• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony GamesCom Press Conference Thread

-x.Red.x-

BradleyUK said:
This is how the slim came about

sigesc.png
:lol

Naughtboy

Banned
Fedos said:
Wow I'm simply amazed. Bravo Sony, good show. I didn't think they'd drop the price to $299 (I thought it would be $350) but now that they did I gotta say, I think Microsoft should be a bit worried. And this is me saying this with a preference towards the 360 (I got a PS3 in April). Heck, maybe even Nintendo should be a bit worried, especially with their lagging sales as of late. Sony just made this the most competetive gen ever.

You determined all of this just because they released a slimmer console and dropped the price a little?? I mean if the PS3 was selling before this, then i could certainly agree with you, but it was in a staggered last place, with this news i do expect it to probably jump the gun probably place 1st the month of September, but after that they're going to need more to stay afloat.

Great announcement though, was waiting for this announcement to pick one up. Excellent

jax (old)

Banned
PistolGrip said:
They want the slim badly... You can always find a space for a Slim. Bedroom, basement, garage, personal game room...

the streaming media aspect for PS3 + PMS makes this an absolute winner. Once you discovered it, you really can't go back. Its a great media device. I love it!

I LOVE IT!!!

test_account

XP-39C²
I am wondering about something that Eurogamer.net's liveblog said:

"19:38:54 - And it's over. The PS3 slim is being mobbed like Keeley Hawes dipped in honey and handing out free fags."

Do they mean that people in the audience at Sony's press conference really wanted to see the PS3 Slim or was it more of a joke that people in general really wants to see and/or buy a PS3 Slim, but they cant get their hands on it right now (they must wait until 1st of September or something when the PS3 Slim gets released)?

alternade

No BC eh? well I guess im not trading in my PS2 anytime soon, gotta get through my back catalog......unless TGS has a suprise instore!

RavenFox

Banned
Naughtboy said:
You determined all of this just because they released a slimmer console and dropped the price a little?? I mean if the PS3 was selling before this, then i could certainly agree with you, but it was in a staggered last place, with this news i do expect it to probably jump the gun probably place 1st the month of September, but after that they're going to need more to stay afloat.

Great announcement though, was waiting for this announcement to pick one up. Excellent
You mean like their games? Or the fact you get all that tech now for $299? Check the sales before you make a comment. If i could sell consoles for that price and remain competitive then I'll take it any day. People seem to forget sometimes as expensive as PS3 launched they were selling out. Anyway that's for another day.

Naughtboy

Banned
RavenFox said:
You mean like their games? Or the fact you get all that tech now for $299? Check the sales before you make a comment. If i could sell consoles for that price and remain competitive then I'll take it any day. People seem to forget sometimes as expensive as PS3 launched they were selling out. Anyway that's for another day.

When anything remotely new and good launches it sells out, what does that have to do with anything?

Have you not been looking at the NPD the last couple of months? The system is in last place. Don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying this isn't going to help them because it's certainly going to boost their sales by a mile, but to think somehow magically with this price change and slimmer model the console will overtake the 360 and Wii is ludicrous. With this they may finally be going head to head with the 360 constantly now

Again, im stoked for this because its the move i've been waiting for to jump on board.

Brobzoid said:
I do love a matte finish... But I'm not going to jump ship unless my current (non-BC) machine suddenly explodes.
same here,
even if I moved from NA to EU, I would bring my NA Fat to keep playing my NA BluRay movies

BTMash

BB just dropped the price of the LBP/Wall-E bundle to $299 as well.

This is so confusing...PS3 Slim is so damn sleek....but PS3 bundle is kickass at a great price.

Puck

Banned
rhfb said:
:lol Someone doesn't understand how DLC works I guess (good for us, bad for them).
Maybe someone doesn't want to fuck over loyal fans who have supported them over the years, unlike every other developer who is happy to fuck consumers over with content on the disc.

AniHawk

Welp, PS3s are finally within my purchasing range. Good job Sony, now I can finally play Valkyria Chronicles on your system
whenever I save up enough cash :(

Egmont

Neo Member
Ninja_Hawk said:
Not sure whether this has been posted yet.

PS3 Motion Controller Video

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-playstation-3/54366

I probably won't buy it, but it looks pretty cool, I believe they said the final controller design would be unveiled at TGS.

Nice! Looks like it'll be some sort of combination of the Wii and Natal functionalities. Hope the final controller looks a little less like a wiimote with a globe scotch-taped on the end.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
very nice.

I wish they'd ditch that ugly grill shape, though

edit: but praise the fucking lord that it doesn't look like the model in those magazine scans a few days ago.

Coins

Banned
KillJade said:
Go buy an 80GB for 299, where the hell is the deal breaker in this equation?

I would have bought a slim, to replace my fatty, until I saw you cant install Linux on it. Thats whats commonly referred to as Dealbreaker.

I think its a nice basic design resembling the PS2. Of course if this would have been $299 with this design at launch things would be much different.

Raistlin

Andronicus said:
front panel on bottom right looks like may be HDD housing cover

Not sure if it will be removable, but that is where the HDD goes based on the leaked prototype. Good catch!

Keikoku

Banned
tass0 said:
Funny price comparision, this is sure to cause an uproar :p

fightkff.jpg

So you prefered to talk about themes than mic ? Interesting. And the DVD/BR stuff doesn't change anything to the gaming experience, or multiplat. games would all be better on PS3... which is obviously not the case. Also live worths the price.

Estival

After this whole thing, the thing I am STILL thinking about was what that "ultrasound man" joke meant. I really don't get it.

But I did get the hip replacement one.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Keikoku said:
So you prefered to talk about themes than mic ? Interesting. And the DVD/BR stuff doesn't change anything to the gaming experience, or multiplat. games would all be better on PS3... which is obviously not the case. Also live worths the price.
U mad? Always hating.

Top Bottom