• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony GamesCom Press Conference Thread

Ettie

Kibbles said:
It looks alright laying down. Standing up it looks hideous. Also, what deserved that backwards plane gif? I missed the past hour and a half or so. By the way, that gif is not cool, not funny in any way. I don't know what's going on there, but fuck you poster.

Also, any missing features/added features for the Slim?

Nothing deserved it, poster was dick, Bish got'em.

jmdajr said:
gc-2009-ps3-slim-and-price-drop-announced-20090818112014190_640w.jpg

gc-2009-ps3-slim-and-price-drop-announced-20090818112012128_640w.jpg

no hdd slot
Turn it around.

xtop

Pristine_Condition said:
No it doesn't AT ALL.

If it was external, it wouldn't say "AC in," would it? It would say "DC in," wouldn't it?

just took a look at my ps2 slim. says dc in. so yeah..i'd say the ps3 slim has an internal psu

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I just read through all the pages and I have to say this was the best European conference ever. You delivered sony... I shall buy the PSP go and Slim for this awesomeness of a show...

I wish they kept the memory card reader, I have the 60 GB from launch and use it often for pictures but the fact that new don't have it I am disappointed at.

gcubed

drmcclin said:
Source? And what about the RSX?

The power supply is internal, folks. It clearly says "AC IN"

not sure if it is 100% confirmed, but they have been making them as of earlier this year when these things were hinted at. matched up with the greater then 30% power savings, and it simply can't be running the same as the current 80's

xtop said:
just took a look at my ps2 slim. says dc in. so yeah..i'd say the ps3 slim has an internal psu

If that is so, you are getting a 120 GB HD, a wireless network adapter, a Blu Ray drive, and a PowerSupply all in that little tiny case. This thing is like a technological masterpiece.

Kintaco

Amazon has the price drop now. The Uncharted bundle is $450, meh. Why buy now, when you can get the bigger HD in a couple of weeks.

NM: when you click the link it shows $399, which is still meh.

jax (old)

Banned
seeing how this is the PC thread... where are the OTHER announcements.. I'm surprised they used this thing in germany to push this message. I guess any venue is like another seeing how information is disseminated globally instanteously with the internet.

xtop

3rdamention said:
If that is so, you are getting a 120 GB HD, a wireless network adapter, a Blu Ray drive, and a PowerSupply all in that little tiny case. This thing is like a technological masterpiece.

i just hope thats a door on the front of the system so we can put in a bigger drive. its got me worried that there's no mention of it yet

gcubed

Pristine_Condition said:
As I said before...It says "AC IN."

That's confirmation.

Go check any device you have with an external AC adaptor. Outside the plug it'll say DC, not AC.

The power savings have nothing to do with it, if anything it helps them use a smaller power supply.

umm, i was talking about the 45nm cell

spwolf

The new PS3 system is also equipped with the BRAVIA® Sync™ feature. By connecting the new PS3 system and a BRAVIA TV with the HDMI cable, users are able to directly operate the XMB on PS3 using the TV remote control. Other functions include “System Standby” that will automatically turn off the PS3 system when the BRAVIA TV is turned off*4.

thats pretty cool... too bad I dont have Bravia TV :D

jmdajr

EBGAMES says:

There are moments so significant that everyone remembers exactly what they were doing when it happened. One of those moments is upon us. Make sure you're doing something cool so that you don't have to tell your grandchildren a boring story when they ask about the great PlayStation 3 price drop of 2009.

seantos

Neo Member
tiong_fi said:
GG Sony, PS3 Slim is actually more expensive than the current model here in Finland. (PS3 Slim RRP 359 euros, currently 329 euros)
Did they announce pricing for any of the regions outside UK, US, and Japan? I hadn't seen any links yet. Any word on pricing in Canada? Is it actually going to be $299 as well or will it be the usual $329-$349 exchange?

jmdajr said:
EBGAMES says:

There are moments so significant that everyone remembers exactly what they were doing when it happened. One of those moments is upon us. Make sure you're doing something cool so that you don't have to tell your grandchildren a boring story when they ask about the great PlayStation 3 price drop of 2009.
:lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I do love a matte finish... But I'm not going to jump ship unless my current (non-BC) machine suddenly explodes.

west

tiong_fi said:
GG Sony, PS3 Slim is actually more expensive than the current model here in Finland. (PS3 Slim RRP 359 euros, currently 329 euros)

I really do hope you know that 329 is not the current official price in Finland. Retailers are just selling them cheaper. Just like the slim will probably be under 300 in major chains.

tanod

when is my burrito
Pristine_Condition said:
No it doesn't AT ALL.

If it was external, it wouldn't say "AC in," would it? It would say "DC in," wouldn't it?

Cool. That's awesome then.

Sony's hardware engineers continue to prove they are fricking geniuses.

nib95

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
You guys are crazy the new design is fu#$ awesome:

3833593107_579fa1b592_b.jpg

3834387256_217fa5a6e3_b.jpg

I was going to finally pick up a wii but it looks like I am double dipping the ps3.
I have become a sad sad man.

That is just pure sleek, simplistic, minimalist beauty right there.

Iknos

goomba said:
Why are some people here intending to buy one when they already have a PS3?

Another Bluray player for another room that could be used for multiplayer games between consoles.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
goomba said:
Why are some people here intending to buy one when they already have a PS3?
They want the slim badly... You can always find a space for a Slim. Bedroom, basement, garage, personal game room...

atched up with the greater then 30% power savings, and it simply can't be running the same as the current 80's

or the 30% power savings could be from same Cell, smaller RSX. Inquiring minds want to know!

Another Bluray player for another room that could be used for multiplayer games between consoles.

Blu-Ray + Networked media player in another corner of the house.

Dabanton

jmdajr said:
EBGAMES says:

Is that real? :lol

Top Bottom