• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Gamescom to be focused on the PS4's lineup

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Only in sales not quality

Yeah im reaching.

You're reaching nothing. It's true. Vita is a mind blowingly awesome device and thoroughly deserves success. It's not getting it, but it deserves it. Quite frankly the Vita deserves to be more of a success than the PS4 does. The only thing Vita has in common with Wii U is that it's selling poorly. Wii U doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the Vita.

DigitalOp

Banned
You're reaching nothing. It's true. Vita is a mind blowingly awesome device and thoroughly deserves success. It's not getting it, but it deserves it. Quite frankly the Vita deserves to be more of a success than the PS4 does. The only thing Vita has in common with Wii U is that it's selling poorly. Wii U doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the Vita.

Gipsy Danger approves this message.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why SHOCKING NEWS is not in the title?
It was obvious, this doesn't mean that there will be no vita
i hope :(

Knoxcore

"once again..."

Forgive me, but Sony's PS4 showing at E3 was underwhelming imo. They will need to show off more than the four or five major retail titles that they have coming.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
good! still looking for an excuse to switch to ps4. i just need to see a big jump and/or convincing games.

Vita can still have a good show even if the PS4 does.

But I am SO SHOCKED that the PS4 will be a cornerstone of their Gamescom coverage. It's like it's a new console or something.

My thoughts exactly. I mean it's not like they can't talk about both or something.

Hubb

Well as sad as the Vita may be moving forward at least I can play all those psp games I never got a chance too (never owned one).

KOHIPEET

So no Vita game?

Wait a sec...

This means tons of brand new Ps4 footage from games that I can play with my Vita while laying on the couch?

0e3.png

So no Vita game?

Wait a sec...

This means tons of brand new Ps4 footage from games that I can play with my Vita while laying on the couch?

0e3.png
Actually, the "PS4 focus" statement apparently is older than the "Vita focus" statement.

Either way, they are both part of the same ecosystem and there can be a focus on both.

Hydrargyrus

It's the right thing to do.

Now it's time to promote PS4. Besides, the conference will be round the PS4, but it doesn't mean that there wont be Vita or PS3 announcements

Good to hear. I don't care about the Vita at all. Glad that they will be focusing more on the PS4 and not wasting time on the Vita.

Cerny promised that the PS4 launch lineup would be their strongest ever.

strongest ever launch line-up =/= strong first-party line-up.

Reality is that the timing of this console gen matches with a lot of high-profile IPs, and Sony's done a good job of bringing over some notable indies & F2Ps to its console as a starting point.

Yup. Couldn't agree more. My most played device for the last year easily.

Gamerloid

PS4 definitely needs to show more games, but the Vita needs some love too. All they really need to do for the Vita is announce a price drop though and show the games at the Tokyo Game Show.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Nice.

All Sony has to do at this point is announce an October release date and they will have done everything perfectly to kick off this new generation.

It would be cool if they showed some vita games but that won't get vita units to sell. Those damn memory card prices are whats killing it. Anyways, with Sony's new focus on indies, prepare for a whole lot of cross buy type promotions.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
LOL..... this is hilarious.

Didn't at least someone at Sony say this will have a big showing for Vita?

I'm done. No more hope.

Pretty much why I traded in my Vita towards the purchase of a PS4. I have little hope of proper support of the Vita other than for tied in PS4 functionality(Second screen and all that).

I also will never be buying a non-console product from them, and/or, any gimmick related product like Eye Toy, Move, ..whatever. At least, that is, until they prove they're willing to create good content for them.

BigDug13

Sony has no hope of beating the 3DS at all. They know this. There is no sense of urgency in making it the primary focus of a huge game event when on another warfront they are facing their most fierce competitor in their super lucrative console market.

Vita is still on their radar and they're playing the long game with it to carve out its own audience, Killzone shows me that they still give a shit. But to put it at the forefront at this specific event during this specific time period of this specific year would be incredibly stupid.

poor vita :(

oh well, at least after selling all the bundled stuff i got from amazon from the black friday sale i got a white vita for $100 B^)

dat denial by me :p

Gamerloid

LOL..... this is hilarious.

Didn't at least someone at Sony say this will have a big showing for Vita?

I'm done. No more hope.

Tokyo Game Show! There's no better time to focus on the Vita. I'm just waiting for that price drop and a good display of new games so I can pick it up.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting it fellow GAFfer.

To me, this is really great news, I need more fuel for my hype since it's been a bit quiet lately. I also really hope for a release date here, in Europe.

I'm getting all my things ready for the PS4. Money, Vouchers, cleaning and organizing my things, space in the furniture, for a nice clean and simple/minimalistic setup (please, I hope I'm not the only one doing this).

I still don't get the whole "It will be PS VITA Show" quote. People are taking it too seriously. E3 and Gamescom were/will heavily focus on PS4 along with TGS. Poor VITA is just going through a bad time, being so close to a next gen launch, especially one, which is getting so much hype.

PS4 can also be the bane of Sony hence their strong focus on it.

RIP PS Vita.

Fully Obsoleted.

Not even. Soon as Sony finds a sweet spot, price-wise, or bundles it in with the PS4, I expect a surge in units moved. I've been flagging those Vita freebies via my PS+ subscription since they started and between that and cross-play titles I've picked up, I'll already have a huge library of games to play when I eventually get one.

Maybe the Vita can be tethered to the PS4 to give it more RAM or something or the other way around, I dunno, could be cool. I'd like to see Fallout 4, man.

randomkid

poor vita :(

oh well, at least after selling all the bundled stuff i got from amazon from the black friday sale i got a white vita for $100 B^)

dat denial by me :p

That's not denial, that's being sensible! My white Vita with memory card and 3 months of PS+ was $130 after my bundle selloff. It's why I got no sympathy for people complaining about the Vita's price haha. That deal was posted everywhere, if you missed out that's on you!

Top Bottom