• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Makes Changes To PSN Backend To Pave Way For Future PC/PS5 Cross-Platform Releases

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
ghost-of-tsushima-ps5-pc-1.jpg

Twitter/X user PlaystationSize, who is known for sharing download size and update details for upcoming titles via the PlayStation database, has found evidence in the PSN backend suggesting that Sony is making some database changes to pave the way for future cross-platform releases on PC and PS5.

ghost-of-tsushima-ps5-pc.jpg

As seen in the screenshot above, the major change made to the PlayStation Network backend is the inclusion of PC as a part of the PlayStation ecosystem alongside PS5 and PS4. The Twitter/X user learned that two new game IDs for Ghost of Tsushima were added to the PlayStation Database i.e. PPSA20180_00 and PPSA22239_00. These are likely used for the PC versions of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut and Ghost of Tsushima: Legends.

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will be the first PlayStation title on PC to use the new PlayStation overlay, which will include a user’s PSN Friends list, Trophies, Settings, and Profile. The feature will be accessible from the in-game menu or, for keyboard players, by pressing the “SHIFT +F1” shortcut.

Furthermore, with the addition of cross-play support, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends players on Windows PCs can team up with players on both PS4 and PS5 consoles and also use the in-game voice chat for communication. Players will be required to sign into their PlayStation Network account to access Legends mode.

GHG

Gold Member
How is this any different to the information outlined here? :

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is the first PlayStation title on PC that uses a new PlayStation overlay, which includes your Friends list, Trophies, Settings, and your Profile. This feature is available on Windows PCs and will be accessible from the in-game menu or, for keyboard players, by pressing the “SHIFT +F1” shortcut on your keyboard.

It's literally a word for word copy and paste on month old information.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
They need to allow PC cross buy with PS5 and separate trophy lists and we'll be golden 👌 probably won't happen and people would find a way to be outraged if they did.

The only way that happens is if they had their own store on PC and restrict purchases to there.

Do you really want want to install Sony software in your PC? It will make the Epic Games Store and Uplay look optimised.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only way that happens is if they had their own store on PC and restrict purchases to there.

Do you really want want to install Sony software in your PC? It will make the Epic Games Store and Uplay look optimised.
Yeah I'd have no problem with that personally.

• Empathy
Reactions: GHG

RagnarokIV

Can't wait for the PS blog and push square comment sections. The Judas betreyal one is fucken side splittingly funny.

NoobSmog

I hope people keep complaining about psn login. Sony can stop wasting time/manpower on pc ports and pc players won't have to log in, win/win for everyone.

Fredrik

Cautiously optimistic about this. My PC is now my Xbox, if Sony makes it feel it’s my PS too then the move to PC will feel even better. If they would drop the delays too I would forgive them for everything.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Its not "PC", its "Steam"
Bullshit ? It’s PC.

Sony wouldn’t release ( or most studios for the matter ) and give a fuck about steam if it was for steam deck only or steam machine or steam OS. That 1 or 2 million or even 5 million steam deck units don’t mean shit .

Their install base is windows PC. Just like how the game going to be on epic store which is also ….. wait for it …. PC !!!

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Yeah, that would be bad. Sony’s general software dev skillset is terrible. Like every application they make kind of sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

DavidGzz

Dang, PS day one on my Xbox Series Pro(PC) and Xbox games on my PS5 Pro? The future is looking bright. Death to exclusives!

StereoVsn

Timeout, we’re bitching about psn/pc cross play because of a login? If that ruins your day I’d hate to have your life.
Logins are ok, as long as the requirement is out front and center at purchase. Not ideal certainly, and it would be much preferable to be an option.

The bigger issue is that PSN availability is kind of crap worldwide so by making that a requirement a lot of people are excluded.

