• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference (PART 2); June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Shit why so late, this is 3am in continental Europe, no way I'm gonna stay up for this.

I've been following E3 for years now and I don't remember ever having to wake up in the middle of the night for a first party conference, why the change this year? Well enjoy your Last Guardian live footage guys :/

It's been at 1-2am BST for the last 2-3 years.

SilentFlyer

CpRXqXm.png

I couldn't find the official source, but that image popped up on a few sites.

Actually, on a second look I don't know about there being two curved sides...the one on the left looks like it might be more like an angled edge - a side that kind of angles out.

Then again, maybe this silhouette is completely arbitrary and not actually representative of the box...

This image is legit I can confirm. I also received this image in my inbox from Playstation along with the invitation to bookmark the conference.

Why would you need sleep?
Well I'm a human being.

And apparently the E3 Nintendo Direct also takes place at the same time the following day? This E3 is seriously gonna screw up my sleep routine.

It's been at 1-2am BST for the last 2-3 years.
Well 3am is a whole different beast :p That would mean going to sleep at like 4-5 am, I'd be a zombie the day after

edit: you're right, Sony conference was at 6pm PT last year as well. Nintendo conference was in the morning though.

netBuff

Well I'm a human being.

And apparently the E3 Nintendo Direct also takes place at the same time the following day? This E3 is seriously gonna screw up my sleep routine.

Ah, my positronic brain sometimes forgets not everyone is an android.

I'm in the same boat as you are timewise, and I'm probably going to stay up through the night and only sleep a pitiful amount :p

demolitio

Time to go to bed for a few hours before my appointment. When I get back, I expect some people to be in a panic hoping Sony shows some games just because MS showed a few but then all will be well at night and no matter which company "won" the presentation, it won't convince you to buy into the DRM that CBoaT made sound even worse than we though which I didn't think was possible.

I think some people are like me before I realized I didn't care enough. We're true gamers at heart but don't want to go back on our plans not to support MS just because they showed a few cool exclusives. I've bought every console these past few generations because I love games in general, but I'm not worrying over what MS shows because it will never be enough unless they come right out and announce their DRM plans and change it. We'll be lucky if they even describe it accurately without all the PR talk considering how many interviews they cancelled afterwards...My friend feels the same way and now he's worried if he boycotts the anti-consumer BS, he'll be missing out on some good games but my theory is that there's ALWAYS good games to be had and Sony's first-party studios will make up for whatever third-party games go exclusive...

As much as I want to see some surprises for the PS4, I'm really curious about the Vita. The new remote play will be nice, but that sexy piece of hardware deserves much more than that.

Edit: Oh, and Cerny!

I assume we all already had Shahid's bosses tweet posted in here?

"14 hours until we see more of GAMES console. By gamers, for gamers. By developers, for developers. For playing GAMES on."

Although he did say that three hours ago, which would make us see "more" in about 11 hours from now so I'm confused.

CpRXqXm.png

Actually, on a second look I don't know about there being two curved sides...the one on the left looks like it might be more like an angled edge - a side that kind of angles out.

Then again, maybe this silhouette is completely arbitrary and not actually representative of the box...

PS4's design is what I'm most excited for. Things like Versus and TLG are still speculation anyway. The box is going to look glorious. Hype!

Amir0x

Banned
Today is the day guys. Gotta be ready for all sorts of misinformation trains today. And please Sony, just throw us a bone on Last Guardian. Please :(

Thanks.

It's looks to me like the two sides form a 'car headlight' type curve, perhaps leading to a display?

If you think back to that video with the super close ups of the console, there were a lot of rectangular vents, then it showed a curved section with a more traditional PC style fan. I think the console is curved at the back and slopes down to a more angular front.

In that picture, you can see a curved hump on the left, and that's what I think it is.

demolitio

Today is the day guys. Gotta be ready for all sorts of misinformation trains today. And please Sony, just throw us a bone on Last Guardian. Please :(

I'm sure someone will try and troll me by saying SOCOM is coming back on PS4 or Vita. It's only natural that my favorite series are left for misinformation campaigns only...

tusken77

Cerny only said "high speed memory" lot of confussion, then Sony PDF confirmed the GDDR5.

Cerny said this....

"And for system memory I'm proud to announce that we're equipping the system with 8GB of high speed unified memory. Both satisfying the number one developer request for ease of game creation and also increasing the richness of content achievable on the platform. And with PlayStation 4 we're taking an unprecedented step. For system memory we're using GDDR5."

Tizoc

CpRXqXm.png

...Damnit my brain is on the fritz: I thought TODAY was the 9th lol!
Well I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight try to watch the stream while playing on the PS3 today after I get back from the gym.
This thing is 6 hours from now~

Timed right? No way Square limits their sales like that.

Even if Square makes it non exclusive the 360 sales for FF games aren't anything to brag about, not to mention japan refuses to buy Microsoft consoles.

So would it be worth it to make it non exclusive? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom