• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Leipzig Lineup List and Jaffe's new game.

el Diablo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Sony has said that they've split their showings up for E3, GC and TGS. GC will have a big focus on their European games and TGS will have a big focus on their Japanese games.

Ah good old TGS, using the usual formula we'll be lucky to see anything new shown at TGS hit stateside before X-mas 09'.

Sony better pray they have actual meat to show this year at TGS and not more CGI bullshots. If all they show is bullshots we're in for a long wait for any games with a JP flavor. IMO JP developers are the reason the PS3 is in it's predicament it's in. They've accounted for all of jack and sh*t (excluding MSG4) and really need to get going.

At any rate, hope to see alot more of Heavy Rain at Leipzig. It's the only thing Sony's got in the pipleline from its 1st party devs that has me even remotely interested.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
LBP is great as always. KZ2 hands on! Hopefully something about the R2 beta. Heavy rain finally, it's almost hard to believe it'll actually happen.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Hey ya'll- as for our new game, no, we re not showing it next week. Or next month. Or the month after that.

We're prob. a good 6-10 months away from letting anyone outside of Sony see it. And at that point, I have no clue if they will give it its own showing to the press or make it's unveiling a part of something like GDC or E3.

Will let ya'll know- hope you like what we are doing!

Enjoy the show next week!

David

el Diablo

Banned
davidjaffe said:
Hey ya'll- as for our new game, no, we re not showing it next week. Or next month. Or the month after that.

We're prob. a good 6-10 months away from letting anyone outside of Sony see it. And at that point, I have no clue if they will give it its own showing to the press or make it's unveiling a part of something like GDC or E3.

David

Way to suck the wind out of our sails for a surprise announcement :lol.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
davidjaffe said:

David

Thank you "The fucking Man"

Fenderputty said:
Another thread already talking about the subject.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331066

Apparently there were supposed to be 12 announcements and this was announced by Sony. Not all of the announcements will be playable or shown behind closed doors though. I would hope that some games not on the list to show up in the form of a trailer and an announcement. Hopefully this game will be one of them. I would really love another TM game.

Having seen the list of all the BCD games at Leipzig from sony, there's no surprises there and its mostly the E3 builds like in the case of Resistance 2. It's doubtful a new Jaffe game would be shown at the press conference which is an SCEE conf and not an SCEA one.

Brofist

davidjaffe said:

David

Ah well, better to show it off in a more "functional" condition.

How's the Mac running btw ;)

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
The mac is SMOKING now- with 2gigs of Ram, it's like FUN to use this damn thing again.

I can open word and xcel AND the net AND read a Marvel digital comic, all at the same damn time! Life is good :)

fanboi

Banned
davidjaffe said:

David

Whyyyy?!

You hate us so? :|

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Rapping Granny said:
Could we at least expect it to be announced and with a title next week?

You mean OUR game? Not sure if you are talking about what we are working on. But if you are, hells no. We are just too early. This stuff takes time, man. But trust me, I'm dying to show it and talk about it and show off some of the amazing stuff the team has been up to.

Plus it's too early cause I'm also working on a big J Allard Extreme Makeover so the next time ya'll see me you'll be like: WTF??!?!? :) But I ain't there yet!

Just kidding...well, sort of...that would be cool....not to look like Moby or Michael Stipe, but to get all in shape and stuff like he did.

David

gantz85

Banned
davidjaffe said:
The mac is SMOKING now- with 2gigs of Ram, it's like FUN to use this damn thing again.

I can open word and xcel AND the net AND read a Marvel digital comic, all at the same damn time! Life is good :)

Any insider news you can give us about the gaming scene or the Leipzig GC including Sony? :D

el Diablo

Banned
RiotPelaaja said:
It's doubtful a new Jaffe game would be shown at the press conference which is an SCEE conf and not an SCEA one.

Eh, the davidjaffe who's posting is actually David Jaffe. If he says no game at Lepizig then that's it :lol.

Issun23

Woo! Heavy Rain! \o/ And there's Resistance too. And LBP couldn't be missing.

Too bad I had to cancel going last minute. ;_;

davidjaffe said:
You mean OUR game? Not sure if you are talking about what we are working on. But if you are, hells no. We are just too early. This stuff takes time, man. But trust me, I'm dying to show it and talk about it and show off some of the amazing stuff the team has been up to.

Plus it's too early cause I'm also working on a big J Allard Extreme Makeover so the next time ya'll see me you'll be like: WTF??!?!? :) But I ain't there yet!

Just kidding...well, sort of...that would be cool....not to look like Moby or Michael Stipe, but to get all in shape and stuff like he did.

David

lol thanks man, can't wait.

Rlan

Incidentally, all games showing at Lepzieg are required to be rated by the USK - video or playable.

For example, the rating for "Bionic Commando (GC-Demo)" shows up, so Bionic Commando will have a demo there. There has been a rating for "Need for Speed Undercover (GC-Trailer)" so that means NFS: Undercover will get a trailer at GDC (which has not been seen in public at all elsewhere)

Other games might get stuck inside a compilation trailer, so you see "Activision Trailershow (GC-Trailer)" too.