Gojiira

Banned

This is why I cant take PC gamers seriously, ever since PS started porting games to PC they have been BEGGING for trophies, how the fuck else are they going to be supported? What you think trophies will just get added to Steam?
No the overlay is the best solution, after all why would Sony try to compete with Steam when all others have failed?
And EGS/Uplay more optimised than Playstation? Are you retarded? Ffs, its always some stupid whine from PC players, like your systems arent infested with third party accounts,spyware,DRM etc yet for some reason PS is too much…Really mind boggling…

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I can’t wait to buy the next XBOX so I can login to my PlayStation account and buy the games from steam! The futures looking bright boys!!!

GHG

Gold Member
This is why I cant take PC gamers seriously, ever since PS started porting games to PC they have been BEGGING for trophies, how the fuck else are they going to be supported? What you think trophies will just get added to Steam?
No the overlay is the best solution, after all why would Sony try to compete with Steam when all others have failed?
And EGS/Uplay more optimised than Playstation? Are you retarded? Ffs, its always some stupid whine from PC players, like your systems arent infested with third party accounts,spyware,DRM etc yet for some reason PS is too much…Really mind boggling…

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Again why are we not demanding crossbuy from all these publishers who force a second launcher on pc?

Because of fanboyism that's why.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Sony better get their shit together if they really want to attract the pc crowd. Nobody on pc cares enough about their sub par Ubisoft clones or dad simulators to sign up to PSN. StellarBlade was the exception. I understand the fanboys don’t want to hear it but Sony needs pc players more than pc players need Sony.

Will Smith Best Gif GIF

Sentenza

Are you out of your fucking mind?
The only people who ever gave a shit about Playstation "trophies" are the one who were already gobbling up on Sony's dick on a daily basis.

No one else gives even remotely a shit. And achievements are already a thing on Steam anyway.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Never ceases to amuse me how hell-bent Steam-bro's are on turning an open platform into a single store-front walled garden!

Like, things are good now, but Gabe isn't going to be around forever...

Sony better get their shit together if they really want to attract the pc crowd. Nobody on pc cares enough about their sub par Ubisoft clones or dad simulators to sign up to PSN. StellarBlade was the exception. I understand the fanboys don’t want to hear it but Sony needs pc players more than pc players need Sony.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Gojiira

Banned
The only people who ever gave a shit about Playstation "trophies" are the one who were already gobbling up on Sony's dick on a daily basis.

No one else gives even remotely a shit. And achievements are already a thing on Steam anyway.
No but clearly you are neckbeard, if it wasnt begging for ports,it was begging for cross save, and cross platform trophy support. Steam having achievements is irrelevant..

Three

He's calling you a dick gobbler Topher, are you going to have that?

I just want trophy integration on PC. If that comes from a Sony storefront or integration with Steam.....either way, just make it happen.
woman-loves-stir-the-pot-quickly-5wuz2kwrenktp6wz.webp

reinking

Gold Member
I'm not sure wtf is going on. People have asked Sony to bring more PlayStation games to Steam. Did they really think some would not require a PSN account? I am not sure how they would provide cross play and cross communication without requiring a PSN account. Weird that PC gamers have made accounts for so many other platforms but for some reason they draw the line here.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm not sure wtf is going on. People have asked Sony to bring more PlayStation games to Steam. Did they really think some would not require a PSN account? I am not sure how they would provide cross play and cross communication without requiring a PSN account. Weird that PC gamers have made accounts for so many other platforms but for some reason they draw the line here.

Tons of games have crossplay with no logins. For instance, Helldivers 2 and Tekken 8. For communication everyone is using Discord anyway.

It’s just a needless chore to have to login. Sucks when MS, Ubi, EA, etc do it and it will suck Sony does it. Not a deal breaker for me but people have been complaining about EA and Ubi on PC for over a decade at this point. You just weren’t paying attention because it didn’t concern your console brand.

Topher

Gold Member

The problem wasn't the login itself nearly as much as the bungled implementation.

NEbeast

Sony are doing fine without your whiney ass.

Top Bottom