• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Gamescom to be focused on the PS4's lineup

It seems like Sony EU are the rulers of Ps4

That short UK guy revealed the ps4 on stage
Andrew House definitely has a much bigger presence now.

I like him though. I think he almost cried or maybe did behind the stage after he saw the overwhelming applause to the price announcement. He probably thought "OMG, we did it. We're back in the race".

house4v1uiw.gif

Samyy

I like him though. I think he almost cried or maybe did behind the stage after he saw the overwhelming applause to the price announcement. He probably thought "OMG, we did it. We're back in the race".

They were back in the race this gen :lol
Maybe in America yea

farisr

was this posted? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pDAdTVQWTo it's PS+ related. seems to have went live yesterday for a bit and they privated it.
buy 1 year, get 3 month free.

Really hope they enable that deal across all the regions again. I will stack up the sub with the deal. $40/year is good to me (even though I've managed to get it for much cheaper before).

And before someone mentiones the best buy deal, I don't live in the US so I couldn't get it.

Of course it'd be even better if they did what they did in march this year.

$10 back for every $50 spent
15 months of PS+ for $50.

Really hope they enable that deal across all the regions again. I will stack up the sub with the deal. $40/year is good to me (even though I've managed to get it for much cheaper before).

And before someone mentiones the best buy deal, I don't live in the US so I couldn't get it.

Of course it'd be even better if they did what they did in march this year.

$10 back for every $50 spent
15 months of PS+ for $50.
i actually should have a total of 3 1 year sub ready for ps4 launch. lol i will stack them up until the end of ps4 life cycle lol.

farisr

i actually should have a total of 3 1 year sub ready for ps4 launch. lol i will stack them up until the end of ps4 life cycle lol.

I really wish I had stacked it up back when I managed to get 18 months for $36. I had no idea how good PS+ was at the time.

Wozman23

Glad I decided to meander in to this thread. As perfect as Velocity Ultra was, and as good as the design changes were, I still would have preferred it be a sequel.

With such critical fanfare a sequel is inevitable. It's official announcement is one I look forward to with giddy excitement.

As the raging hypocrite I am since I've stacked till 2018, the only prolem with stacking is: If enough people do it Sony has little reason to improve the service, or they couldbe totally evil an alter the service for the worst. Tinfoil hats and all, once stacking is common place any power the consumer has is gone.

As the raging hypocrite I am since I've stacked till 2018, the only prolem with stacking is: If enough people do it Sony has little reason to improve the service, or they couldbe totally evil an alter the service for the worst. Tinfoil hats and all, once stacking is common place any power the consumer has is gone.

that's one way to look at it but theres also the discounted games they can improve on.

farisr

Indeed, but the way the world is, not everyone has the money to stack up on subs, nor is the majority confident enough in a service to do so and would much rather immediately spend that money on a game/controller.

house4v1uiw.gif

I remember watching him and thinking the same thing. It's almost as if a corporation had a heart at this point lol. It must feel pretty fucking good when you've poured your heart and soul into something and have such a positive reaction.

I really think the PS4 is something special this gen. Can't wait for Gamescon.

My biggest worry with PS+ is once PS4 takes off, the amount of games offered over all 3 services will decrease. Instead of 2 free retail games a month for ps3 and vita, it will be one ps3, one vita and one ps4 with the PS4 one being some throwaway indie title.

dEvAnGeL

My biggest worry with PS+ is once PS4 takes off, the amount of games offered over all 3 services will decrease. Instead of 2 free retail games a month for ps3 and vita, it will be one ps3, one vita and one ps4 with the PS4 one being some throwaway indie title.

if you use common sense the first 2 years of ps4 are gonna be dry when it comes to ps+, you wouldn't expect to get a bunch of recently released games for free would you? that aint gonna happen

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
if you use common sense the first 2 years of ps4 are gonna be dry when it comes to ps+, you wouldn't expect to get a bunch of recently released games for free would you? that aint gonna happen

I guess they will fill the lines with Indy games and better-than-demo versions of games, like they'll do with Drive Club.

I agree. There aren't going to be tons of old games for Sony to toss at gamers. We may even see more PSN titles used for this service than retail games.

On a side note, I think the games they give away should be critically acclaimed games that were not good sellers. I like to think of it as developer welfare of sorts. I also think they should try to promote genres outside of shooters with this. The whole premise of giving away games with PS plus should be to grow the industry by sustaining diversity and exposing gamers to quality games they wouldn't have looked at otherwise.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

house4v1uiw.gif

You really have to like Sony's approach when it comes to almost all their people who speak right now. You sense a real passion.

Wow I had a Gamescom dream!!

I dreamt that Naughty Dog teases Jak 4, and another game:

It was a Sailor Moon anime at first, but then it must have turned into Pokemon because there was a Geodude. Then for gameplay, there was a Victorybell in a battle against some other water Pokemon.

Basically, Nintendo lost the rights to Pokemon, and Naughty Dog was already making a game with it.

I agree. There aren't going to be tons of old games for Sony to toss at gamers. We may even see more PSN titles used for this service than retail games.

On a side note, I think the games they give away should be critically acclaimed games that were not good sellers. I like to think of it as developer welfare of sorts. I also think they should try to promote genres outside of shooters with this. The whole premise of giving away games with PS plus should be to grow the industry by sustaining diversity and exposing gamers to quality games they wouldn't have looked at otherwise.

We will likely see single player or multiplayer portions of 1st party games early on like DriveClub. Or some indie game. You have to remember when PS+ first started the game selection was rather weak. It has really grown into a worthwhile service just for the free games. As the PS3 starts to fade off things will ramp up for PS4 offerings.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wow I had a Gamescom dream!!

I dreamt that Naughty Dog teases Jak 4, and another game:

It was a Sailor Moon anime at first, but then it must have turned into Pokemon because there was a Geodude. Then for gameplay, there was a Victorybell in a battle against some other water Pokemon.

Basically, Nintendo lost the rights to Pokemon, and Naughty Dog was already making a game with it.

LOL That's quite the vivid dream.

Top Bottom