thinking the Sony rumor came from Zeal's "blowout" of BS.

Zeal admitted he "leaked" that particular piece of info to VGLeaks. Some people said he might be lying, but if he wasn't we know it's bullshit.

Acheteedo

Not really - people seem to think everything Sony does is reactionary to Microsoft, when everything about the PS4 so far has been the opposite of that; Sony have been leading the way, be it internally with the hardware and the tools environment, or with relations with developers or with the actual reveal of the platform itself - Sony have been going at their own pace, it is Microsoft who have been floundering and scrambling to try and keep up. If they reveal a price today then they've always intended to, whether Microsoft does so or not.

But... those things definitely are a reaction to Microsoft.

Pachimari

All I want is:

• PlayStation Home announced as a pre-install on PS4
  • The Last Guardian PS3/PS4
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII or FF XV for PS4

Slime

Banned
Versus will be exclusive to either PS3 or PS4

If it's still a current-gen game, I agree.

If it's being changed to next-gen, and especially if it becomes XV, then I fully expect it to be multiplatform. Assuming the Sony part isn't true, anyway.

The reason I want FFversusXIII is not the game itself, but a full soundtrack composed by Yoko Shimomura and because the game is so long in development.
I want eargasms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom