• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is NOW sending out Killzone 2 Beta Codes to USA PS Underground Members

Wollan said:
Well, I believe it's the third faction. Not so mythical anymore though.
Basically it's the actual earth forces and their allies. Helghan and Vekta are just colonies.

With ISA doing a sneak attack upon Helghan (and supposedly the intro will tell why the Helghast civilians will have to flee the cities from ISA forces) maybe that could lead to the UCA getting involved later on due to some breach of human(helghan) rights or whatever.

This game will be so awesome. It's just so much more fleshed out than the first! I'm so glad Sony bought these guys, giving them the means to realize their full potential.

DrPirate

Banned
Beta forums are up guys.

Wealth of information is on there.

Sharing gets your PSN account (as a whole) banned.

DON'T SHARE

Enojado

DrPirate said:
Beta forums are up guys.

Wealth of information is on there.

Sharing gets your PSN account (as a whole) banned.

DON'T SHARE

:( :( but not surprising. Oh well. Guess I'll wait and hope to be in the next (and larger) phase of the beta.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just a quick question. I'm not in the beta currently but if I do eventually get in and I have a sub account on PSN for another user on my PS3, they would be able to play the beta as well without and consequences, right?

DrPirate

Banned
Would you guys prefer I just copy and paste what the developers have stated?

I'm not 100% on the details, I'm just trying to save people from making a mistake and getting their account banned.

"Hey Testers,

We would like to remind you that by participating in this Closed Beta Trial,you are required to comply with the Beta License Trial Agreement. This agreement includes a non-disclosure clause, which in term means that you are NOT allowed to make pictures, videos or audio recordings of any content in the Beta and give them to third parties like gaming websites, youtube.com or anything similar.

This basically means that you are NOT, under any circumstances, allowed to share any Killzone 2 Online Beta information with anybody on the internet. Posting any content will result in an immediate ban from both the Beta and the Playstation Network as a whole.

Sony has already started banning offenders, so please, make sure you do not share any information (be it through screenshots, movies or even forum posts on forums other than this one) and just keep the info to yourself!"

I hope I don't get banned for reiterating this information either...I'm just trying to help. (Yes, I'm paranoid now)

Ploid 3.0

This basically means that you are NOT, under any circumstances, allowed to share any Killzone 2 Online Beta information with anybody on the internet. Posting any content will result in an immediate ban from both the Beta and the Playstation Network as a whole.

Well there's a possibility that this don't include the actual beta. This is about information, and since their invite process is so random some people might slip by. Glad I didn't post any information, screens, or videos outside of the Liepzig demo.

DrPirate

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:

Well there's a possibility that this don't include the actual beta. This is about information, and since their invite process is so random some people might slip by. Glad I didn't post any information, screens, or videos outside of the Liepzig demo.

Yes, you are right, I might have read through that a little too quickly first time through.

Ploid 3.0

I can't edit my post. I'm very paranoid let this thread die. Someone start a new thread about the beta discussion found on the internet. Anything but this one. lol

I have cash money in my psn wallet. I don't want to lose all that. I don't think I'm guilty but I don't want to lose my PSN XD

kenta

Has no PEINS
What if my relatives download it to their PS3s from my account even though I ask them not to? They did that with LBP and locked me out for 24 hours each time.

Is there a way to remotely deauthorize PS3s or anything (like iTunes)?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
kenta said:
What if my relatives download it to their PS3s from my account even though I ask them not to? They did that with LBP and locked me out for 24 hours each time.

Is there a way to remotely deauthorize PS3s or anything (like iTunes)?

Change your password?

Ploid 3.0 said:
I can't edit my post. I'm very paranoid let this thread die. Someone start a new thread about the beta discussion found on the internet. Anything but this one. lol

I have cash money in my psn wallet. I don't want to lose all that. I don't think I'm guilty but I don't want to lose my PSN XD
I can't either. :((

kenta said:
Really, that's it? Doesn't it still leave my account authorized on their PS3 until they try to log on with my account and fail?
All the games downloaded with your account will still work, but the ones that have online DRM won't.

kenta said:
Really, that's it? Doesn't it still leave my account authorized on their PS3 until they try to log on with my account and fail?

well their ps3 will still be activated but they wont be able to sign in to your account.

JB1981

All I'm going to say about this is, be prepared to have all your perceptions of what makes a game look ''good', be completely shattered by this game. I literally cannot believe what I am seeing, in some cases.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JB1981 said:
All I'm going to say about this is, be prepared to have all your perceptions of what makes a game look ''good', be completely shattered by this game. I literally cannot believe what I am seeing, in some cases.
Goddamn :lol

Dante

JB1981 said:

:O

Gibb

Metalmurphy said:
You guys sure aren't making it any easier for us Betaless people. :lol

For sure.. I've been looking through my e-mail for the last few weeks every single hour, even in the spam folder just to make sure. I almost caved and bought that stuff that makes it hard like a rock... just to compensate for not getting it from the beta!

sleepdealer.jpg

Helghast have invaded NYC.

(Unrelated article the image comes from)
http://io9.com/5064347/dropping-the-weird-science-new-york-style

Goldrusher said:
Downloading the Killzone 2 theme up on European stores enters you in beta key prize draw.

!

Oh, really? Guess I will give that a shot when I get home. I check my email EVERYDAY for this or a Home Beta and I dont get either.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Dammit I wanna play this so bad! Come on sony make an xbot a believer!

I check my email multiple times a day and nothing beta related has come :/

DMeisterJ

Banned
Apparently you can download the KZ2 Multi-player theme on the American PS Store too for a chance of the beta.

Link: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=53912

We Want YOU!

Your Feedback Helps Us Make The Game!

Are you a die-hard Killzone fanatic? Have you ever destroyed a squad of Helghast with a single M194 percussion grenade? Can you take out an ISA platoon armed with nothing but an StA-52 assault rifle? Prove it! Download the new Killzone 2 Multiplayer theme and you may be selected for the next phase of the beta trial.

Phase three of the Killzone 2 multiplayer beta trial is about to commence, and Guerrilla wants to offer you, the hardcore fan base, an opportunity to participate. In order to provide a stable and balanced multiplayer experience upon the game's release, we need worthy soldiers to enter the online battlefield and report their feedback to us. And that's where you come in.

If you're an able-bodied PLAYSTATION 3 owner over the age of 18, enlist now! To become eligible for participation in the beta trial, simply go to PlayStation Store and download the new Killzone 2 Multiplayer theme between October 16 and 23. Your PSN account will be flagged and added to our list of prospective recruits. If you're selected for inclusion in the beta trial, we'll notify you via e-mail.

It's a win-win proposal! While we can't guarantee that every flagged PSN account will be entered into the beta trial, you'll still get an awesome Killzone 2 Multiplayer theme for your effort. But remember: we're looking for worthy, honorable soldiers, so you'll have to abide by the terms and conditions of the SCEE beta test agreement if you're selected. Foul play will get you dishonorably discharged from the trial.

So what are you waiting for, recruit? Get downloading!

Baha

DMeisterJ said:
Apparently you can download the KZ2 Multi-player theme on the American PS Store too for a chance of the beta.

Link: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=53912

We Want YOU!

Are you a die-hard Killzone fanatic? Have you ever destroyed a squad of Helghast with a single M194 percussion grenade? Can you take out an ISA platoon armed with nothing but an StA-52 assault rifle? Prove it! Download the new Killzone 2 Multiplayer theme and you may be selected for the next phase of the beta trial.

Phase three of the Killzone 2 multiplayer beta trial is about to commence, and Guerrilla wants to offer you, the hardcore fan base, an opportunity to participate. In order to provide a stable and balanced multiplayer experience upon the game's release, we need worthy soldiers to enter the online battlefield and report their feedback to us. And that's where you come in.

If you're an able-bodied PLAYSTATION 3 owner over the age of 18, enlist now! To become eligible for participation in the beta trial, simply go to PlayStation Store and download the new Killzone 2 Multiplayer theme between October 16 and 23. Your PSN account will be flagged and added to our list of prospective recruits. If you're selected for inclusion in the beta trial, we'll notify you via e-mail.

It's a win-win proposal! While we can't guarantee that every flagged PSN account will be entered into the beta trial, you'll still get an awesome Killzone 2 Multiplayer theme for your effort. But remember: we're looking for worthy, honorable soldiers, so you'll have to abide by the terms and conditions of the SCEE beta test agreement if you're selected. Foul play will get you dishonorably discharged from the trial.

Is this the same theme that was available in Europe?

llTll

Banned
what can i do to get into the beta. ?

this is like. my most wanted game :/

does anyone have extra code or something?

stressboy

JB1981 said:

Word. This game is fucking gorgeous.

DMeisterJ said:

We Want YOU!

So this is only available for European PS3 owners?

Top Bottom