• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony GamesCom Press Conference Thread

Keikoku

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
U mad? Always hating.

Mad at what ? I know that PS3 slim is good news for non-PS3 owners and stuff but do we really need dumb/biased comparisons like this one ? If you think so, that's good for you.

Dizzan

MINI Member
tass0 said:
Funny price comparision, this is sure to cause an uproar :p

Why oh why?

Raistlin

Keikoku said:
So you prefered to talk about themes than mic ? Interesting. And the DVD/BR stuff doesn't change anything to the gaming experience, or multiplat. games would all be better on PS3... which is obviously not the case. Also live worths the price.

I really don't want to dredge up this fucking argument, but that's just a silly statement. The vast majority of devs do not have the time and money to redesign a title to take advantage of the format. Look to exclusives for that.

Onix said:
I really don't want to dredge up this fucking argument, but that's just a silly statement. The vast majority of devs do not have the time and money to redesign a title to take advantage of the format. Look to exclusives for that.
Too bad exclusives are a dying breed =(

Cirekiller said:
Too bad exclusives are a dying breed =(
Only the third-party kind. Sony is a very big publisher, so there will continue to be plenty of exclusives for PS3. Not as many as there were for PS2, of course, when third parties could be counted on to make a lot, but then PS2 was exceptional in a lot of ways.

Cosmozone

And once again, I must compliment myself for choosing the only right decision, this time for holding out for the PS3. *pats oneself on shoulder*

But honestly, the Slim is a great configuration, no compromises on HD space, cool size, cool price. Even with my overwhelming backlog, I'm seriously tempted.

Snowden

Banned
Onix said:
It's a silly statement because you want to see the developers' side rather than the consumer's? If I want to play a third-party game on my PS3, I don't care what the developer had to go through. I care about what I'm paying money for.

Oh wait.

Onix.

Fedos

Naughtboy said:
You determined all of this just because they released a slimmer console and dropped the price a little?? I mean if the PS3 was selling before this, then i could certainly agree with you, but it was in a staggered last place, with this news i do expect it to probably jump the gun probably place 1st the month of September, but after that they're going to need more to stay afloat.

Great announcement though, was waiting for this announcement to pick one up. Excellent

I can understand the pessimism, considering the system has been languishing on store shelves throughout the year, but honestly, I don't think that matters anymore. In one fell swoop Sony has positioned the PS3 to be competetive with the other two consoles. It's bound to sell well regardless of what it was selling before, just based on the comparative price points. One has to also consider that the holidays are approaching and that with this new low price it's almost a given that the system will be snapped up from now until early next year.

Considering also that the Wii has dropped precipitously in demand (selling 250,000 consoles last month in NPD), then I don't think it's a stretch to assume (if that continues) that the PS3 could sell compartively, if not better. I also mentioned in the NPD thread that I think that it's possible for the 360 to sell more than the Wii in an upcoming month, given Wii sales trends.

I acknowledge that some of the PS2 userbase have made the jump to next gen (buying either Wiis or 360s) but I am convinced that some others have been holding out. Consoles sell the best at the $199 price point. And then you also have to take into account that many Wii owners have have just come into the gaming realm only this gen. We will see for sure in a short while just how potent this price cut really is, but I stand by my assessment that Nintendo and Microsoft should be a bit concerned. Heck, sometime this gen a Microsoft exec was quoted as saying that they, even given Sony's last place position, still don't underestimate the power of the Playstation brand. If they thought that then, when they were beating up on Sony, then the war rooms at Redmond should be abuzz with how they can stay one step ahead of Sony in light of this recent price cut.

jorma

is now taking requests
Estival said:
After this whole thing, the thing I am STILL thinking about was what that "ultrasound man" joke meant. I really don't get it.

But I did get the hip replacement one.

- That new dude, is he legit?
- Yea, he's sound, mate.

Do you get it now? =)

Top Bottom