Rainy Dog

Hoping Wipeout HD is there. Given it's European origins and recent rumoured issues, it'll be cause for concern if it isnt.

deepbrown

Rlan said:
Incidentally, all games showing at Lepzieg are required to be rated by the USK - video or playable.

For example, the rating for "Bionic Commando (GC-Demo)" shows up, so Bionic Commando will have a demo there. There has been a rating for "Need for Speed Undercover (GC-Trailer)" so that means NFS: Undercover will get a trailer at GDC (which has not been seen in public at all elsewhere)

Other games might get stuck inside a compilation trailer, so you see "Activision Trailershow (GC-Trailer)" too.
Link! :)

J-Rzez

davidjaffe said:

David

You're not going Hoodie with a sport jacket over top look i hope like Allard :lol

And don't go all emo wearing girl pants either. But either way, glad you're getting yourself into shape. Not only will it get you chicks looking in shape, but it helps out the mind too :p

deepbrown

RiotPelaaja said:
Having seen the list of all the BCD games at Leipzig from sony, there's no surprises there and its mostly the E3 builds like in the case of Resistance 2. It's doubtful a new Jaffe game would be shown at the press conference which is an SCEE conf and not an SCEA one.
But there are SCEA games there.

Rolf NB

Kittonwy said:
It's an action-platformer in a sandbox-style city, with boss fightz, and LIGHTNING.
angry.gif
Box quote right there :lol

davidjaffe said:

David
Will you rename your venture to Flex Sleep Play then?
And good luck with whatever it is!

deepbrown said:
But there are SCEA games there.

Of course there are, but what I mean is that since both SCEA and SCEE are separate entities and not always on the best of terms, it's unusual for one to debut the others game. In case of LittleBigPlanet, it's a hugely important game for both, but something like Heavy Rain has been funded by SCEE and not SCEA, so that comes into play when demoing the game. Obviously it was shown at E3 to a lot of people behind closed doors, but it should be part of the SCEE press conference at Leipzig.

klee123

I just reckon they should pimp out some of their 2009 titles(sans KZ2) more or announce more new titles. I mean, I suspect most keen PS3 gamers would have seen more than enough footage of LBP, R2 etc by now.

klee123 said:
I just reckon they should pimp out some of their 2009 titles(sans KZ2) more or announce more new titles. I mean, I suspect most keen PS3 gamers would have seen more than enough footage of LBP, R2 etc by now.

Keen gamers. But the mass (which goes to GC08) hasn't seen nor played a bunch of these games. And when they get to go hands on with LittleBig, Killzone, Resistance and a bunch more. They are going to get really hyped.

klee123

Vinterbird said:
Keen gamers. But the mass (which goes to GC08) hasn't seen nor played a bunch of these games. And when they get to go hands on with LittleBig, Killzone, Resistance and a bunch more. They are going to get really hyped.

Of course, which is why a lot of them will most likely be playable, but it still doesn't hurt for Sony to show some new stuff.

FirewalkR

Wax Free Vanilla said:
they better show this game:

That's multiplatform though... still, isn't Marco Salvi (nAo/nostromo) working there?

Edit: forget it, it was Dean Calver, and he's already left Frontier.

Still, why should they show it? Heard of anything?

FightyF

Banned
fanboi said:
Whyyyy?!

You hate us so? :|

I think it's a pretty obvious decision when you consider how Resistance 2 was crucified, and the game wasn't too early either, just was missing some key graphical components.

Though I'll admit I'd like to know what sort of genre it is...FPS, ActionAdventure, Automobile Combat :)P), etc. and the general theme. Ah well there's so much to look forward to this year anyways that it's probably better that we don't know anything about it.

FirewalkR said:
That's multiplatform though... still, isn't Marco Salvi (nAo/nostromo) working there?

Edit: forget it, it was Dean Calver, and he's already left Frontier.

Still, why should they show it? Heard of anything?

isn't this the bbc game?

Hopefully Uncharted 2 will be there:

Ever since it was first announced a couple of years ago, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune has won the hearts of many Playstation gamers; it was the sole reason for me personally buying a Playstation 3. The game centers around Nathan Drake on his action-packed adventure, searching for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, and since its launch in November 2007, it’s been an instant hit with sales reaching nearly 2 million worldwide.

With Naughty Dog creating such a rich, vast world with interesting characters, it comes to no surprise that a sequel could well be in the works. Videogaming247 picked up on a French interview in which Christophe Balestra, Vice-President of Naughty Dog, “confirms” that Uncharted 2 is in fact in development. The interview originates from French website Gamekyo.com with a translation below:

“One expected it and Christophe Balestra, Vice-President of Naughty Dog, officially confirms it at the time of an interview with LCI: very good Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune will have right to its continuation, of course better according to statements’ of the creators. One awaits the first images and information.”
Now before you say, "Hey, TGR, this is old," we do know that the interview is from January, 2008. So why bring it up now?

Because of this: a certain David Reeves saying that there will be twelve announcements at Leizpig, and we will put money down that Uncharted 2 will make an appearance in trailer form during the Sony press conference. How do we know? Just trust us.

TGR Verdict: Very Likely

Looking forward to seeing more about Heavy Rain, especially after those shit hot screenshots that got posted here a week or so ago.

Top Bottom